Every one of you must have heard the story of glass half empty or half full. It is almost impossible to find out the origin of this story but let us just go over it once more. Looking at a glass which contains water to half of its level denotes what? Some people, the pessimist ones, would say that it is half empty, while others, who are more optimistic and positive towards life, would say that it is half full. While the fact remains that glass is half full with water, how we perceive it marks the difference in our attitude towards life and our state of mind and heart.
Although, no preset guide rules can define key to happiness and most happy people hesitate in revealing their secrets to happiness. So here is a small effort to present astute and modest ways to keep your spirits high and lives filled with euphoria.
Follow these easy ways and find yourself happier than ever –
- Be healthy – Body and mind have a great and inevitable inherent connection. If your body is fit and active, your mind and heart will also have another big reason to be happy. Have a nutritious diet and make exercise such as walking, dancing, aerobics, jogging etc. a regular habit. Researches have shown than even 10 minutes of regular exercise can produce mood-boosting changes in human brain.
- Spend time with family and friends – Spend a lot of time with your family members or if you put up at different locations then make sure you stay connected with them. After all family is biggest source of strength for all. Also have a good group of friends with whom you can joys share your troubles and joys. Sharing with family and friends gives immense cheer and courage.
- Be positive – Always believe that some good with surely come out as a result of even the most distressing happenings in life. It will reduce your anxiety as well as apprehensions about future. Accept everything that comes your way with an open mind and heart. Whatever happens.. happens for good!
- Feel good about yourself – Love yourself for what you are, how you look, what you do and how you feel. Each time you are let down by something or someone, remind yourself of good things about you. Constantly recalling good things about yourself can be a great mood booster.
- Do what you love doing – Try to maintain a healthy balance between your busy hours and leisure time. After your work, take time out to do what you enjoy doing such as taking a walk, playing out, meditation, watching your favorite television show or anything else. Some like to relax while listening to music whereas others might love to work their body hard at a gym. Chose what you want to do rather than what others suggest you should do.
- Occasional indulgence – Are you bored of those hectic work schedules, regular gym workouts and sticking to boring diet plan. The idea might sound a bit weird but indulging in your favorite gourmet dinner or those delightful desserts at times could be a good idea to uplift your spirits. Some relaxation activities such as a spa or body massage could also be helpful.