Saying would not be wrong that Chail is considered a Himalayan hamlet. It is a popular getaway adjacent Shimla. There was a time, when it was regarded as the summer capital in the rule of Maharaja Bhupender Singh. It is place which is surrounded by beautiful lush greenery. Not only this, but Chail holds world’s highest cricket pitch as well as polo ground. Chail – Himachal Pradesh
Chail – Himachal Pradesh
Apart from it, there is a small wildlife sanctuary which is quite good to make a stroll. Being a favourite picnic spot, families all around the world love to come here in order to spend quality time. Whether you want to horse riding, walking or trekking, everything is available here to add more fun to your journey. After knowing all these, who will not love to go for Chail? Chail – Himachal Pradesh
THE BEST PLACES WHICH YOU MUST VISIT
- Palace Hotel: – If you love to peep in the history, come here. The Palace Hotel is wonderfully carved out. For the people, who always look into the history as well as never wish to miss the beautiful architecture, Palace Hotel is perfect to visit. Chail – Himachal Pradesh
- Cricket Ground: – There was a time when Chail was considered summer capital in the rule of Maharaja Bhupender Singh. You may wonder that Maharaja Bhupender Singh holds great interest in Cricket too. He was known as a cricket enthusiast. Since he was passionate about cricket, he built a cricket ground which is known as the highest cricket ground in the world. If you are visiting Chail, do not forget to add it in your journey. This cricket ground made Chail proud a lot. Chail – Himachal Pradesh
- Sidh Baba Ka Mandir– For the people having great firm in God, Sidh Baba Ka Mandir is perfect destination to head. This beautiful temple was also made by Maharaja Bhupender Singh. Actually, the saint came in his dream. He got inspiration from there and decided to establish a temple which is known as a place of meditation. Chail – Himachal Pradesh
- Chail Wildlife Sanctuary: – It is another in this list made people crazy to make a stroll at this lovely place. This sanctuary was declared in the year of 1976 as a wildlife sanctuary. There are a number of species of birds and animal to leave the wildlife lover speechless. If you love bird-watching, do not forget to head Chail Wildlife Sanctuary. It will add great value to your journey and will make it unforgettable. Chail – Himachal Pradesh
- Kali Temple – During your visit, do not forget to take the blessing of Goddess Kali. This another temple quite popular among the devotees. Not only this, but this temple is also known for serving picturesque scenes. If you love trekking, head this place. Chail – Himachal Pradesh
- Gurudwara Sahib – Chail is blessed with many religious places and Gurudwara Sahib is one of them. This Gurudwara was also established by the Maharaja of Patiala. It is decorated with lush greenery which make this place more beautiful. Skipping this Gurudwara will not be considered fair. To make your Chail journey accomplished, make a stroll at Gurudwara Sahib. Chail – Himachal Pradesh
- The Himalayan Nature Park, Kufri – Who will say no to this place. It is widely known as a wonderful tourist spot. Tourists come here all around the world. It is a place which pampers a wide array of endangered and rare species of flora and fauna. To slip in the wonderful aura of nature, one should not skip this Park to make a stroll. Chail – Himachal Pradesh
- Sadhupul lake: – For the nature lover people, it is a great place to step in. Here, you will come across the peaceful nature. Chail – Himachal Pradesh
MUST VISIT PLACE ADJACENT TO CHAIL
- Kasauli – This is another hill station which lures the visitors to come and visit it. It is surrounded by the chir-pine forest and Himalayan oak. Chail – Himachal Pradesh
- Shimla – To explore marvellous beauty of nature, Shimla is the perfect destination. Chail – Himachal Pradesh
- Salon – It is known as the major producer of Mushroom in the city. Here, you may visit various place including Shoolini Mata Temple and Tibetan monastery. Chail – Himachal Pradesh
FAIR / FESTIVALS IN CHAIL
- Bhoj Fair: It is a three day festival which is organized in the month of November. Bhoj Fair belongs to Bansor Devta. In Chail, it is celebrated on a large scale. Chail – Himachal Pradesh
- Sipi Fair: This fair is organised a place known as Siphur. Since it is celebrated in the honour of Sip Devta, t got its name Sipi. It is organized in the month of May and the great thing is that people come here all around the world not only in India. Chail – Himachal Pradesh
- Bissu/Bisha: It is also called Baisakhi. This festival is celebrated in the month of April as it belong to the beginning of harvest season. This festival is quite popular and celebrated on a large scale in Chail. Visitors also take part in it to enjoy it. Chail – Himachal Pradesh
- Shimla Summer Festival: In the month of May, this event is organized. Shimla Summer Festival is one of the most sought after among who always love to get along with the colourful and vibrant festival.
THINGS TO DO IN CHAIL
- Shopping: – Without shopping, your visit will not be considered complete. There is a number of shopping centres here. For the shopaholics, it is just as same as paradise. Here, you may buy wonderful things to gift your loved one. Chail – Himachal Pradesh
- Horse Riding: – In history, it was considered one of the very popular hobby of the royal families. To feel the wonderful experience which cannot be described in words, you may go along with Horse Riding.
- Best places to eat in Chail – if you are exploring Chail then how it would be considered complete without having delicious food. Here, there is a number of local dhabas to serve you in a great manner. These dhabas are always loaded with a number of popular foods which will leave you speechless. Chail – Himachal Pradesh
WHAT IS THE BEST TIME TO VISIT CHAIL
Though one can visit this place throughout the year as the weather remains pleasurable and outstanding. But even then the best time to visit Chail can be divided into two categories, in between the month of April to June and September to October. During these months, the temperature remains pleasant as a minimum temperature stay on 26 degrees and maximum temperature does not go out of 39 degrees. So, if you are looking for the best, here it is. Now, it is easy to schedule a visit to your favourite place called Chail. Chail – Himachal Pradesh
HOW TO REACH CHAIL
- BY AIR – One can reach here using this mode and the nearest airport is Jabarhatti which is 72 kilometres away. Apart from it, Chandigarh airport is 113 km away. Chail – Himachal Pradesh
- BY TRAIN – Kalka railhead is well connected to other major cities.
- BY BUS – You can also reach here by bus. Tourist buses are also available from other major cities.