India is widely known for holding great culture. Needless to say that Hindu Religion plays a wide role to add a WOW factor to the colorful culture of India. Be it scripture, deities, Gods or holy places, everything carve out a great image. And when it comes about the holy places, Haridwar emerges first in the mind. Haridwar is a Hindi word stands for Gateway To God and it is one of the seven holiest places for Hindus.
It is adjacent to the bank of the Ganga River. This place is perfect for exploring the beauty of nature and spirituality both. If you are looking for inner peace, then you must head to Haridwar.
PLACES THAT YOU MUST VISIT
Here, we are going to cite the list of the must-watch places which you must not miss at any rate. Let’s check it out.
- HAR-KI-PURI :- This name is not new for the devotees. Every year, many people come to a dip in this holy water of Ganga and take the blessings. In Haridwar, It’s one of the most important place. In the evening, aarti has always been a main attraction. When diyas are floting on the river, a wonder view is created at ghat. Every one wish to take a look of it.
- THE CHANDI DEVI TEMPLE :- It was suchat singh and it is situated on top of the Neel Parvat adjacent to the river Ganga. And visitor never wish to miss the chance to make a stroll at this temple. It’s widely popular all over the world.
- THE MAYA DEVI TEMPLE:- And the Maya devi temple is situated adjacent to Chandi Devi Temple. This special temple belongs to Goddess Sati. As per the scripture, It is one of the ancient temples. Apart from it, this Maya Devi Temple is very pretty much famous as one of the Siddhapeethas.
- MANASA DEVI TEMPLE:- No need to give an introduction. Being a famous temple in Haridwar, It has always been a point of great firm in God. It is situated at the top of the Bilwa Parwat. It belongs to Goddess Mansa.
- BhimGoda Kund/Tank:- This temple situated just about 1 km away from Har Ki Pauri. And this BhimGoda Kuna Tank is quite popular all across India and that’s why many visitors come to visit this place. As per mythology, Pandavas stopped here to drink water in Haridwar.
- BIRD SANCTUARY :- Those who wish to get pampered not only by spiritual feelings, but bird-watching too, Haridwar is perfect place. Here, you can see many migratory birds.
- Baharat Mata Temple :- It was established by Swami Satyamitranand Giri. And this adorable temple is located on the bank of Ganga. The structure of this unique temple is very huge and eye-catching. It holds 8-storey structure and each floor belong to different Gods like Bharat Mata, Radha Mira, Ahilya, Gargi etc. if you wish to get blessed by different Gods at the same time. Then you must visit this temple called Baharat Mata Temple.
- Daksha Mahadev Temple : -This temple holds great value as it belongs to the King Daksha Prajapati father of Lord Shiva’s first wife. Here, he organized a yagna and did not invite Lord Shiva.
- Kanva Rishi Ashram :- it’s a perfect place for the people who love to get indulged with peace. It is situated away from the Haridwar and that’s why it’s very quite and peaceful.
THINGS TO DO IN HARIDWAR
It’s heaven for shopping lovers :- Haridwar is a place for those who love shopping. There are various markets to purchase memorable things. Let’s have a look.
- Bara Bazar:- This wonderful market is situated on Railway Road. It’s widely known for rudraksha seeds and Ayurvedic medicines also.
- Handicraft Emporium and Government Handloom: Here, you can find a wide array of religious stone and wood craft materials.
- Moti Bazar: And this market is widely known for serving an enormous collection of pooja items, metal utensils, carved stone, colorful bangles, baskets based on cane and so on.
Apart from the above mentioned, Haridwar is pretty much famous for glass bangles, idol, crafted items, brass untensils, glass bangles, cane baskets, jewellery etc.
FAIR AND FESTIVALS OF HARIDWAR
There are many festivals which is celebrated in Haridwar with a great pomp and show. And Kavad Mela, Ganga Dashara, Gughal Mela are pretty much popular. Kumb Mela is widely popular mela and it is organsied once in a twelve years. It is considered very sacred and people come from all around the world to take part in this mela. Well!!!there is a great list of the festivals which belong to Haridwar like Kanwar Mela, Surya Garahan, Makar Snakranti, Baishakhi etc. If you wish to enjoy these feativals at Haridwar then you may schedule your visit during these feativals.
BEST TIME TO VISIT HARIDWAR
And the best time to visit Haridwar keeps on going throughout the year. If you wish to visit popular religious festival such as Ramanavmit then you may head to Haridwar in the month of March and April. And if you are looking for celebrating Buddha Poornima then you have to schedule your tour in May. Well!!! We would like to advise that you must avoid Monsoon July to September.
HOW TO REACH HARIDWAR
This beautiful city is well-connected by Road, Air and Rail. Let’s have a look how you can reach by all these three ways.
- By Air :- Dehradun Airport situated 41 km away from Haridwar. Apart from it, Chandigarh Airport located 155 km away from Haridwar. There is no regular service from the major cities of the country.
- By road: The NH 45 connects Haridwar to the major cities of the country. There are many cities which serve regular bus service to Haridwar.
- By Rail: Regular trains are available. And the Haridwar Junction, Motichur and Landaura serve you the excellent service.
You may also like