When it comes to jazz up mood within no time, visiting is the first thing comes in mind. But things become a bit tricky when it seems that going on a vacation is always expensive. Though there is a big part of your trip cost that you can cut down with some smart planning and that is your food budget. 10 ways to eat cheap when you are on vacation
We know what restaurants say about free lunches? Well, they’re all are wrong. Free gourmet meals, complimentary snacks, and appetizers on the house aren’t hard to find— as long as you know where to look for it. To save you some cash on your next trip here are overspend clever little tips for finding free food on the road. So, here we are going to disclose or hint you some prominent ways that will surely help you to reduce the burden.
What Are The 10 Ways To Eat Cheap When You Are On Vacation
- Have a food budget before you go on your vacation – If you don’t have an idea of what you are going to spend on food, it is a sure way to overspend. Food can add up quickly and be a heavy part of your total vacation cost. Recognize what you can afford and how much you want to spend on food and try to stick to those figures. Knowing your budget will help you decide where you should and shouldn’t eat.
- Do some research and make a plan before you leave – Before going on your vacation do a little research and put a plan together of where you will be eating for each meal (whether in the hotel or out to eat). Find what food options are available in the areas you will be touring and find restaurants and stores to go that have discount coupons or specials. By doing a simple Google search you can find discounts on many of your preferred places to eat. 10 ways to eat cheap when you are on vacation
- Try outdoor vendors and street food – In many places around the world, street food is the best real food you’ll find. It will fill you up fast for less money, also you’ll experience a less touristy part of the culture at the same time. 10 ways to eat cheap when you are on vacation
- Eat where the locals do – Foreign food is amount more expensive than the local cuisine. So if you’re not having pasta and pizza in Italy you should first, rethink your life choices, and second, stop wasting your money on food you can get elsewhere. 10 ways to eat cheap when you are on vacation
- Eat more big meals, fewer snacks – The little snacks add up fast, so list in one bigger meal and don’t eat snacks all the day. The prepared meal will cost a little more, like if you go to a buffet, but you won’t be spending as much small change on loading yourself up the rest of the day. 10 ways to eat cheap when you are on vacation
- Choose your location well – Some areas simply have more expensive food choices than many others, but generally, college or university towns will have less expensive food. Nearby shops and eateries want to bring in as many poor college students as they can, and therefore more likely to be offering deals.
- Stock up on snacks, treats and vacation items throughout the year when they go on sale – Several times individuals do their last minute vacation shopping right before they are about left on their trip. They buy snacks, chips, treats, soda, fruit drinks, crackers, fruit snacks, etc. and get to know that they have to pay full price for these ‘vacation’ items. 10 ways to eat cheap when you are on vacation
√ These snacks are great to keep kids quiet and happy while traveling but can cost you a lot if you pay the full price.
√ The best time to fill up the cabinet with these treats and snack items are the last and first week in July.
√ These are the times when the sale is available on all the snack items for their lowest prices.
√ Rather than buying just one box of crackers, stock up and buy as many as you can keep them in your own ‘grocery store’ in your pantry, and have them on hand for several months to come.
- Plan your vacation around the place to make homemade meals where you will be staying – Families, depending on the size, can simply spend anywhere from $30-$100 on just a day meal. And this amount can easily add up if you are needing to eat out three meals a day. That can be as much as $110-$250 a day spent just on meals, depending on where you decide to eat. Could you eat at Taco Bell for cheap, yes, but who craves to eat fast food three times a day? So, the better option is to find ways to eat homemade food where you will be staying. 10 ways to eat cheap when you are on vacation
√ Reserve a hotel with a microwave and/or a mini fridge. If they offer free ice, you could even stay without a fridge. A hotel with a microwave or mini kitchen costs only a few bucks extra per night but can save you big on your food expenses. So try to find them.
√ Choose the right hotel that lets you prepare homemade dinner in your room. Booking a hotel with a continental breakfast is not a least expensive way to go. Most of us can eat simple breakfast and can do great with (toast, cereal, fruit, yogurt, etc.).
√ If you can find a hotel with a generous continental breakfast and the price is not more than you could feed your own family meal then that is a good option. 10 ways to eat cheap when you are on vacation
- Join Local Events and Activities – Engage yourself with the culture of the destination by getting involved with local events and community activities. It’s a great way to make friends with locals, and you might just run across a free meal —or some food on the cheap, to say the least. Church activities, cookbook signings, art-gallery openings, film screenings, open houses, and the like often include complimentary meals or appetizers for participants—you just have to get a hold of a good-quality local events calendar.
- In the Last – All these are the some of the best ways to save money on the road. These tips will not only save your money but also let you explore your vacation destination in a different way. You might find the secrets restaurants which will give you never forgetting experience and taste that you love to share. Remember these tips and save some cash on your next trip. 10 ways to eat cheap when you are on vacation
To get this kind of lovely updates, stay connected with Jiyo Pal Pal….We love hearing from you so keep telling us what do you thing…