Needless to say that Rajasthan is the state of colours and kings. But Bharatpur is the city which adds more weight to the beauty of Rajasthan. This beautiful city is located at the eastern border of this state. Having royal past, vibrant & rich culture, scenic beauty and cultural heritage carve out a way which turns this place into an enthusiastic and vibrant city. Bharatpur is accessed by a number a people every year. Being a place of beautiful sunrise and sunset, it gets pampered by the visitors not only in India but all around the world. Here, we are going to shade some light on essential information which can be very beneficial for you if plan to visit this place.
GLORIFY HISTORY OF BHARATPUR
In 1733 AD, this beautiful city was built by Maharaja Suraj Mal. If you wish to get steep in stories revolve around the past, you must head to Bharatput to explore various forts made in the 18th century like Lohagarh Fort, the Bharatpur Fort and the Dholpur Fort. Maharaja Suraj Mal is known for his incredible stamina, immense courage and will power. Due to having these traits, he got success to win a number of battles.
MAJOR TOURIST ATTRACTION IN CITY
This section holds a wide array of tourist attraction, which you must add in your list before visiting Bharatpur.
- BHARATPUR GOVERNMENT MUSEUM – Visiting this Museum is right to get slip in the aura where you can be able to please your eyes by seeing some of the most incredible resources of Bharatpur. It situated within the premises of Lohagarh fort which holds numerous archaic souvenirs and sculpture.
- LOHAGARH FORT – Lohagrah Fort is another fort play a vital role to extend the recognition of Bharatpur. It was in the 18th century and iron had been used to make the structure of this fort. It covers a wide area having 3 places namely the Mahal Khas, the Kishori Mahal and the Kothi Mahal. The beautiful walls having sophisticated and intricate designing and exquisitely furnished may leave you speechless.
- BHARATPUR BIRD SANCTUARY – When it comes to explore wild life closely, Bharatpur Bird Sanctuary emerges at first. It’s also known as Keoladeo Ghana National Park. A plethora of migratory, local and water birds can be found here very easily. As per sources, it holds more than 400 species of aquatic birds. Keoladeo Ghana National Park does not wish to leave any stone unturned to entertain the visitors and that’s why boating and service of cycle rickshaw is also available which will not let you tired even you wish to roam around the entire park.
- GANGA MANDIR IN BHARATPUR – Ganga Mandir associates to the deity of Ganga Maharaj. It grabs wide attention due to have outstanding architecture.
- LAXMI VILAS PALACE – Do you wish to experience a royal lifestyle for some moments? Laxmi Vilas Palace is exactly known to make you indulge in the aura of royal lifestyle. And therefore this palace is now transmitted into a hotel. Tourist can stay here in order to go along with the royal lifestyle.
THINGS TO DO
This column encompasses all the things which you must not skip during your visit to Bharatpur.
- Are you all set to get embark on the journey of adventure? If yes!!! Then choose boating. Bharatpur Bird Sanctuary has been created around and artificial lake which not only fetches a wide attention of tourists but birds too. Boating in this artificial lake will not let you feel if it’s artificial or natural lake.
- Don’t forget to get indulging in Bird Watching and the best place to get enthralled with this experience is Keoladeo Ghana National Park. This bird sanctuary holds more than 375 species of birds to jazz up your mood. But first you have to decide that if you want to see migrate birds or resident breeding birds? Schedule you plan between August to November in order to see resident breeding birds and choose October to February to watch migrant birds.
FESTIVALS AND FAIRS
- Brij Festival is one of the prominent festival of Bharatpur which catch a wide attention of the visitors. In this festival, a number of programmes like dance and singing is performed by villagers. This festival belongs to the eternal love story of Radha Krishan and it’s explored through dancing, singing and acting. All the contestants and performs look beautiful in colourful and adorable dresses. Brij Festival is celebrated every year from 2nd to 4th February.
- Gangaur Festival is another one of the famous festival celebrated with a great enthusiasm. In Bharatpur. As per the Hindu Calendar, it’s celebrated in the month of CHITRA. Gangaur revolves around the union of Lord Shiva and Parvati. On this day, women carve clay images of Shiva and Parvati and sing songs in praise of Shiv and Parvati. They carry earthen pot having lamp inside. Gangauar is quite famous among newly married women and unmarried women both. It’s followed by unmarried women in order to get a good husband.
BEST TIME TO VISIT
Though, Bharatpur is accessible for most time of the year but the best time to make a trip comes between October and March. During winter season, the weather remains pleasant and ideal for bird watching, sightseeing and outdoor activities. Avoid scheduling trip in summer between March to June since temperature remains between 37 °C and 45°C which is unbearable for outdoor activities, fun and sightseeing.
HOW TO REACH
- By Air – The nearest Airport is Kheria Airport, Agra and locates about 54 kms from Bharatpur. But regular flight service is not served major cities to Bharatpur. Kheria Airport has daily flights for Mumbai, Varansi, Lucknow and Delhi. Apart from Kheria Airport, Gwalior Airport is next in this list, which is situated 130 km away from Bharatpur.
- By Train – Bharatpur has its own junction which is known as Bharatpur Junction. It’s well connected to other major cities in India. Regular train is also available.
- By Bus – Bharatpur is well connected by road and regular buses can be accessed easily. Regular bus service is available to all major cities of India.