Does Pondicherry need any introduction? No, not at all since it is widely popular all around the world because of its incredible beauty. Pondicherry, formally known as Pondicherry is a wonderful getaway for a family vacation or even a couples outing. This romantic destination is best known for its French architecture and the cultural diversity of South India. This spectacular place is so vivid in culture that it makes for a wonderful vacation.
10 Reason to go Pondicherry
Today, we are going to share which 10 places you must not skip at any rate if wish to make your Pondicherry trip memorable and unforgettable. Let’s check it out the most famous places. 10 Reason to go Pondicherry
10 Best Places to Visit in Pondicherry
- Sri Aurobindo Ashram – This Ashram was founded by Sri Aurobindo and Mirra Alfassa known as The Mother. It is frequented by thousands of people from all over the world. Since it holds glorious history itself, it has always been the topic of discussion among the visitors. The library and the crafts center here are the best to pick up papier mache dolls. If you are going to visit this place then you must not skip this place at any rate.
- Pondicherry Museum – The Pondicherry Museum has a wonderful and fantastic collection of breathtaking handicrafts, beautiful archaeological findings and amazing sculptures from the Arikamedu Roman settlement. It also houses items from the French colonial time. These include items like furniture and coins. If you wish to buy some kind of incredible gifts for your friends, you must choose the handicraft as there is a gigantic collection available at the best prices. 10 Reason to go Pondicherry
- Botanical Garden – For the garden lover, there is a great treat to go and enjoy. The Botanical garden is a superb place to visit for adults as well as kids. This place is a ideal option for all age group whether it is kid, elder or adult. It has six fountains, Japanese rock, a large aquarium with ornamental fishes and a dancing fountain. It is quite beautiful and amazing and you must not skip it at any rate. The children’s train that passes through the gardens and the fountains is a joyful ride for the kids and is the centre attraction. For your kids, it will be a great treat. if you wish to get embarked on a memorable journey then you must go for it.
- Auroville – Mirra Alfassa, also known as ‘The Mother’, founded this experimental town. It was designed by architect Roger Anger and has people of different nationalities and cultures living together in harmony. Do check out the best attraction of Auroville – Matrimandir which is place for Yoga practitioners. Matrimandir has a 30 meter high lotus-shaped dome and is covered by golden discs that reflect sunlight. Without visiting it, your visit to Pondicherry would not be considered complete. 10 Reason to go Pondicherry
- Promenade – The Promenade is one of the best places to be in Pondicherry. It is on the beach front and is the place to have a leisurely stroll or just to enjoy the cool sea breeze. You must head this place to make a stroll to feel cool and amazing. There is a few restaurants where you can enjoy great food that includes French food too. It means there is no dearth for the food lovers too. 6. Chunnambar Boat house
Chunnambar Boat House is a popular tourist spot that is located 7 kilometres from Pondicherry. It is surrounded by beautiful backwaters and also the wondrous white sand beaches. Choose Chunnambar Boat House for boating as well as a great picnic spot. This is also a place where you can set up a tent and enjoy your stay at the sea. 10 Reason to go Pondicherry
- Sacred Heart of Jesus Church – The Basilica of the Sacred Heart of Jesus is one of the most visited religious places in Pondicherry. This church is made in the Gothic architecture era and is has colorful stained glass panels that illustrate the life of Jesus Christ and the events that took place then. To get enthralled with the excitement, you must add this place to your journey. 10 Reason to go Pondicherry
- Eglise de Notre Dame de la Conception Immaculee Church – Eglise de Notre Dame de la Conception Immaculee was established in Pondicherry. This church is dedicated to St. Peters and was just a small chapel before. It is also known as the Church of Capuchins and has gorgeous Portuguese architecture. Those who have a true inclination or a kind a love towards architecture must head to this place to increase the ratio of your knowledge. 10 Reason to go Pondicherry
- Ousteri Lake – Ousteri Lake is the best picturesque place to visit 10 kilometres from Pondicherry. This lake is recognized by The International Union for Conservation of Nature and Natural Resources as an important wetland. It has more than 40 migratory birds like Golden Oriole, Openbill Stork, Painted Stork, White Ibis, Tailor Bird and Spotted Owlets. Watching birds is a kind of incredible treat that let you know more about the birds and your own self too. 10 Reason to go Pondicherry
- Paradise Beach – Paradise beach is loved by all beach lovers and honeymoon couples as this beach stretches several miles. There are resorts and restaurants on the beachside that serve great food. For the beach lovers, it is a boon. Have stroll and sunbath to make yourself more relaxed, happy and contended.
In The Last – Choose you next vacation destination as Pondicherry and let it enchant you forever. The list does not get ended up here as it is too long but they are the prominent one. To make you fall in love with the nature, wonderful architecture, Pondicherry is the best place to head. So, what are you waiting for? It is time to choose the right place to get indulged in the fun and love with the nature. Whether you wish to go with your family, friends or colleague, it is perfect for all sorts of. 10 Reason to go Pondicherry
Stay connected with Jiyo Pal Pal To have a latest and informative updates. Have A happy Reading..