About 6 years ago, ‘The Attacks of 26/11’, based on Ram Gopal Varma’s heartbreaking terrorist attack of ’26/11′, did not get the love of audience and critics. A documentary like Surviving Mumbai was also made on this subject. Now Anthony Maras has brought ‘Hotel Mumbai’ on this terrorist incident.
- Genre – Thriller
- Star Cast – Dev Patel, Anupam Kher, Armie Hammer, Nazanin Boniadi, Jason Isaacs
- Director – Anthony Maras
- Rating – 3.5/5
Story of the Movie
Hotel Taj is accommodating and catering for VIP guests such as David Duncan (Army Hemmer) and Jara (Nazneen Bondi), a Russian businessman (Jason Isek). When Head Chef Hemant Oberoi (Anupam Kher) is giving instructions to waiter Arjun (Dev Patel) along with his team for hospitality of guests, he does not have any inkling that Kasab at CST station and Leopold Cafe and His fellow terrorists have killed many people by attacking him. By the time a group of militant youths massacres the Hotel Taj, it is too late. How Arjun and Hemant Oberoi together with their staff save the lives of the guests staying in the hotel in this dreadful attack, it would be better if you see it in the film.
Direction of The Movie
Director Anthony Maras summed up that horrific incident in one night. He has presented the view inside the hotel Taj in such a way that your breath subsides. He has managed to present this true incident in a thrilling style.
Review of The Movie
- He maintains sensitivity through the track of the young child in the film. Without glorifying terrorists, he has been able to show how these terrorists who roast bullets to the common people are brainwashed in the name of money or jihad and are involved in a bloody game.
- Introducing shrewdness as a director, he has not focused the story too much on the police or the outside world. However, he has shown the helplessness and bravery of the Mumbai Police sitting in wait for the Special Forces from Delhi.
- He has also threaded real footage of that terrorist attack in his film. Nick Remy Matthews’s cinematography will be admired. The background score of the film makes the story strong.
What About The Performance
- Anupam Kher has done an excellent job in the role of Hemant Oberoi. According to his character, he has maintained restraint and tolerance.
- To save the lives of the guests, Dev Patel, who has played his life, has done very beautifully.
- Arjun, who sees his turban as a Sikh waiter with respect and courage, has a wonderful scene when he removes a turban to save a foreign tourist who was shot by terrorists.
- Everyone from Jason Isek, Army Heimer, Nazneen Bondi, Vipin Sharma, Natashajai have played their roles in such a trauma and panic style that you continue to join them.
Why Should You Watch
Those who are fond of true stories and want to see the 26/11 incident on-screen must watch this film. This movie will truly entertain you in a great manner. The terrorist attack on 26 November 2008 has been shown by director Anthony Maras to be sensitive as well as thriller style. You go into those creepy memories, scene by scene. You go to simmering and in many places your eyes become moist.
Stay connected with Jiyo Pal Pal …
Have A Happy Movie Time …