When it comes to refresh the mood, nothing can be greater than exploring a lovely place. If you are also looking for a lovely place, Kalimpong would be perfect to choose. This amazing place is loaded with a number of famous monasteries having Tibetan architecture, rare scripture, mesmerizing view points, Kanchenjunga snow peaks, museums, parks and the list goes on.Kalimpong – West Bengal
Kalimpong – West Bengal
If you are looking for a place which holds a number of places to explore, book your tickets to Kalimpong. Here, we are going to explore a lot about this marvellous place. Let’s have a look. Kalimpong – West Bengal
The Best Places To Visit In Kalimpong
- Gauripur House – Actually it belongs to the world famous Indian poet Rabindranath Tagore. Now, it has been transformed into a co-operative training institute. If you have an interest towards history and Indian literature, you must make a stroll to Gauripur House. It will add great experience to your journey.
- Flower Nurseries – yes!!! There are a number of nurseries having a mind-blowing array of beautiful and breath-taking flowers. Here, you must explore various nursery like Brindaban Garden Nursery, Ganesh Mani Pradhan Nursery, L.B. Pradhan Nursery, Pinewood Nursery, Standard Nursery, Shangrila Garden Nursery, Twin Brothers Nursery and Universal Nursery. Do you these flower nurseries are widely famous for eye-catching flowers like Amaryllis, Lilies, Anthuriums, Roses, Gerbera, dahlias, gladiolas as well as Orchids and Cacti. Kalimpong – West Bengal
- Lava – No…this Lava is all about the mobile phone. Actually, it is situated about 32 kms away from Kalimpong. It is an ideal place to get a panoramic view of Jelep La and Rechi La passes from an altitude of 7200 ft. it is surrounded by the lush greenery. If you wish to give a great treat to your eyes, you must choose this place. Kalimpong – West Bengal
- Lolay Gaon – Who would not love to go a place from where it can be seen the sunrise. Yes!!! For seeing an amazing sunrise view, you must head to Lolay Gaon. This place is approximately 56 kms away from Kalimpong. You must go here if wish to add some memorable moments to your journey. Kalimpong – West Bengal
- Durpin Dhara – It adds weight o Kalimpong tourism. It is the highest point in Kalimpong which is widely popular for serving jaw-dropping view of the rolling plains and the might Teesta Zong Dog Palri Fo-Brang Monastery. So, if you are all set to make entry at this place. Kalimpong – West Bengal
- Dr. Graham’s Homes – You may not have seen this kind of home ever. It is a sort of an amazing educational institute. It has 700 boys and girls presently. This home covers 500 acres and poultry, bakery and own dairy is run by it on its own. Kalimpong – West Bengal
- Thongsha Gumpha – You may not believe, but yes it was constructed in the year of 1630. And it the oldest monastery of this area. To get indulged with the mind-blowing experience, you should add Thongsha Gumpha in your list to visit. Kalimpong – West Bengal
- Pedong Monastery – this amazing monastery was built in 1837 and located 26 km away from Kalimpong. It is one of the old monasteries. If you have never seen any monastery before, you must visit this. Strolling this monastery will add a great spark to your journey. Kalimpong – West Bengal
- Jelepla View Point – if you wish to get a spectacular view of Jelepla Pass? You must head to Jelepla View Point as you can also see here Teesta, Relli and Reang. This beautiful point is maintained by the army.
- Pratima Tagore House – This house is blessesd with the nice garden and lovely view. The name of this house derives from the Pratima Tagore and it was built in 1943. This house is situated on Atisha road which is adjacent to the Pine View Nursery. Kalimpong – West Bengal
- Lord Buddha Statue – This statue is adjacent to Deolo. There is a statue of Lord Buddha which carry lotus position. It is a great place to click a pictures. Kalimpong – West Bengal
- Durga Mandir – This temple is dedicated to Goddess Durga adjacent to Sherpa View Point. There is a lovely garden decorated with the flowering plants. Though it is small but lovely too. Kalimpong – West Bengal
- Hanuman Temple – It is just next to Durga Mandir having huge statue of Lord Hanuman perched on the hill.
- Deolo Hill – It is located in the east Kalimpong. Here, you can see lovely flowers. Kalimpong – West Bengal
The Nearby Places
If you have made stroll all over the Kalimpong then you may spare some time to visit the nearby places like Lava, Loleygaon, Pedong, Rishyap, and Virgin Villages and so on. These are some of the best known places.
Things To Do In Kalimpong
- You must go for rural Sikkim tour to make your journey memorable an unforgettable throughout the life.
- Paragliding is another thing which attract the visitors to make a visit here. Kalimpong – West Bengal
- Biking…who would say no to it? It is an adventure which lure the people crazy for the adventurous things to do.
The Best Time To Visit Kalimpong
This lovely place can be visit throughout the year as it weather remains cool throughout the year. You may go in summer, spring, Monsoon, autumn or winter as per your choice. The great thing is that you would not face any extreme in any season. Kalimpong – West Bengal
How To Reach
- By Air – The nearest airport is Bagdogra located in the vicinity of Siliguri. It is well connected to the major places like Delhi Guwahati and Kolkata. Regular flight service is available. Kalimpong – West Bengal
- By Train – the nearest railway station is New Jalpaiguri situated 70 Kms away from Kalimpong. This railway station is well connected to Kolkata and Delhi. Kalimpong – West Bengal
- By Bus – Siliguri is considered as the Gateway of Kalimpong and it conveniently connected to the major cities like Guwahati, Kolkata and Patna. And Good transportation will not let you down. Kalimpong – West Bengal
So, it is time to schedule a trip to Kalimpong. Pack your bag and head to this lovely place to jazz up your mood.
And yes!!! After coming from there, do not forget to share your feedback with us. We have been waiting here eagerly to know. It would be nice to know as well as beneficial for others too. Kalimpong – West Bengal
Keep Following Jiyo Pal Pal On Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus etc.
Stay In Touch…
Have a Happy Reading….