This festival is completely dedicated to the married women. They keep fasting on this day for the longevity of their husbands. Saying would not be wrong that it is one of the very important fast followed by the married women and girls wish to get the ideal partner all across the Country. On this auspicious day, women pray for the welfare and long life of their husband keeping fast and chanting mantra throughout the day.Karva Chawth
A Bit About Karva Chawth
There is a rule that women have to eat food early in the morning before sunrise that is called SURGI. As per the rituals, Surgi must be sent by the Mother-in-law. After taking Surgi, they will not be allowed to eat anything even water. During the day, women decorate their hands with henna. And in the evening, they listen to the Karva Chauth Katha. The fast is over after the moonrise. Karva Chawth
What About The Pooja Process
The pooja process preparations start a day before, since it takes a lot of time to do the preparation. Married women head to the market to buy the essential pooja things like henna, Karwa, Mathi etc. Karva Chawth
- Early in the morning, married women prepare the food considered taken in the morning before sunrise. If SURGI is sent by the mother-in-low then it is good. Then the whole day passes decorating feet and hand with henna and pooja plate. There are many women who also visit their relative and friends to serve them best-wishes. Karva Chawth
- In the afternoon, all women who have fast gathered at the common place like garden and temple. In this connection, the elderly women guides about the whole process. It is considered essential to gather at the same place to hear the Karwa Chauth. There is a pot made up the mud is used during pooja. It is considered the symbol of Lord Ganesha which is filled with flowers, Ambika Gaur Mata, Goddess Parvati, fruits, food Grains and Mathi. As per rituals, a part is offered to the deities and the one who tells the Karwa Chawth story.
What About Muhurat Of Karva Chauth 2016
- This year karwa Chawth will be celebrated on October 19th 2016 on Wednesday. It is always celebrated 9 days before Diwali. Karva Chawth
- The auspicious pooja time will be about 1 hour and 13 minutes this year.
- It will start at 6 PM and will end at 07 .14.
Importance Of Moon Rise
The timing of moon plays an important role in this auspicious festival. This Karwa Chauth timing starts at 9.21 PM. During the whole day, women remain without water. They pray for the longevity of the husband. If it talks about the moon rise, it is quite important to follow as without seeing the moon women are not allowed to break the fast. The fast is considered accomplish after seeing the moon. When moon appears, women serve them Arghya and see moon through the Chalni having lighting ghee Diya. After that, they drink water by the hand of her husband. Karva Chawth
We wish all our readers a very happy Karwa Chauth…
You may also like