Cucumbers belong to the same plant family as squash, pumpkin, and watermelon. Like watermelon, cucumbers are made up of mostly (95 percent) water. Eating cucumber on a hot summer day can help you stay hydrated.
However, there’s reason to eat cucumbers all year long. With vitamin C, B vitamins, copper, potassium, vitamin K, and manganese, cucumbers can help you to avoid nutrient deficiencies.
Cucumbers contain unique polyphenols and other compounds that may help reduce your risk of chronic diseases and much, much more… Ten health benefits of eating cucumber
Ten health benefits of eating cucumber
- Reduces cholesterol – If you are suffering from heart disease or have had heart related problems in the past, you should eat a cucumber a daily. A compound called sterols in cucumber helps reduce bad cholesterol.
- Reduce bad breath – In Ayurveda, bad breath is caused due to excess heat in your stomach and eating a cucumber will help release. Cucumber juice refreshes and heals diseased gums, leaving your mouth smelling good Ten health benefits of eating cucumber
- Keeps you hydrated – If you are not getting enough water or too busy to drink enough water, eating cucumber is a great way to keep yourself hydrated. Cucumber, contains 96 percent water and can compensate our body requirement. Ten health benefits of eating cucumber
- Reduce heat, both inside and out – Apply cucumber on your skin and you get relief from sunburn. Eat cucumber and your body gets relief from heartburn. Ten health benefits of eating cucumber
- Flushes out toxins – All that water in cucumber acts as a virtual broom, sweeping waste products out of your system. Regular use of, cucumber is known to dissolve kidney stones. It has high amounts of water that helps flush out the toxins. Ten health benefits of eating cucumber
- Aids in weight loss – Eat cucumbers in your salads and make it daily habit. Cucumbers are extremely low in calories and contain high amounts of dietary fiber. This makes cucumber a vegetable that will reduce your hunger pangs without giving you a lot of calories. Ten health benefits of eating cucumber
- Revives the eyes – Keeping a slice of cucumber on your eyes and lying down for several minutes can help reduce eye strain. Ten health benefits of eating cucumber
- Reduce cancer risk – Many antioxidants along with Vitamin C, improves your immunity and reduces free radical damage which in turn helps prevent cancer. Eating cucumber in your diet cut down your risk of several cancers. Ten health benefits of eating cucumber
- Good for digestion – Chewing cucumber gives the jaws a good workout, and help to prevent many digestive problems like constipation, acidity, ulcer formation, etc. You should eat cucumbers daily,the fiber in it is great for digestion. Ten health benefits of eating cucumber
- Good for diabetics – Diabetes Patients can eat cucumber while also reaping its health benefits: cucumber contains a hormone needed by the cells of the pancreas for producing insulin.