Though Gokarna is a small as well as remote holy town but it rules over a number of hearts not only local visitors but globally as well. It is a perfect place to head whether you are a devotee or fun seeker. Let’s know more about this wonderful place. Gokarna karnataka
What Is The Location Of Gokarna karnataka
It is situated in the state of Karnataka which is away on hour south of the Goa border. Gokarna is approximately 450 kilometre away from Bangalore. Gokarna karnataka
Places To Visit In Gokarna
- Maha Ganapati Temple – This temple is dedicated to Lord Ganesha, which is adjacent to Mahabaleshwar temple. It is very popular among the devotees. If you are going to visit this place then you must not forget this place. Gokarna karnataka
- Bhadrakali Temple – This temple is dedicated to the Goddess Uma. It is very popular and respectable among the Gokarna. So, what are you waiting for? If you are going to visit this place then you must not skip this temple. Gokarna karnataka
- Half Moon Beach – The name of beach is quite interesting. Though it is smaller and less popular beach but it is pretty much beautiful beach. And yes!!! You must not skip this beach as it is enough to jazz up your mood.
- Paradise Beach – If you wish to access the most beautiful beach then nothing can be greater than Gokarna. And in this list the name of Paradise beach is also mentioned. As the name already depicts that it make you experience as you have landed at the paradise. To reach here, you need to take help of boating. Apart from it, it is also required to mention that there is no water sport to play. Gokarna karnataka
- Kumta -I t is coastal town near Gokarna which is widely popular among temples and beaches.
- Om Beach – Have you ever seen a beach having shape of auspicious symbol OM? Of course, you did not see. Well!!! Today we are going to share about it. It is widely famous for having naturally shaped like the auspicious symbol OM. It is the major reason that it attracts a number of visitors all around the world.
- Kudle Beach – If you come here then you must go to visit Kudle Beach. It is widely known among the tourists as the famous spot. It is situated 20 minutes away from Gokarna. Here, one can enjoy a number of things. Making a stroll at this sandy beach is one of the best ways to get rid of tension and frustrations. Since it is surrounded by palm trees, it also lifts up its beauty.
- Mahabaleshwar Temple – This temple is widely known among the people having true inclination towards Lord Shiva. Mahabaleshwar temple is dedicated to Lord Shiva and also known as Atmalinga. Every year a number of devotees reach here to get blessed with the grace of lord Shiva. On the auspicious day of Shivratri, huge crowd can be found here.
- Gokarna Beach – This beautiful beach is adjacent to Mahabaleshwar temple. Every year, people all around the world reach here to have a wonderful experience. Devotees who come here to visit Mahabaleshwar temple, never forget to visit this beach as well. Gokarna karnataka
- Yaana – Omg…It is a perfect place to head for hikers and trekkers. If you wish add more adventure to your life, then head to this place. This wonderful place is midst of the thick woods of the Western Ghats.
- Koti Tirtha – It is a man-made tank which is considered very sacred. It is used for immersing idols and taking bath to get pure. It is surrounded by temples on all sides which add glam to it. Gokarna karnataka
Things To Do
- City Shopping – Here, you can go for shopping of various things like religious trinkets, incense and cheap clothes. Apart from it, you may also buy some other kind of wonderful thing which you may give to your friends or closed ones. Gokarna karnataka
- Strolling At Beach – Gokarna is widely known as it is blessed with beaches. People come here to get chill and soak up the sun. It is one of the most sacred holy towns for Hindu. Visitors come here all around the world to visit temples to get blessed with the grace of God and Goddess. Gokarna karnataka
Where To Stay
This town holds plenty of hotels that means you do not have need to go through any kinds of hassles. You may book it in advance through online booking. A number of webportal are serving this kind of services. Gokarna karnataka
What About Nightlife Of Gokarna
Though this place is sacred but even then it does not let the new age people get bored. Here, you can enjoy various things like Bonfires, Guitar, Singing and Drums as they are familiar parts of Gokarna’s nightlife. Well!!! It is required to mention that alcohol is banned respecting its religious value. Gokarna karnataka
What Is All About The Best Time
One may reach here in any month as the best time goes on throughout the year. It means you do not have need take holiday to make plan in a particular month as you can go whenever you want. But even then if wish to know the particular month best to explore Gokarna start from October until March. Gokarna karnataka
How Much Time
It takes 2-3 days to visit Gokarna. If you are thinking to visit in a day as you have less time then you may have to miss various things. Gokarna karnataka
How To Reach Gokarna
Let’s know how to reach Gokarna. Well!!! One can reach here by all the three modes By Air, By Train and By Road.
- By Air – Gokarna does not hold its own airport. Dabolim airport is the nearest airport which located 140 km away. It is well connected not only Indian and international cities. One can take taxi service out of the airport.
- By Train – Ankola is the name of the nearest railway station which is located 20 km away from Gokarna. Here, one can take various trains as it is well connected to major cities of the country like Mumbai, Mangalore, and Thiruvanthapuram etc. You can hire taxi out of railway station to reach desired place.
- By Road – Gokarna is well connected by road to major cities of the country like Bengaluru, Hubli, and Mangalore etc. One can reach to desired place.