What is the Secret of Balancing Personal and Professional Responsibilities?
“If I am happy at home, I come into the office with tremendous energy. And if I am happy at work, I come home with tremendous energy. It actually is a circle; it’s not a balance.”
Secret of Balancing Personal and Professional Responsibilities
Have you ever read these above mentioned important lines? How many of you agree to this? Well !!! this quotation is so precious and need to understand…This is true if you are happy at home, you would be quite productive at work. And you are happy at work…you will have a great time at home…And this is a circle which you need to maintain. This is our today’s topic going to be covered. Secret of Balancing Personal and Professional Responsibilities
You might have seen many people saying that it is seriously too tough to maintain a balance between personal and professional responsibilities. Does it gravely that way much tough? Have you ever gone through the same issues? Do you also wish to have some guidance in this respect? You have landed on the right platform. Here, we are going to emphasize on this topic. Let’s check it out in a discreet manner.
What Studies Say About
In a recent survey, it is found that more than 94% of working professionals are working close to 50 hours in a week and about half of these are working nearly close to 65 hours in a week. Technologies like laptops, email, smartphones etc. make workers available 24×7. Increase in completion due to overpopulation, fear or losing job making workers work beyond their limits. Secret of Balancing Personal and Professional Responsibilities
And all the circumstances lead to an imbalance in personal and professional responsibilities. Balancing personal and professional responsibilities seems to be quite difficult these days. The pressure and stress from the professional front damaging mental health, physical health, relationships and overall well-being of a person.
That’s why it is very important in the productivity-driven society to counter all the stress and pressure for health and happy life. It may sound difficult to you at first but by making a serious commitment you can achieve whatever you want. Secret of Balancing Personal and Professional Responsibilities
Best Tips To Do Balance Personal and Professional Responsibilities
Many people struggle at first to balance their life, but with time and proper techniques they can achieve the peace of mind and you can also do the same. So, without further ado, here are secret that will help you to balance your personal and professional responsibilities.
- Set your boundaries: You should always know the amount of time you want to devote to your professional side as well as on the personal side. Make sure to make it real as much as possible so you can easily apply in your real life scenario. Secret of Balancing Personal and Professional Responsibilities
- Value Personal Life – Yes!!! you need to believe in this thing that you need to value your personal life. There are so many people who take the relationship for granted while concentrating on their jobs. It is being advised here that you should not take your relationship granted as sometimes things get worse and become tough to handle. Do make sure that you are having enough time to spend with your family and friends. It is being also mentioned here that there is nothing better investment in a relationship as it encourages you. This is the simple thing that you need to keep in mind. Saying would not wrong that if you are having a good environment at home, this also increases your productivity. Secret of Balancing Personal and Professional Responsibilities
- Spare Some Time For Your – Keep sparing time for you since it helps you in a great way to think creatively and happily. You need to make sure to have time for you. all you need to do is taking out time for yourself at least twice in a week. Pamper your self in a way you love, whether it is about heading to a spa or reading a good book. Apart from it, you may also go aha had to talk to your family The more you share with your family, the more you get happier. Yes!!! when you spare time for yourself, you may also consider this point as well.
- Do Take Care Of Your Health– What you need to do take care of health. Yes!!! you need to understand that health is wealth. If you are happy and fit, you can do a lot of things in your life. An ill person cannot do anything. This is why if you wish to maintain balance in a great way, you need to understand that how it is important to stay fit and healthy. You may join a gym or can go ahead saying yes to yoga or gym. Moreover, you can also consider motivational videos to encourage yourself.
- Eat healthily and don’t skip meals – It does not matter how busy you are. All you need to do is go with healthy food and do not skip your meal ever. Healthy food is a like a fuel for your body and that is why it is too essential to have a healthy and fresh meal. Whenever you head to your work, carry healthy and yours’ favourite thing in your lunch. Do not go with one lunch box but go with small tiffins so that you would be able to eat whenever you want. You make chocolate and pastry or sweets whatever you are crazy for. this is true that having the favourite thing makes you happier as well as it makes you able to get rid of stress. By having your favourite food during work can make you get filled with great energy. Your creativity as well as decision making power get stronger. You do feel refresh so that is why always do carry your favourite food. This is going to help you a lot in this regard. Secret of Balancing Personal and Professional Responsibilities
- Be open about your needs: A lot of time we avoid our need which eventually leads us to dissatisfaction in life. We all have to understand one thing no one can know what going inside us, by just looking at our face. At work or home, we have to spoke up about our need. A proper communication is very important in this case, you have to develop your communication skill to express yourself and your needs. Want to leave work at 5 p.m. for the dinner with family? Can’t handle the extreme workload? Just let the management to know all your problems. Workers need to have an open dialogue with the employer regarding their work limit, timing, working hours etc. on the other hand employer also have to understand the limits of their workers. Different works need different work approaches, but everyone can balance their work all you need is to have an open and honest conversation. Secret of Balancing Personal and Professional Responsibilities
- Switch it off: Technology makes it possible to stay connected with work 24×7. We check our mobile at night before going to bed and also as soon as we wake up. Due to continuous in touch with work we also handle its stress leave the stress of the work at your workplace. Every piece of technology has an off button, so for it. But for most the people in this world, this is the hardest thing to do. But if you want to maintain your peace of mind you really need to switch off that thing and then you realize what you are missing in your life. Don’t bring smartphone while taking supper. During family time or on vacation make sure your gadget doesn’t disturb you mentally and your communication with your family. If possible avoid all gadget and enjoy your time. It might be difficult at first but with time you will definitely become used to it.
