Azhar :- Film Could Be Great, If Miss-Fielding Does Not Happen
The most awaited movie based on Indian Cricketer Mohammad Azharuddin hit the floor on this Friday. Here, this movie is being scrutinized with the magnify glass of Jiyo Pal Pal to churn out what is good and bad in this movie .Azhar – Movie review
Star Cast & Direction
- Azhar comes along with Emraan Hashmi, Prachi Desai, Gautam Gulati, Kunaal Roy Kapoor, Nargis Fakiri and Lara Dutta who are playing prominent roles.
- It is directed by Tony D’Souza.
Story of This Movie
Azhar holds a keen interest in playing cricket as his Naanajaan always encourages him to become a great cricketer. His Naanajaan wish to see him playing 100 test matches for team India. Later, Azhar becomes a talented batsman. After this, Azhar’s family decides to tie him in knots with Naureen Prachi Desai. His career is at the peak and during a tour to London he comes across to Sangeeta Bijlani. Later he gets engaged with a bookie and a lot of problems enter into his life. What happens next, you need to go for watching this movie.
Star Performance – Some Got Chance To Impress While Others Performance Went In Vain
- Emraan Hashmi: – In this movie, he is playing the character of Azhar and looks best in his role. He does not leave any stone unturned to make you feel that he is the real Azhar. To get into the skin of his role, he did a lot of work right from playing cricket to scheduling meeting with Azhar.
- Prachi Desai: – Let’s come over Prachi Desai who did well in comparison of Nargis Fakiri. Though she does not have much screen-time but even then she got success to fetch attention.
- Nargish Fakhiri:- Being a second wife of Azhar in this film, Nargish did not get too much to do on the screen. Needless to say she has a great need to work on her acting skill to make it sharp as much as she can.
- Lara Dutta:- If it is talked about Lara Dutta, she hardly impresses the audience being a lawyer of Azhar in this movie.
- Kunal Roy Kapur:- No doubt, he did well in Azhar as Reddy.
What Is All About Direction & Music
This film is directed by Tony D’Souza and he needs to work a lot over his direction. Instead of biopic, this movie seems as a newly launched serial. It does not impress too much. He loses his focus at many points. Sometimes audience gets confused if he is seeing a biopic of Azhar or it is all about recreated India-Pakistan or Jubilee cup. There are many things which have been missed in the movie and one of prominent is crowd-cheering. Can you imagine a better cricketer at ground without having crowd-cheering? Court room does not seem to the same era of Azharuddin. There is too much hotchpotch and if they were be honed then film could be great.
Music of this movie, no doubt ruled over the heart of the audience. There are many songs of Azhar like Oye-Oye, Patta-Patta, Mujhe Tumse Pyar Hain….
If There Is Any Complain To Azhar
- This film is fail to capture either personality or the spirit of the game.
- A wide array of points have not caught which can turn this movie into a great movie.
- Genre – Drama
- Star Cast – Emraan Hashmi, Prachi Desai, Nargis Fakhri, Lara Dutta, Gautam Gulati, Kunal Roy Kapur, Karanvir Sharma and Manjot Singh
- Director – Tony D’Souza
- Rating – 3/5
You may also like