Mahabharat has always been popular not only in India but all across the world. Be it is Lord Krishna or Pandava, both taught many lessons to the whole world. If you are one of them who love this scripture and always wish to know more about it then Bhimtal is a right point to explore. Bhimtal the name of this place already explores that it belongs to BHIM one of the Pandava. Apart from exploring the glorious history, Bhimtal is quite eye-catching and great to make your mood, you must explore the whole blog to get loaded with essential information.
WHY TO VISIT BHIMTAL
If you are a nature lover and wish to spend time in its lap, then nothing can be more ideal rather than Bhimtal. It is surrounded by beautiful and amazing hills which are considered good for a walk. Apart from it, Bhimtal attracts the visitors for trekking and bird watching. If you have been looking a great place for honeymoon, then you must switch to Bhimtal in order to make it memorable throughout the life.
LET’S TURN THE PAGE AND CHECK OUT THE HISTORY OF BHIMTAL
Bhimtal got its name from Bhima belongs to Mahabharata. As per the mythology, Bhimeshwara MahaDev Temple dedicated to Lord Shiva was constructed when Bhima visited the place during the exile period. And the present temple was built in the 17th century by Baz Bahadur.
PLACES WHICH WILL MAKE YOUR JOURNEY MEMORABLE
There many places to explore. In this section, we are going to shed light over the magnificent places. Let’s have a look.
- Karkotaka Temple :- This marvellous temple is situated on the top of the hill. And it is very popular among the visitors. It gets a number of footfalls of pilgrims and visitors throughout the day. Karkotaka Temple belongs to serpent God Nag KarKotaka Maharaja. And pilgrims never miss to visit this temple during Rishi Panchami.
- Nal Damyanti:- In Bhimtal, Nal Damyanti is regarded as a very sacred place. Though it’s a small natural lake and situated 2 kms from Bhimtal but it has been catching wide attraction of visitor for a long time. As per the stories, the palace of famous King Nala got drowned in this water body.
- Bhimtal Lake :- It is the best place to have some great time with yourself as it is away from the screeching noise of the city. It is quite peaceful and there is not crowded. You may feel lucky to be here. Bhimtal lake is blessed with solitude, incredible beauty and tranquility. It is bigger than Naini Lake. And you must skip boating here.
- Bhimeshwara Mahadev Temple :- It is situated on the edge of Bhimtal Lake. This temple is an ancient temple which is dedicated to Lord Shiva. As per mythology, it has been existencing from the time when the Pandava visited it while on exile. It gets a number of footfalls because of its great identity.
- Hanuman Garhi :- The name of this temple is already depicting that is belong to Lord Hanuman. It is located at the height of 6401 ft. Hanuman Garhi is widely popular because of serving an incredible sight of the sunset over the Himalayas. And that’s why your visit would not be considered complete if you do not make a stroll at Hanuman Garhi.
- Victoria Dam :- Apart from Hanuman Garhi, it is Victoria Dam considered enthralling place. This Dam is situated on the bank of Bhimtal lake. To lure the visitors, there is the flower gardens.
- Aquarium on the Bhimtal Island:- You must go for seeing it. This outstanding island house has been created by the Nainital Lake Development Authority.
- Hidimba Parvat :- This beautiful hill got its name from the Hidimba, wife of Bhima. If you believe in mythology and wish to get oozed with an incredible experience, you must visit Hidimba Parvat.
- Folk Culture Museum:- In order to explore the culture and tradition, you must make an entry at Folk culture Museum. It’s also known as Lok Sanskriti Sangrahalaya.
THINGS TO DO IN BHIMTAL
Let’s check out what you should not miss at any rate. There are many things to do while visiting Bhimtal. This beautiful place is loaded with amazing shopping stores, food points and adventurous.
- It’s a Paradise for Shopping Lovers:- Being a shopping lover, Bhimtal is a shopping paradise. Here, you can get overwhelmed with the outstanding collection of Carpets, Wood Crafts, Jewelry, Garhwali Paintings, handmade candles, handicrafts items, paintings, shawls, statues and so on.
- What is all about Fun Lovers :- It’s a great place if you love boating and fishing. There are many lakes like Naukuchiatal Lake, Sattal Lake and Bhimtal Lake to pamper these hobbies
- Eating Out in Bhimtal :- For the food lovers, there is a wide array of dishes to taste. You must not forget to have Punjabi food at Moti Mahal.
FESTIVALS & EVENTS IN BHIMTAL
Hareli is one of the major harvest festivals of Bhimtal. It is celebrated every year in the month of July. To attend this festival, a number of people comes from all across the world. It’s a great event for the enthusiastic people.
BEST TIME TO VISIT BHIMTAL
The months between March to May and early winter are considered the best time to visit Bhimtal. during March, April and May are considered the three months hold the minimum temperature of around ten degrees and the maximum temperature of around twenty seven degrees. Visitors must avoid winter and the months like July, August or September as heavy rainfall can because of canceling your plan.
HOW TO REACH BHIMTAL
Bhimtal is accessible by all three modes, be it Air, Road or Train. Let’s have a look how you can reach here.
- BY AIR:- You may reach here by Air as the nearest Airport is Pantnagar, dehradun and New Delhi. Pantnagar Airport is situated 53 Km away while Dehradun and New Delhi is located 295 Kms and 300 Kms away.
- BY TRAIN:- it is well connected by Train to other cities. And nearest Railway Station is Kathgodam, Haldwani and Rudrapur.
- BY BUS:- Bhimtal is also accessible by bus.
You may also like