Before you even go through the whole blog, let me ask do you have an idea about a place where you can find an incredible fusion of Rajput and Mughal art. If your answer is Nagaur then you are right. It’s one of the prominent cities of Rajasthan. If you have been hunting for a lovely place to get relaxed then choose Nagaur. We are here to introduce you about this city.
HISTORY ASSOCIATE TO NAGAUR
When it’s looked into the history of Nagaur, it makes us land to the era of the great epic “the Mahabharata”. As per mythology, there was a time when the kingdom of Ahichhatrapur covers some region of the present Nagaur. And Arjuna conquered Ahchhatrapur and served it to Guru Dronacharya, who was his mentor.
WHY YOU MUST VISIT NAGAUR
Since Nagaur adjacent to major cities of Rajasthan like Jodhpur and Bikaner, that means you can schedule time to visit these popular cities as well. Jodhpur situated 130 kms and Bikaner located 110 kms and it makes perfect to visit all these three very popular cities of Rajasthan at the same time. Apart from it, Annual Camel Fair held at Nagaur Fort in the month of February is another reason which lure people to visit this lovely people. Guests and tourists come all over the world especially to enjoy it.
POPULAR PLACES ESTABLISHED IN NAGAUR
Nagaur is blessed with a number of forts, temples and luxurious hotels which you must visit. Let’s take a look.
- Nagaur Fort:- Exploring Nagaur is incomplete without visiting the Nagaur Fort. It’s also called Sandy Fort. This marvellous fort is about 2 centuries old. And it’s very special since it is the witness of many battles. This fort holds many temples and places.
- Hadi Rani Mahal:- You must not skip chance to visit this Hadi Rani Mahal. It is beautifully decorated be it wall, ceilings or facade. Embellishment of mural paintings will take your heart away. It got its name from the one of the most well-known maharanis of Nagaur.
- Deepak Mahal:- This another place which has always been at the top in the list of visitors. It is decorated with outstanding floral designs all across the wall. Deepak Mahal oozes with great paintings and scripture. Visiting this lovely place means embrace the great culture of Rajasthan. Floral designs of Deepak Mahal will leave you completely speechless.
- Akbari Mahal:- It’s popular because of having great amalgamation of Rajput and Mughal art. It was built in the year of 1556 by the Mughals. It was constructed in the memory of Nagaur. Since it holds the greatest fusion of Mughal and Rajput art, visitors love to explore it.
- Rani Mahal:- This place is known as Rani Mahal since it was a dwelling place of the wives of the rulers of Nagaur. It’s an eye-catching place and you must go to watch it. Rani Mahal and Zenana Deori, both situated in the same fort. Here, you can find swimming pools and hammam explore the amazing culture which has become past. Being dwelling place of the female counterparts, it has always been popular among the devotees.
- Jain Glass Temple:- this marvellous temple situated adjacent to Kamla Tower. It grabs wide attention of visitor as it’s made from the glass and enamel work. Be it ceiling fan, panel, door or floor, decoration can be seen everywhere. And it unique from other temples as it this kind of decoration cannot be found anywhere else.
- Sai Ji Maharaj Ka Tanka:- This place is great for the visitors and pilgrims both. As per mythology, it considered as the resting place of the Shir Saiji Maharaj. And Sai Ji one of the greatest saints of India. There is number of devotees who believe in Sai Ji.
- Tarkeen Dargah:- After Dargah of Ajmer-e-Sharif, it’s considered very important and sacred place of Muslim devotees. Though it Muslim’s religious place, but devotees of other religions also come to take blessings. It was established in the memory of Khwaja Hamiduddin Nagauri who is the disciple of Khwaja Moinuddin Chisti.
- Kuchaman Fort: – This mesmerizing fort has been turned into a five star hotel. And visitors who are pretty much curious to know about the culture. Here, you can stay to experience the royal life. It situated on the hill and you must not skip as you can take a view of the whole region in one go.
FAIR AND FESTIVAL OF NAGAUR
- Nagaur Fair:- Nagaur Fair is the eight days long and regarded as the second biggest fair of India. It is organised between the months of Jan-February every year. Nagaur Fair revolves around the trading of animals. And it’s amazing to know that every year approximately 70,000 and more comes, horses, etc. are traded in this world famous fair. Here, you will not find animals in their ordinary look, but completely different as they all are dressed up in eye-catching apparels. Apart from it, their owners come with long moustaches and breath-taking turbans.
- Mirchi Bazzar: – it’s another attraction of Nagaur. This Mirchi Bazzar is the largest red-chilly market of India.
- Nagaur Cattle Fair:- In this fair, cattle are traded. It also goes on to eight days. And the popularity of this amazing cattle fair is rising day-by-day.
WHEN TO VISIT NAGAUR
Scheduling a visit between the month of October and November is considered best as weather remains relatively mild. Though the season of Nagaur remains hot and dry throughout the year because of scanty rainfall, but the weather remains pleasing between the month of October and November.
HOW TO REACH NAGAUR
The beautiful city of Rajasthan can be accessed by Air, Train and Road. In this section, we are going to explore all the three.
- By Air: – Nagaur does not hold its own airport and the nearest airport located in Jodhpur. Foreign tourist can take flight from Indira Gandhi International Airport. Regular flights to Jodhpur is available.
- By Train:-Nagaur Railway Station is well connected to the major cities like Bikaner, Delhi, Jaipur and Jodhpur. If you have been looking to go along with Train then you can go ahead.
- By Bus: – Visitors can reach Nagaur by Bus also. Ajmer, Delhi, Jodhpur, Jaipur and Bikaner serve regular bus service to Nagaur.