- Listen to peoples: Listening to people’s thoughts about your is the best way you can understand more about yourself. Sometimes it may be difficult to hear criticism from close friends or co-workers, but it is very important that you take those word very gently and understand the reasons for that criticism. Do not take people’s comments or feedback in a wrong way. Do understand what is the purpose of saying. Take your time but do not jump on conclusion so fast. If you can understand whats wrong they found, you can improve yourself by working on it. It is essential to find what things you can improve on yourself to raise the quality of relationship you have with peoples around you. And that overall lead you to great path of success in personal and professional life. Secret of Balancing Personal and Professional Responsibilities
- Learn to say ‘NO‘ – There would be many of you who keep having work just to make having some extra income. Though it is good to some extent, it should not go in that way much. Yes!!! you need to understand the value of your work-item and its cost. Go with your work priority. If you are not finding the given work enough interesting. You need to understand that what kind of project can be quite beneficial for your career and what cannot. Being a bit choosy can take a lot of stress away from your life. So be a bit choosy when it comes to taking a decision about the project.
Why it need to understand the values of Work-Life balance?
We all are running so busy with our lives and sometimes we do forget what is necessary for us and what not. Before following all those tips mentioned above, it requires understanding the value of work-life balance and this factor cannot be ignored at any rate. It requires that you should always join your company/or should prefer working under the seniors who also respect your work-life balance. In case, you have to work 12 hours a day, you should need to share your plan with your manager every week. It will help you a lot to get over the extra work hours. Here, you can make a decision that if you are ok with the team and senior then go ahead otherwise you should put efforts to find a better one. Secret of Balancing Personal and Professional Responsibilities
- Critical Projects – Have you been assigned for a critical project by your team or company? Are you having so much stress regarding that? Your project might have some aggressive deadlines and you might have to give some more time to get it done. Well!!! We would like to mention that it is “okay” in case if you are having crucial projects for a short period like 1 or 2 months. But it is being constantly happened with you, and then you need to think twice before saying “yes” to this kind of project. No one can handle that way much stress throughout the month and it seriously can make things really very tough. You have to evaluate if the management is taking right decision or not. If it is fair with you or not. Saying would not wrong that each individual is important for leadership-team/management. In case, if you concur that some of the decisions made by team or company are not correct, you should convey your concerns to management in a positive way. YES!!! You should since some of management-team is mature enough to accept their mistakes and think twice over there decision to create a healthy working atmosphere. In case, if management does not agree to your decision or point of view. It requires to search other company since nothing is more dangerous than working with an immature company or management. Chances are high that they might not get your point in future as well. Secret of Balancing Personal and Professional Responsibilities
- Schedule your works properly – This is very much important for most of us to understand that how it is important to schedule the work in a proper way. If you do not schedule your work properly, you may not be able to manage in given time and things would turn worse. It requires going ahead for proper scheduling since this can only save your time effectively. Saving time means earning time. You can use that time to somewhere else.
- Don’t involve too much – This is the next thing you need to keep in your mind. You also need to learn the way that how to balance your involvement. Your life is not going to be great in case if you are involved too much in either side. Before getting indulged in any project, you need to understand that how much you have to put in that. How long is the project going to run? If you are having skills to manage your involvement, you would not confront any issues later on.
- Learn to get accept failures – Failures come in everyone’s life and you do not need to get confused understanding their values at all. You need to understand that what you can learn from your failure and how you can carve out a successful way towards your success. Once you get mastered in understanding the value of your failures, they would not remain only failures to you but more than it. According to experts, failures actually let us know that how mature we are. So, do not avoid your failures but go with them. It is true that successful people know the art of balancing their professional and personal life in a great way and that is why they do get noticed easily. Secret of Balancing Personal and Professional Responsibilities
What More You Can Do
You can set some important rules. In the starting, you may have some issues with them but later you will find them long-term beneficial points.
- Make sure that you are not taking work for the weekends. Though in emergency cases you can go ahead, otherwise do ignore them. Just keep your weekend time for your family.
- Have you ever thought that some usual habits can help you a lot? For example, you should get some time out for doing general things like reading, writing, walking and teaching regularly. Yes!!! They are quite helpful in order to make you at peace in a great way. Reading makes enough creative and writing encourage you to think in a creative way. Yes!!! You should also take time out of walking and teaching on regular basis. Teaching helps you to get master of the topic.
- You also need to make sure that you are not going disturbed you’re senior on weekend. Do not make them call on weekends until it is urgent. This understanding also makes your office person know that you do believe in some important ethics and they can have some more trust in you.
- Make sure that you are having time for your loved ones and having time with them. Keep one thing in your mind that your employees, colleagues and employers would not be with you but only your family with you always. Spare time for them and do share your quality time with them.
That all the tips you can use in your daily life in order to balance your personal and professional responsibilities. So, what are you waiting for? Do follow the above-mentioned best tips to come up with the best results.
Do not forget to share your feedback and views with us. We are here waiting for you. Stay connected with Jiyo Pal Pal…
Have a happy reading…