As per writers, it has always been considered that Intro of the article must be solid as it can grab the readers’ attention and encourage them to go through the whole article. And the same thing go along with Uttarakhand, one of the most beautiful states of India. When it comes to introduce this state, Almora comes first in the mind and that’s why Almora is the first district of an Uttarakhand state.
Almora is pretty popular because of its wildlife, pine and fir trees, temples, museum, cuisines, gardens, picturesque scenes, mountains, traditional and cooking. It does not rule over the heart of Bright End Corner. The incredible sunrise and sunset will leave you speechless. Here, there are many visitors but it grabbed the attention of our famous leaders; Mahatama Gandhi and Swami Vivekananda. Let’s check it out what more this state contains to jazz up your mood.
THE TOP 10 PLACES WHICH YOU MUST VISIT
- Gobind Vallabh Pant Museum:- It is situated at the mall road in Almora and hold a mind-blowing collection of ancient items. Here, you can explore a wide collection of folk paintings as well as culture and history of Uttarakhand.
- Bright End Corner :- Those who wish to spend some great time to see the most picturesque views of the sunrise and sunset amidst the mighty Himalaya must head to meditational centres. Apart from it, Swami Vivekananda Library is another attraction grab a wide attention of the visitors.
- Martola :- it is famous for its beautiful and colourful gardens. The picturesque location will take your heart away and will force to spend some more time here. It’s situated 10 km away from Almora.
- Kalimut:- It’s a perfect for picnic. Earlier, this place was as a diamond mind and granite hill.
- Deer Park :- It is located 3 km away from Almora. Here, you can see different types of Himalayan animals.
- Simtola :- Though the name sounds a little bit bizarre but this place is famous for having mesmerizing views of mountains.
- Binsar Wildlife Sanctuary: – It is located in Binsar and the height of this place varies from 900 metre to 2500 metres. If we look in the past, his areas was regarded as the summer capital when it was ruled by the emperor Chand. It has been established to preserve the wincing of oak. Here, there is around 200 varieties of birds.
- Kasar Devi Temple: – This incredible temple takes you the 2nd century AD. It belongs to Kasar Devi and it’s widely famous among the visitors not only among the devotees but visitors too for offering scenic views of the surroundings. Besides it, many beautiful birds can also be seen here.
- Katarmal Sun Temple: – It is the second pretty much popular temple. This incredible temple is dedicated to the Surya Dev. It was established in the 9th century. You must visit it as it is popular because of its beautiful construction including ceiling, walls etc.
- Kumaon Regimental Centre Museum:- There is another museum namely Kumaon Regimental Centre Museum which is situated uphills from the mall road in Almora. It was established in 1970 and pretty much popular for containing a wide array of war treasures and weapons which belong to the various wars like 1962 war with China and World War II.
3 MOST POPULAR FAIR AND FESTIVAL OF ALMORA
If you have packed your bag for Almora then we are going to add some more information about fair and festival belong to this lovely city and you must not skip them. Take a look:-
- Uttraini Festival:- It is celebrated in the month of January and goes for a week long in Bageshwar district. This festival attracts not only a number of traders but other folk and Bhotias as well.
- Jageshwar Monsoon Festival:- It’s a 15 days long festival celebrated in the month of July and Augest in Jageshwar. It’s celebrated in the temple of Lord Jagnath as it’s one of the 12th Jyotirlinga of Lord Shiva. This festival has a great importance.
- Nanda Devi Festival:- It’s another one in this list and celebrated in the month of September at the town of Almora. A big fair is organised. The ruler of this place worshipped Nanda Devi and that’s why it has been celebrating from that point. It’s a five days festival.
6 THINGS YOU MUST DO IN ALMORA
Since Almora is a lovely place which relax you. In this section, we are going to cite some of the best things which you must not skip at the time of visiting Almora.
- Village Walk :- if you wish to experience the lifestyle of the villagers then you must go for it. Here, you can explore the beautiful pine forest, marvellous cedar etc.
- Market of Almora:- For shopping lovers, there is lot of to dig out in Almora’s market. Lala Bazzar, KarKhana Bazzar, Thana Bazzar are some of the famous market.
- For the nature lover: – Nothing can be beautiful rather than nature. And it can be grabbed by you if you visit Bright End Corner. It’s widely popular for serving excellent sunrise and sunset.
- Trekking:- without trekking, your visit will not be considered complete.
- Visit Temples & Churches:- if you are a person having a true inclination towards spirituality, then it’s a perfect place since it is blessed with many churches and temples. Chitai Temple, Katarmal Sun Temple, Kasar Devi Temple, Methodist Church and so on give you an excellent change to search peace.
- For Art Lovers:- Not only for spirituals, but Almora caters for Art Lovers too. Gobind Vallabh Pant Public Museum welcome them who wish to explore incredible art and craft. It holds many things which may land you in the history. And you must not skip.
WHAT IS THE BEST TIME TO VISIT ALMORA
You may schedule your visit between April and June and aging between September and November. These months are considered to visit Almora. During these months, you can enjoy Nanda Devi festival, Dusshera Celebration and shower as well.
HOW TO REACH ALMORA
- BY AIR – Pant Nagar located in Nainital is considered nearest airport. In summer, regular flight are available.
- BY RAIL -The nearest railway station for Almora is Kathgodam.
- BY ROAD -Almora can be accessed by Road too as it is well connected with all-important cities through bus service.
I hope you have not only convinced but some of you have also booked your tickets to Almora while reading this article. But this article is incomplete without your feedback and comments. So, before leaving make sure you have submitted. Till then, have a Happy Reading…………
You may also like