Sleep is extremely important for our overall health. Seven to eight hours sleep without any interruption is considered ideal. A good sleep not only lends a healthy glow to your skin, but also sharpens your mind, improves your memory, increases your productivity at work and helps your body systems and organs function better.
10 Tips for Healthy Sleep
Try following sleep practices on a consistent basis if you want good sleep
- Stick to same bedtime and wake up time even on the weekends – This helps to regulate your body’s clock and could help you fall asleep and stay asleep for the night. 10 Tips for Healthy Sleep
- Relax with a warm bath – A warm bath before bedtime cools your body quickly, relaxes immensely and induces sleep.10 Tips for Healthy Sleep
- Avoid naps especially in the afternoon – Power napping may help you get through the day, but if you find that you can’t fall asleep at bedtime, eliminating even short catnaps may help. 10 Tips for Healthy Sleep
- Exercise Daily – Exercise at any time of day, but not at the expense of your sleep. Vigorous exercise is best, but even light exercise is better than no activity. 10 Tips for Healthy Sleep
- Use bright light to help manage circadian rhythms – Avoid bright light in the evening and expose yourself to sunlight in the morning. This will keep you circadian rhythms in check.
- Bedroom should be a zero-noise zone – Blocking out all kinds of noise, whether it is the night traffic outside our bedroom, or the slow hum of our gadgets and electronic items — can help you sleep better. Install sound-proof glass or keep ear plugs. 10 Tips for Healthy Sleep
- Sleep on a comfortable mattress – Make sure our mattress is comfortable and supportive. The one we have been using for years may have exceeded its life expectancy – about 9 or 10 years for most good quality mattresses. So,we should use good comforters. 10 Tips for Healthy Sleep
- Choose the right pillow – This will ensure that we sleep well. Our head and neck should be supported properly. Of course, there are some who sleep better without pillows. 10 Tips for Healthy Sleep
- Avoid alcohol , Cigarettes and Heavy meals in the evening – Alcohol, cigarettes and caffeine can disrupt sleep. Eating big or spicy meals can cause discomfort from indigestion that can make it hard to sleep. It is good to finish eating at least 2-3 hours before bedtime. 10 Tips for Healthy Sleep
- If you can’t sleep , go into another room and starts doing something relaxing until you feel tired – It is best to take work materials, computers and televisions out of the sleeping environment. Use your bed only for sleep and sex to strengthen the association between bed and sleep. If you associate a particular activity or item with anxiety about sleeping, omit it from your bedtime routine. 10 Tips for Healthy Sleep
You may also like