Uttarakhand is a place of amazing beauty and serenity that will enchant every traveler that steps there. The breathtaking view of the Himalayas gives you a keen sense of spirituality and calmness. There is a variety of things for an avid traveler to do in Uttarakhand. 10 Best places to visit in Uttarakhand
10 Best places to visit in Uttarakhand
1. Masoorie – The Queen of the hills is the apt name for this beautiful and stunning hill station. The weekend getaway or mostly a honeymoon destination, Masoorie will keep everyone happy with its wonderful weather and sights to see. 10 Best places to visit in Uttarakhand
- Nearby Places: Coming this Masoorie, then do not forget to visit Dehradun, Rishikesh and Haridwar. Ideal Visit Time: 1-2 days.
- Famous for: If you wish to get indulged in the beauty of the Hill station, panoramic views and hearttouching serenity then you must go for it.
- Major Attractions: Kempty Falls, Lal Tibba and Happy Valley are some of the major attraction.
2. Dehradun – Dehradun is the capital city of Uttarakhand and it is place worth visiting. It is a picturesque location and has the wonderful view of the Himalayas. The Ganga flows from either side of the city and this gives it a holy feel. You can visit the forest research institute in Dehradun. 10 Best places to visit in Uttarakhand
- Nearby Places: What you must not skip at any rate is Masoorie, Rishikesh and Haridwar.
- Ideal Visit Time: 1 day.
- Famous for: It is widely known as the best Hill station having the breathtaking landscape and eye-catching views.
- Major Attractions: If you are heading to it then do not forget to visit to have blessings of the Sahastradhara and Tapkeshwar temple.
3. Nainital – This little valley is a popular choice among families and couples. The Naini River that flows through is also popular with all. The greenery that is present in Nainitaal is breathtaking. You can go trekking or camping in Ranikhet. You can also check out the zoo. 10 Best places to visit in Uttarakhand
- Major Attractions: If talks about the major attraction it is Naini Lake and Naina peak.
- Nearby Places: Haldane and Almora are the nearby place.
- Ideal Visit Time: 1-2 days.
- Famous for: This lovely place is all set to make you fall in love with the lovely Hill station, panoramic Views, breathtaking Lakes, and the incredible Serenity 10 Best places to visit in Uttarakhand
4. Rishikesh – Known as the adventure capital of India, Rishikesh is the perfect place for all the wild adventurous sports. You can go trekking up the hills and do water sports like kayaking, white water rafting, etc. Enjoy the breathtaking views and even see some of the ashrams. 10 Best places to visit in Uttarakhand
- Nearby Places: You can also visit if done with Rishikesh tours like Haridwar, Dehradun and Masoorie.
- Ideal Visit Time: 2 days. 10 Best places to visit in Uttarakhand
- Famous for: As the name of this place is already indicating that it is all about to experience the spirituality. But apart from it, you can head to it to have a lot of Adventure sports, Temples, Ghats.
- Major Attractions: If talks about the major attractions it is Shivpuri, Beatles Ashram and Neelkanth Mahadev. 10 Best places to visit in Uttarakhand
5. Haridwar – This is the pilgrim capital of India. Get into your spiritual side and visit all the holy places in Haridwar. Take a dip in the Ganga and speak to the gurus for any spiritual advice. The Ganga Aarti is very auspicious too.
- Nearby Places: Rishikesh, Dehradun, Masoorie.
- Ideal Visit Time: 2 days.
- Famous for: For the people having true inclination toward spirituality must visit Haridwar as it is widely known for spirituality, incredible temples and auspicious Ghats.
- Major Attraction: Har Ki Pauri is one of the biggest thing for which people come to visit all around the world.
6. Chamoli – Chamoli is known for its shrines and temples and all things that are part of the Hindu mythology. It is famous for its Chipko movement. The serene beauty of this place makes it a must visit for most tourists. It has something for all travelers – nature lovers, photographers, adventure buffs, etc.
7. Binsar – Binsar is located in the picturesque location of a wildlife sanctuary. It gives you amazing views of Nanda Devi, Kedarnath, Nanda Kot and Chaukhamba. You can choose to live in a homestay at Binsar for that real local feel. It has lovely safaris in the wildlife sanctuary too. 10 Best places to visit in Uttarakhand
- Ideal for: if you are writers, nature lovers or peace seekers, Binsar will be a paradise for you.
- Ideal duration: 3 to 4 days
- Why: You must head to Binsar if looking for jazz up your mind staying away from the hustle-bustle of the city.
- Best time to visit: The best months starts in between of October & November
8. Jim Corbett National Park – World famous Jim Corbett National park is a must see on a wildlife enthusiast’s list. This home to the Royal Bengal tigers has several species of birds, animals and also plants and trees. You can go on a safari or a hiking trail all through the year. 10 Best places to visit in Uttarakhand
9. Almora – This is one of the best places to visit during the summers. This romantic destination makes it perfect for honeymooners too. Trekking and adventure sports make it great for solo travelers also.
- Nearby Place: Nainitaal is adjacent to Almora and you can visit if Almora tour is done.
- Ideal Visit Time: 1-2 days. 10 Best places to visit in Uttarakhand
- Famous for: It rules over visitor heart because of having Kumaon Regiment, Temples, Himalayas and Hippie trail.
- Major Attractions: It has many attractions like Kasar Devi Temple, Binsar Wildlife Sanctuary
10. Auli – Auli gives you a majestic view of the Himalayas and is also next to Badrinath. There are a lot of mountain sports that you can complete here. The snow capped mountains also offer ski lovers a great retreat.There is so much to do in Uttarakhand that it can be your best tourist spot for the whole year round. Get a chance to do all the adventure sports and also get your spiritual edge a boost here. 10 Best places to visit in Uttarakhand
So, what are you waiting for? It is time to head to Uttarakhand to have a lot of fun. Stay connected with Jiyo Pal Pal… Have A Happy Reading ..:)