Dehradun has always been a favourite place among the visitors. And it’s such a great place to get refreshed. Here, we are going to explore about Dehradun. If you are scheduling your visit to Dehradun then you must go through the whole blog in order to get infused with essential information.
PLACE WHICH YOU MUST VISIT
- Shastradhara:- not only name but the place is also pretty much beautiful and eye-catching. The meaning of Shastradhara is ‘The Thousand Fold Spring’ and it is a popular tourist destination in Dehradun. Here, you can see the enormous beauty of waterfalls, caves and steppe farming lands. So, if you wish to get fresh and make you soul more peaceful then you must head to Shastradhara.
- Tiger falls : It’s situated at a height of 1400 meters above sea level and it’s a perfect place to click selfie. The dense forest will not let you bore for a second.
- Robber’s Cave:- It’s also known as Gucchupani and widely popular as a place which is used by the robbers to hide during the British Raj. And that’s why it is called the Robber’s Cave. There are two parts of this cave.
- Tapovan:- this place is sacred and situate on the banks of River Ganges. It belongs to Guru Dronacharya. You must come here to make a stroll and for having a great experience.
- Mindrolling monastery:- It was established in 1965, and it is one of the largest Buddhist learning centres in India. It’s a perfect place to explore the different culture.
- Rajaji National Park:- This unique national park covers the area belong to different three districts; Dehradun, Haridwar and Pauri Garhwal. Here, you can explore the wonderful wild life including various species of birds and fishes.
- Foresh Research Institute:- It was formed in 1906 and presently it holds a museum having six main sections. To increase knowledge, it’s good to visit.
5 TEMPLES WHICH YOU MUST VISIT
- JwalaJi Temple: – It situated at an altitude of 2104 mts above sea level. This temple is pretty much popular among the devotees as it belongs to Goddess Durga. This temple is surrounded by thick forest and perfect to take an outstanding look of Yamuna Valley and Doon Valley both at the same time.
- Bhadraj Temple: – It’s one of the renowned temples as it associate to the brother of Lord Krishna. And Chakrata ranges can be seen from here.
- Tapeshwar Temple:- It belongs to Lord Shiva and located 8 km from Dehradun.
- Rama Rai Darbar:- It was established by Guru Har Rai’s son. And presently, it is pretty much popular among the devotees. Every year many devotees come to take the blessings.
- Apart from the above mentioned, Santala Devi Temple and Jhandha Mohall are also famous among the visitors.
FAIR AND FESTIVAL OF DEHRADOON
- Jhanda Fair: – This unique fair belongs to Guru Ram Rai Darbar and organized every year on the fifth day after Holi. A number of devotees come to become the part of this fair.
- Tapkeshwar Mela:- The huge fair is organized on Shivratri as this mela associate to Lord Shiva. Those who staunchly believe in Lord Shiva come to offer their prayers.
- Laxman Sidhha Fair:- There are four Siddhpeeth in Dehradun and Laxman Siddha peeth is one of them. Being a prominent Siddhpeeth, it holds a great significance. This fair is organised every Sunday and a number of devotees attend to get blessed.
- Bissu Fair: – It’s another important festival of Dehradoon which is organised at the Jhanda Ground of Chakrat block of Dehradun district. This fair associate to cultural heritage and tradition of Jaunsari tribe.
- Mahasu Devta’s Fair:- It is organised every year in August at Hanol situated 120 km on the Chakrata Tyuni. This fair belong to deity Mahasu Devta. During this fair, a three day musical prayer is organised.
- Neelkanth Mahadev Fair:- It is celebrated at the temple of NeelKhanth Mahadev. It is widely known and considered as much important for the pilgrims. This festival is organized every year in the month of July and August.
THINGS YOU MUST TO DO IN DEHRADOON
Though there is a wide range of places to explore in Dehradoon, but what about the things which you must not skip at the time of visiting DehraDoon. Take a look.
- Shopping in Dehradun to make the journey memorable: – Dehradoon is also famous for shopping. And when it comes to do shopping in Dehradun, the name of Clock Tower emerges first in the mind. There is Paltan Bazzar which is widely famous among the visitors.
- To have a lot of fun:- For fun loving people, Dehradoon welcomes you. And Trekking is one of the most sought after adventure liked by a number of people. So, don’t forget to enjoy it.
- Do not skip to make a stroll at nearby Places in Dehradun:- if you wish to nearby places in Dehradun then you may head towards Badrinath (314 kms), Auli (approximately 273 km) and Chakrata (98 kms) from here.
- The taste which you will never forget:- Those who love to taste different types of delicious foods must head to the hotels. Though there are different types of hotels, but one of them adjacent to Rajpur Road is widely popular as it offers mouth-watering food right form Chinese to tandoor.
BEST TIME TO VISIT DEHRADUN
The pleasant weather to visit this city comes in between the month of March and April and the next is October to November. May and June are pretty much hot and not good to explore this beautiful city.
HOW TO REACH
- By Air:- The nearest airport is the Jolly Grant Airport situated 20 Km away and serve regular flights. Taxi are also available outside of the Airport and you may hire to reach at your desired destination.
- By Bus:- It is well connected to other cities like Delhi, Haridwar, Rishikesh, Agra etc. And regular bus service is available. Apart from semi-deluxe/deluxe/Volvo, Uttrakhand State Transport is deeply engaged to serve its great service.
- By Train: – This beautiful place holds its own Dehradun Railway Station which is well connected to modern cities like Allahabad, Mumbai, Kolkata, Ujjain etc.