Hello Guys….have a colorful welcome. Holi is just around the corner and that’s why there is a colorful welcome, especially for all the readers. Well!!! Let me ask how many of you love to play Holi? I am sure there would be many. Holi is not only festival, but it’s an excellent way to say Bye-Bye winter and have a great welcome of the upcoming spring and summer both. Though this colorful festival belongs to India, but it is very popular all around the world. There are many tourists who come India, especially for playing and celebrating Holi.
WHEN HOLI WILL BE CELEBRATED IN 2016
In this year, the Holi Festival will be celebrated on March 23 and will be played on March 24. As per the Hindu Calendor, it is celebrated on the full moon day of Phagun. And Phagun is considered the 12th month in the Hindu calendar. Holi indicated the beginning of spring. If you are one of them who do not love to play Holi that means you are missing a wide chunk of enjoyment. Holi is a perfect festival to get infused with great enthusiasm. To take a break from a busy life, it has become essential to celebrate Holi.
WHAT CHILDRENS DO ON HOLI
Holi is the festival which allows you to play unlimited pranks and share your happiness with everyone. On this day, enemies get turned into friends with smearing colors. It is widely popular among the children as they get the chance to throw water filled balloons at their friends, passersby etc. And they will not be scolded to do this. To remove someone’s anger, there is a line Bura Na Mano Holi Hai. And in order to drench people standin far from you, there is a weapon called pichkari.
WHAT TO SERVE
Holi is not only a colorful festival, but it is a great occasion to taste various types of dishes like Gujiya, Mathri, Puran Poli, Papad, Dahi Bada, Malpuas etc. women start to prepare them 3 and 4 days before. Gujiya is one of the prominent sweet dishes to share the happiness and enjoyment. It is stuffed with Mava and Dry fruits. Needless to say its taste is just amazing.
WHAT TO KEEP IN MIND BEFORE CELEBRATING HOLI
- Before playing Holi, do not forget to do oiling.
- Have safe and natural color to celebrate Holi.
- If something gets into the eyes, wash it with water instead of rubbing.
- Do not forget to get attired in full sleeve clothes, they protects you to come into the direct touch of colors.
- There is no place to get annoyed if anyone smears colors on your face or throw at you. It is Holi and you are here to celebrate it. It is the festival of love and you must throw the love at them in back instead of getting angry.
- To clean your skin, you can go along with lotion, milk, cotton wool.
- At the time of washing your face, keep your lips and eye tightly closed to prevent the entry of colors and chemicals.
- Avoid to take your personal belongings with you like phone, cameras, ATM card etc., If it is necessary to carry then put them inside the plastic bags.
HOW MANY TYPES OF HOLI
Holi does not hold only one flavor, but there are different types of Holi is celebrated in India. As per region, it gets vary. Let’s have a look different colors of the colorful festival called Holi.
- Cultural Holi dipped in Shantiniketan, West Bengal shade:- This special Holi was started by the famous Bengali poet and Nobel Laureate Rabindranath Tagore. It is also know as Vasanta Utsav. And it holds great importance in Bengali culture. To become the part of this celebration, many foreigners come to celebrate it.
- It is all about Folk Holi :- In West Bengal, a three day Basanta Utsav is celebrated with great enthusiasm. It’s a three day festival. A number of dances like Chau Dance, Darbari Jhumur, Natua Dance etc., are performed to add more color to it.
- Barsana Holi is played with Sticks :- Yes!!! Holi is also played with sticks. And it happens in Barsana. Here, women beat up men with sticks. It is also called Lathmar Holi. It starts a week before the main day of Holi.
- The Traditional Holi belongs to Lord Krishna’s Mathura and Vrindavan :- This Holi is celebor 40 days before main Holi. All the temples placed in Mathura and Vrindavan are decorated beautifully.
- Warrior Holi in the Sikh Way:- Holi is not a festival belong to Hindu religion, but it is celebrated in the Sikh way as well. It can be seen at Anandpur Sahib in Punjab. Instead of throwing colors, wrestling, martial arts, mock sword fights, acrobatic military exercises, and turban tying are performed.
Apart from the above mentioned, Udaipur’s Royal Holi, Mumbai’s Community Holi, Jaipur’s Holi with with elephants, Delhi’s Musical Holi, Hampi Holi associate to South India makes India’s Holi very-very colorful. It depicts that culture can be varied as per the region, but the celebration remains the same everywhere.
BEING A TOURIST, HOW YOU CAN ENJOY HOLI
Many foreigners come India in the month of March especially to celebrate Holi. But you must avoid to play street Holi as it does not consider safe from many angles. Instead of it, you must go along with safe Holi. There are many hotels which offer Special Holi Parties. It is safe to play and enjoy. In these Holi parties, many types of programs are orgnized like dance, music, singing, folk dance etc.
Well!!! There is a lot of stuff to share regarding Holi but the most important has been shared with you. How was your Holi, do not forget to share with us.
You may also like