Do you wish to get showered with the feeling of love or wish to pamper romance? If yes!!! Then, you have landed at the right place. Today. We are going to explore the most romantic city called Udaipur. Well!!! There are a number of places to take a dip in love, but no one holds the required magic to compete Udaipur since it’s overwhelmed with heart-touching Ghats, most beautiful sunset points, breath-taking lakes and much more.
Boat riding, Light Shows, Shopping, Eating and so on. Saying would not be wrong that Udaipur is a perfect place for the newly wed-couples who wish to spend some more time with each-other. So, Guys!!! If you are ready to check out the lovely city of Rajasthan. Let’s start with popular places.
PLACE WHICH YOU MUST VISIT
- Jagdish Temple:- In order to lift up your spiritual inclination, Jagdish Temple is a great option. It’s an Indo-Aryan Temple established by Maharana Jagat Singh and dedicated to Lord Vishnu. Apart from it, here you will find a stunning statue of Lord Ganesh, Lord Surya, Lord Shiva and Goddess Shakti. Aarti is performed in the evening and morning. You must take part when Aarti is performed as it makes the whole environment very auspicious and positive.
- Lake Fatehsagar:- Lake Pichola is connected to Lake Fatehsagar through a canal. Nehru Parks is adjacent to Lake Fatehsagar and you must not miss it.
- Saheliyon Ki Bari: – It was established by Maharana Bhopal Singh and it’s very unique as this place was made for the maids. And maids are associated to the Princess and considered to be the part of the dowry.
- City Palace :- It’s a magnificent building will leave you definitely speechless and adds value to the journey of Udaipur. The marvellous city palace belongs to the royal Mewar family. Exploring this palace will be outstanding as you find here a vintage car museum, Daaway-i-Aam, Maharani Palace, Daawat-i-Khas and crystal gallery.
- Lake Pichola :- For the peace hunter, nothing can be greater than make a stroll at Lake Pichola. Saying would not be wrong that it’s another vital identity of Udaipur. Though it is man-made but will not let you feel anything like artificial. Boat Ride on Laka Pichola will take you to another world.
- Lake Palace:- Visiting Lake Pichola will remain incomplete if Lake Palace is not visited. Since it’s pretty much beautiful, will not give you enough time to blink. It was established by Maharaja Jagat Singh and run by Taj Group. Staying here can be expensive for you but you are allowed to explore it.
- Jag Mandir:- Adjacent to Lake Pichola, there is another attraction called Jag Madir built in the 17th century. Marble-made elephants add glam to this three-storied structure.
- Bhartiya Lok Kala Museum:- To explore the culture and history of Udaipur, Bhartiya Lok Kala Museum will be the right place. The museum is loaded with tribal jewellery, dools, turban, masks, paintings, musical instrument, puppet, dressed and much more.
- Bagore Ki Haveli:- This Haveli holds a total number of 100 rooms. Here, you can take a look of stunning mirror work decoration. Bagore Ki Haveli is widely known for depicting the royal life style as you will find here unique things like rose water, nut cracker, pan boxes, dice-games, jewellery boxes, painting etc.
- Ahar:- It’s a royal cremation ground. Though it is cremation ground, even then it looks wonderful. There is a total number of 372 cenotaphs of Kind and Queens of Mewar. You must visit it to take a glimpse of history.
- Ambrai Ghat:- This Ghat has always been crowded as it considered one of the most romantic place of Udaipur. It’s adjacent to Lake Pichola.
- Monsoon Palace:- It is also known as Sajjangarh Palace:- For having a beautiful sunset view, no one can compete Monoon Palace.
- Shilpgram:- To understand the culture and tradition in a discreet manner, one should not skip Shilpgram. Camel and Horse Riding is also available to add more fun. Dance and music will jazz up your visit too.
- Moti Magri:- Moti Magri is famous for holding a Japanese Rock Garden and Pratap Smarak. It’s established on a hill and that’s why you are allowed to take jaw-dropping pictures.
- Vintage Classic Cars Museum:- Vintage car has always been popular among the car lovers. Here, you can get overwhelmed with the car collection of Maharaja. There are a total number of 22 cars.
- Kumbhalgarh Fort: – This magnificent fort was built in the 15th century by Rana Kumbha. After Chittorgarh, it’s another popular fort of the Mewar Kingdom.
4 THINGS TO DO IN UDAIPUR
There are many things to do in Udaipur but four are very essential and must not skip. Let’s check it out.
- Do not Forget to Buy Jootis :- All the fashionistas are informed that don’t forget to buy colourful and traditional Jootis. Udaipur’s Manek Chowk and Hathi Pol Bazzar are famous for eye-catching and jootis dipped in fabulous shades.
- Foodies Must not Skip Jagat Niwas & Natraj Dining Hall: – Not only for shopping-lovers but Udaipur serves for foodies too. And that’s why you are informed that you must not miss a chance to make a stroll at Jagat Niwas which famous for its delicious dish called Red Meat Curry (Lal Maas). And the price will not pinch your pocket at all. Apart from it, do not miss the taste of authentic Rajasthani Food which you can grab at Natraj Dining Hall.
- Horse Riding For Enthusiastic: – All the fun loving people are informed that your visit will be incomplete without tasting Horse Riding. To check out the rural areas of Udaipur, nothing can be greater rather than go for Horse Riding.
- Sound and Light Show to take a dip in Rajasthani culture:- Yes!!! You can enjoy it at Kumbhalgarh Fort. Here, you will be getting oozed with the history and rich culture of the Maharanas of Mewar and the Kumbhalgarh Fort. And do not forget to make entry at 6.45 pm and it will take 45 minutes to get finished.
THE 2 MOST POPULAR FESTIVALS OF UDAIPUR
- Mewar Festival:- This festival is celebrated in the month of March-April in order to welcome the starting of spring. Many tourists come all over the world to celebrate this festival and is widely popular among the ladies as they get together to decorate the statues of Isarji and Gangaur which are taken in a ceremonial procession. Different parts of the city take part in this procession and it gets ends up at the Gangaur Ghat at Lake Pichhola. Mewar Festival revolves around the traditional songs, folk dance and other types of programme.
- Shilpgram Crafts Fair:- This fair is also famous all across the world and promote art and craft Rajasthan on a large scale. This fair become a glimpse of royal art and craft of Rajasthan for the tourists. Here, you can take a look of hand woven clothes, marvellous handicrafts, stunning mirror works and eye-catching embroidery.
BEST TIME TO VISIT UDAIPUR
The months between Octobers to March are considered perfect to visit Udaipur. During this time, the weather remains pleasant and ideal to explore the city. And the good thing is that the best time is going on and you can schedule a visit to Udaipur.
HOW TO REACH UDAIPUR
- By Air:- Maharana Pratap Airport is the nearest Airport located 22km away from the city of Udaipur and well connected to Delhi, Kolkata, Mumbai and Jaipur. Jet Airways, Indian Airlines, Air Deccan etc., served regular flights to the major cities of India.
- By Rail:- Udaipur holds its own Railway Station which serves to major cities of Rajasthan and India as well. PLACE ON WHEELS adds more value to your journey. Bandra-Udaipur SF Express, Chetak Express, Mewar Express, Gwalior-Udaipur Express and Annanya Express are some of the popular trains serve their daily service.
- By Road:- Udaipur is well-connected by Road and the brilliant Road Network is available.
The facility of Deluxe Buses and AC coaches are offered by Rajasthan Roadways.