Stepping in to Assam is like you are strolling in a paradise. The best thing is that you come across here a lot of peace that you cannot find anywhere else. The best thing about Assam is that it is blessed with greenery and quite lovely place to explore. Apart from it, Assam is a best place to head if you want a break from the hustle bustle of life. Assam is the most beautiful place in the heart of North east India. Best hill stations in Assam
Best hill stations in Assam
Assam is fully covered with greenery and tea gardens, Himalayan snow covered peaks and numerous rivers and lakes flowing across the state. Tourists from all over India are attracted by the serene beauty of Assam.
The Following Are The Popular Hill Stations Of Assam:- Let’s check it out the best names that you must not ignore as they hold enough stamina to make your visit memorable. It would be too good if you schedule your visit to these hill station next time. Best hill stations in Assam
1. Haflong – Spectacular And Peaceful Haflong is the best and well known hill station near Guwahati. This place comprises of beautiful green mountains, incredible waterfalls and lovely valleys. Best place for peace loving people and the writers. This place is best for the trekkers and who love adventure activities e.g. paragliding. In the month of November Chavang Kut is celebrated which is a renowned harvest carnival.Well known for- Haflong Lake is the point of attraction of this place, boating in this lake is the best option to view the full lake. Other nearby tourist attractions is Borali Range and Orchid Garden Best hill stations in Assam
2. Diphu- Destination for Nature loversThe next one on the list is Diphu. It is too eye-pleasing and lovely. Diphu is located 270 km away from Guwahati. This place is full of green mountains and beautiful landscape covered with greenery. There are few temples e.g. Shiva Mandir, Deopani durga mandir and Khanduli. Trekking lovers can explore and enjoy all the adventure sports prevailed here. The whole view of Brahmaputra valley can be viewed once you travel to the highest peak of Diphu.Well known for:- This hill station is widely known for many things like Arboretum and Marat Longri National Park, Botanical Garden and museum. You must not skip them if heading to this place. Best hill stations in Assam
3. Umrangso – Pristine blessing on earthYES!!! The subheading is too accurate. If you have ever head this place that means you have got why it is being said that it is paradise on earth. Umrangso is situated on the North Cacher Hill, the border of Assam and Meghalaya. This is the best place for relaxing and re- energizing the body and minds of the visitor especially the visitors from metropolitans. The distance between Haflong to Umrangso is 104 kms which is about 4 hours of car drive through Jowai and Shillong Hills which is spectacular scenery. To put in easy words, it will not take too much time to reach there. Well known for: – Garampani is a hot water fall flowing from the top of the hill. There is a belief that this water has medicinal benefits. People can enjoy boating in this lake formed by the waterfall. Best hill stations in Assam
4. Maibang– Heirloom of Kachari KingdomMaibang was earlier the capital of Kachari kings. It is the most attractive and beautiful hill station in Assam. This place is best for the archeology lovers, as this place have plenty of ancient sculptures and stone statues of Kachari dynasty. If you want to know the glorious history of his place as well as Asam, then you are at right place. Best hill stations in Assam
Well Known For: – This hill station is widely known for having Ramchandi, popularly known as Ek Patthar Ghar is the antique massive temple. In short, it can be said if you have been looking for the best place, then you have headed to the right place. If you have true inclination towards the spirituality, then you must choose it.
Appropriate Time To Schedule Your Trip
Before heading to your best place, you need to know that what is all about the appropriated time to visit this lovely place. April to June is considered the most ideal time period to visit Assam. The climate is wonderful and rejuvenating to explore. Best hill stations in Assam
- There are too many things to visit like Wildlife safari in Kaziranga National Park (UNESCO World Heritage Site) and hills stations –Diphu, Maibang, and Haflong and so on come on the list to visit in this time frame.
- If you love rain and looking this month to head Assam, then you can also go. July to September is a period that you should avoid if you do not like rain or do not wish to confront any issue. But if you want explore the beauty of Rainy Assam then you can go since in this time period a heavy downpour comes. Generally, you should avoid this time period. Best hill stations in Assam
- Yes, another best time period comes in between October to March. It is the best period if you are planning for a honeymoon trip. Bihu the most popular harvest fair is celebrated which is worth watching.Apart from it, do not forget to pack your bag with the essential things that you must not miss if heading to Assam. Prepare all your required documents so you would not confront any issues. And yes!!! Do not forget to take your camera to click lovely photographs to add in your memory. There are many things to enjoy.
Apart from it, if you love eating then it would be too good for you. Do not forget to enjoy street food. Must say, visiting any of these hills will add a number of memories to your life. So, what are you waiting for? It is time to add Assam and your favorite place to your list. There is no need to contemplate too much. You must go with your family and friends. Have A Happy Reading …
Stay connected with Jiyo Pal Pal for having latest updates…
You may also like