You might have also come across the same issue at any point in your life? On the other hand, there would be many of you who often get nosebleed during summer. Saying would not wrong that it is painful as well as quite embarrassing when you are in public. Have you ever tried to go with the natural remedies to get rid of this health issue? If not, then you have landed on the right platform. Here, we are going to focus on this in order to churn out the valuable information to you.
05 Natural Ways To Stop A Nosebleed
A Brief About Nosebleed
Nosebleeds are very common. Most of them occur due to minor irritations or colds. And therefore people who prone to this need to take care of themselves a lot during the season. The nose contains a large number of tiny blood vessels that bleed easily. You might be thinking that why do nose starts getting bleed. The air that moves through the nose can dry and irritate the membranes lining its interior. Crusts that bleed when irritated can form. Nosebleeds are more frequent during the winter or summer (As it varies from person to person) when cold viruses are common and air from indoor areas tends to be drier.
The majority of these hemorrhages occur in the front part of the nasal septum. This is the piece of tissue that separates the two sides of the nose. This type of bleeding can be easy to stop for a trained professional. Less commonly, nosebleeds can occur in the upper part of the septum or in a deeper part of the nose, such as in the sinuses or at the base of the skull. These hemorrhages may be more difficult to control. However, nosebleeds are rarely life-threatening.
Although it should not be overlooked, this usually occurs when one of the blood vessels in the nose is broken, either by a blow or because the mucous membrane is too dry. It often affects children, although it is also common among the elderly since their blood takes longer to clot. While it almost always stops in a matter of minutes, it is good to consider some natural remedies that, in addition to controlling it, lubricate the area to accelerate its healing process.
What Generally You Should Do To Stop Nose Bleeding
Here, let’s check out what to do in order to stop a nosebleed.
- Sit Down – First, you need to sit down and go ahead to do firmly pinch the soft part of your nose, just right above your nostrils and you should do this at least 10-15 minutes
- Lean Forward and Take Breath – The next thing is that you need to lean forward and take breathe through your mouth instead of the nose. It helps to drain blood down your nose instead of down the back of your throat.
- Do Place An Ice Pack – The next thing you need to place an ice pack on your nose safely. Apart from it, you may also go with the option of placing a bag of frozen vegetables covered by a towel on the bridge of your nose so that it would not get so cold.
- You also need to make sure that you are going to stay upright, instead of lying down, as this plays a major role in order to reduce the blood pressure in the blood vessels of your nose as well as also restrain further bleeding
- The next thing we would like to clear is that if the bleeding gets stopped then you do not need to see a doctor. But in case if it does not, you must take an appointment with the doctor. They will see and examine you to go ahead with further treatment.
When To Seek Medical Advice
Now the point also comes in mind that when to head to the doctor. Here, we are going to emphasize this. Let’s check it out when to seek a medical advice.
- In case, if you are having blood-thinning medicine such as warfarin or any other clotting disorder like hemophilia and bleeding is not stopping, you need to seek emergency medical advice.
- If you are suffering from any other symptoms such as heart palpitations, shortness of breath and a pale complexion then you need to go to the doctor.
- If there is a child under two years of age having a nosebleed then you need to take him/her to the doctor.
- If you are suffering from a nosebleed which keeps coming and going regularly, you should not ignore this. You need to take him to the doctor.
- Do not circumvent the importance of heading to doctor if you are having bleeding issue longer than 20 minutes
- If you are having heavy bleeding and you have lost a lot of blood, you should go ahead to seek medical advice.
- If you are feeling uneasy and difficult to breathe, it would be right to head to the doctor and take proper treatment.
- You swallow a large amount of blood and it makes you vomit, you need to head to the doctor for further treatment.
- You also need to see a doctor if the nosebleed developed after a serious injury like an accident (car crash).
Prominent Causes of Nosebleed
In this section, we are going to cover the points indicating towards the causes of nose bleeding.
- It happens due to irritation occur because of various reasons such as allergies, colds, sneezing or sinus problems
- Very cold or dry air can also easily lead towards it and therefore you need to take yourself a lot during this season.
- Blow your nose very hard or pick your nose
- Nose injury, including a nose fracture or an object, stuck in the nose can also lead towards it
- Surgery of the paranasal sinuses or pituitary gland (transsphenoidal)
- Deviated partition is also called another reason for it.
- Chemical irritants including medications or aerosol or inhaled medications
- Abuse of decongestant nasal sprays is also counted among other reasons.
- Treatment with oxygen through nasal cannulas can also be another reason for this happening.
If you are having repetitive nosebleeds then you need to see the doctor as it can also be a symptom of another disease, such as high blood pressure, a bleeding disorder, or a tumor of the nose or sinuses. Anticoagulants, such as warfarin (Coumadin), clopidogrel (Plavix), or acetylsalicylic acid (aspirin) can cause or worsen a nosebleed.
If it happens to you very often, the most advisable thing is that you go to a doctor so that he can diagnose you correctly and so you stop suffering from these remedies so as not to spend hours in the bathroom scared because you cannot stop the bleeding. Make sure that you are not going to have medicine on your own as it can also lead towards other issues.
What About The Home Remedies
We want to share in detail 5 interesting options so that you do not hesitate to apply them when you suffer from this problem. Here, we are going to unearth some of the easy remedies so that you can get some help in this respect. Let’s check it out –
- Infusion Of Nettle – Nettle also has a favorable response when our nose is bleeding. The direct application of infusion of nettle in the nose can stop bleeding and, in turn, promote the healing of the injured blood vessel. This plant contains anti-inflammatory substances that, in this case, help to reduce the irritation of the mucous membranes. It also helps to balance the pressure of the blood vessels.
