Drinking warm water with the juice of one lemon, is beneficial for health. Following are ten benefits of drinking warm water with lemon. 10 Benefits of Drinking Warm Water with Lime
10 Benefits of Drinking Warm Water with Lime
- Improve your digestive system – Lemon juice flushes out unwanted materials and toxins from the body. It’s atomic composition is similar to saliva and the hydrochloric acid of digestive juices. It encourages the liver to produce bile which is an acid that is required for digestion. Lemons are also high in minerals and vitamins and help loosen ama, or toxins, in the digestive tract. The digestive qualities of lemon juice help to relieve symptoms of indigestion, such as heartburn, belching and bloating.
- Helps to reduce weight – Lemon juice in the morning fights food craving. Also, it has been found earlier that people who maintain an alkaline diet tend to lose weight more quickly than others.
- Keep your skin fresh – Vitamin C is great for youthful skin, because it helps in the production of collagen. Its antioxidants revive dull skin and keep it healthy. Warm lemon water removes toxins from the blood stream. Also, diluted lemon juice, when applied to blemishes, can actually help lighten them.
- Freshens Breath – Lemons have been known to help relieve tooth pain and gingivitis. Be aware that citric acid can erode tooth enamel, so you should be mindful of this. It is best to brush your teeth first, then drink your lemon water, or wait a significant amount of time after to brush your teeth. Additionally, you can rinse your mouth with purified water after you finish your lemon water.
- Maintain pH levels – The acidity in our body can be harmful and lemon water can help reduce this. Citric acid is not a strong acid and so, is easily removed from our bodies by elimination processes like perspiration. Lemon, however, stimulates the formation of calcium carbonate that neutralizes other strong acids in the body. This is helpful, especially if your diet is heavy in proteins like meat and cheese. Experts say lemon can help change the pH balance of the blood and can also help indealing with urinary tract infections.
- Energizes You and Your Mood – Lemon is one of the few foods that contain more negative charged ions, providing your body with more energy when it enters the digestive tract. The scent of lemon also has mood enhancing and energizing properties. The smell of lemon juice can brighten your mood and help clear your mind. Lemon can also help reduce anxiety and depression.10 Benefits of Drinking Warm Water with Lime
- Hydrates Your Lymph System – Warm water and lemon juice supports the immune system by hydrating and replacing fluids lost by your body. When your body is deprived of water, you can definitely feel the side effects, which include: feeling tired, sluggish, decreased immune function, constipation, lack of energy, low/high blood pressure, lack of sleep lack of mental clarity and feeling stressed.
- Detoxifies liver – Lemon juice has citric acid, which helps the enzymes to function better. It also stimulates the liver and aids in detoxification 10 Benefits of Drinking Warm Water with Lime
- Boost up your immune system. – Vitamin C is known to fight colds and is good for your immune system.
- Excellent source of potassium – Lemons also have potassium, which stimulates brain and nerve function and controls blood pressure. 10 Benefits of Drinking Warm Water with Lime