Ingredients – Let’s check out what ingredients you need here –
- 3 tablespoons of dry nettle (30 g)
- 1 cup of water (250 ml)
- Add the dry nettle in a cup of boiling water and let it rest for 10 minutes.
Mode of use
- Dip a piece of cotton in the liquid and apply it inside the bleeding nostril. Do it with patients without making any hassle. And also do take less stress.
- Let it act for 15 minutes and remove it.
- If you consider it necessary, repeat its use twice a day. It will surely bring relief to you in a great way.
- Infusion of horsetail – Because of its anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties, horsetail can promote the cauterization of the damaged cups in the nose. Its infusion is a natural remedy to stop bleeding and counteract the loss of lubrication in the pits.
Ingredients – Do check what ingredients you might need.
- 1 spoonful of horsetail (10 g)
- ½ cup of water (125 ml)
- Add the spoonful of horsetail in half a cup of boiling water and let it rest for 10 minutes.
- Strain the drink and apply it externally.
Mode of use
- This is quite easy to use. All you need to do is just go ahead to make a wash of the nasal passages with this infusion.
- Apple cider vinegar – Apple cider vinegar will help you repair the damaged blood vessel wall. Apple cider vinegar contains acidic substances that help prevent nasal infections, speeding recovery in case of superficial injuries. Its application seals the wall of the injured blood vessels and prevents the reappearance of bleeding.
- 3 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar (30 ml)
- 2 tablespoons of water (20 ml)
- Dilute apple cider vinegar in water, as it can only be a little aggressive.
Mode of use
- Moisten cotton with the product and apply it inside the nostril.
- Leave it on for 10 minutes and remove it. This method will surely help you in a great way to get rid of the issues.
- Infusion of mint – Mint also helps stop bleeding almost instantly. If the nosebleeds are caused by a difficulty in blood clotting, the consumption of mint infusion can help stop them. This natural beverage helps restore blood health, especially when it is altered by medications or nutritional deficiencies.
- 1 cup of water (250 ml)
- 1 tablespoon mint leaves (10 g)
- The way of preparing this solution is not tough but quite easier. All you need to do is boil a cup of water and, when it reaches a boil, add the mint leaves.
- Let it stir on Gas and wait until it gets reduced the heat and let the plant cook for 3 minutes.
- Then, let it stand at room temperature, 10 or 15 minutes more.
- Strain the infusion and take it warm.
- Consumption mode.
- As soon as you have a nosebleed, consume a cup of mint infusion.
- Repeat your intake 2 or 3 times a day, even if the symptom stops. This also works in a great way to make you keep safe from this nosebleed issue.
- Saline Solution – A wash with saline allows us to eliminate the blood particles that usually remain in the walls of the nose after suffering a hemorrhage. This treatment is important since it prevents the remains of blood from drying out and causing discomfort. This will prevent dryness and control bleeding. The Saline Solution will increase the moisture in your nostrils and help stop the bleeding much quicker.
- 1 teaspoon of salt (5 g)
- 1 cup of water (250 ml)
- Let’s check it out the way of preparation. You need to do is go ahead to heat a cup of water and, without letting it boil, dissolve the teaspoon of salt.
- Check that the temperature is suitable for use and pour the liquid into a syringe.
- Application mode
- Insert the solution into the nostrils with the help of the syringe.
- Wipe the remains with a soft cloth.
- Try to prepare any of these natural remedies when you have this annoying symptom.
Of course, if it occurs recurrently, immediately consults the doctor. Keep in mind that, although it is almost never serious, in small cases it could be a warning of a blood disorder.
What Food You Should Have?
- Vitamin K – You need to enhance the intake of Vitamin K to your diet. You need to add various types of foods to your diet such as
All these food are good to have because of having formative of collagen since it plays a major role to create a moist lining inside your nose. Vitamin K is quite helpful to keep the blood vessel in good and healthy condition so that they would easily be prevented from rupturing easily. The best thing is that long-term cure can be achieved going with fruits having Vitamin K.
- Vitamin C – And Vitamin C is next on the list. You should also add Vitamin C food to your diet. If you keep having vitamin c food to your diet, it plays a major role to make the blood vessels stronger in a great way. Moreover, this also plays a major role to make your nose less vulnerable to rupture and cause a nosebleed.
- Apple Cider Vinegar – This is another excellent home based remedy called Apple Cider Vinegar. Saying would not wrong that this is a kind of best home remedy. Acid helps in the vinegar plays a major role to constrict the blood vessels which helps to stop bleeding. All you need to do is just go ahead to dip a cotton ball in the vinegar and do place it on the affected nostril for the next five to 10 minutes. This remedy will surely help you to get rid of the nose bleeding issue.
- Saline water – The next you can go with is Saline Water. It takes the dryness of nasal away and makes you at peace. It means you do not have to worry about this issue during winter or summer. This plays a major role to soothe as well as moisturize the nasal membranes with saline water. All you need to do is just take a bowl and do add some water to it and stir it well. The next thing you need to do is just put a few drops of these solutions in your nose so that it will make the inner lining of the nasal passages moisten.
- Cayenne pepper – Cayenne also has emerged as a great option since it plays a major role to stimulant as well as regulates the pressure of the blood flow. It means you will get rid of the heavy pressure from the hemorrhaging area and it will make you at peace. What you need to do is just take a teaspoon of cayenne powder and do mix it in warm water. And Keep having it as soon as the bleeding starts. It is quite helpful with respect to stopping bleed immediately.
Apart from it, you should also need to emphasize your water-related intake. You need to have a lot of water so that your body will remain hydrate enough.
Do not forget to share your views with us on this topic. We love hearing from your side. We want all our readers to stay happy and healthy and that is the motto behind covering such health based topics.
Stay Connected With Jiyo Pal Pal…
Have A Happy and Fit Life …