If you live in India, but still did not visit Jammu then I must say it is not fair. Whether you are a foodie, shopaholic, devotee or an adventure seeker, it is an ideal place to explore. Yes!!! You got right. Actually, Jammu is blessed with a number of places belong to different categories. Here, we have accumulated some important information especially for them who are about to schedule a visit to Jammu. Jammu – State’s winter capital
The Most Popular Places In Jammu Jammu – State’s winter capital
- Peer Baba Dargah, Jammu:- To take blessings, must go for visiting Peer Baba Dargah. Peer baba Dargah is very popular as it is dedicated to Muslim Saint. Jammu – State’s winter capital
- Nandini Wildlife Sanctuary, Jammu: – Here, you can explore rare species of flora and fauna, birds and mammals. Jammu – State’s winter capital
- Surinsar Lake, Jammu:- It is surrounded by lush greenery. Surinsar Lake having lotus flower will rule over your heart. Jammu – State’s winter capital
- Bahu Fort, Jammu: – It was established nearly 3,000 years ago and regarded as one of the oldest forts in India. Bahu Fort belongs to Lord Kali. Jammu – State’s winter capital
- Shiv Khori, Jammu: – The disciple of Lord Shiva will never wish to skip this important place. Shiv Khori is all about a very popular ancient cave shrine. Jammu – State’s winter capital
- Bagh-e-Bahu, Jammu: – It is an incredible Mughal garden situated at the bank of Tawi River and attracts visitor to make a stroll here. Jammu – State’s winter capital
- Mahamaya Temple, Jammu: – It is one of the very popular temples. People come here all across the world. It is situated adjacent to the Bahu Fort on the bank of Tawi River. Jammu – State’s winter capital
- Sanasar, Jammu: – It is an ideal place for them who love to add fun and adventure in their life. Here, you can go along with picturesque view of mountains. Jammu – State’s winter capital
- Dogra Art Gallery: – It has a total number of 800 houses loaded with exiguities paintings.
- Gurdwara Guru Nanak Dev: – It was built to mark the visit of Guru Nanak and that’s why it is considered as a sacred place. Though it is small in size, it holds a great value of the devotees.
- Mahakali Temple: – It was built in the 8th century and made of white marble. Here, you can see a number of monkeys. Jammu – State’s winter capital
- Panchvaktar Temple: – it is regarded as one of the oldest temples in Jammu. Since it has self-originated Shiva-lings, Panchvaktar is very special for the devotee of Lord Shiva. Jammu – State’s winter capital
- Amar Mahal Palace, Museum and Library: – There was a time when it was a palace, but now it has been converted into a museum which contain antique books, paintings and so on. It is made of red sandstone and add a spark to its beauty. Jammu – State’s winter capital
- Mubarak Mandi Palace, Jammu: – If you love history and wish to explore it then go for Mubarak Mandi Palace. Jammu – State’s winter capital
- Raghunath Temple, Jammu: – As the name of temple automatically reveals, it is dedicated to Lord Rama. It is known as a must-visit place in Jammu. Jammu – State’s winter capital
- Vaishno Devi Temple, Jammu: – It is one of the very sacred Hindu Temples. Devotees come here from all across the world. In Navratra, a number of devotees come here. Jammu – State’s winter capital
- Mansar Lake, Jammu: – It looks beautiful as it is blessed with lush green forest which adds more to its beauty. It is a beautiful lake which serves you unique piece of mind. To get relaxed you must pay attention over it. Jammu – State’s winter capital
- Bawey Wali Mata Temple, Jammu: – This temple is dedicated to Lord Kali. Those who have great faith in goddess Kali must visit this temple. Jammu – State’s winter capital
Things To Do In Jammu
- Paradise For The Foodies: – To enjoy scrumptious cuisines, Jammu is an ideal place. Here you must taste Biryani Seekh Kebab, Tandoori Chicken, Kandhari Rogan Josh, Shiri Pulav, Maani Madra, Katha Meat, and so on. And yes!!! Do not forget to taste delicious traditional dessert of Jammu called Phirni.
- Shopping To Jazz Up The Trip: – Do you love shopping the head to traditional market like Raghunath Bazaar, Hari Market and Vir Marg. These are three very popular market. Here you can buy various things like traditional Dogra Jewellery, Kashmiri handicrafts, fresh dry fruits especially almonds, carpet and so on.
- Skiing – Having fun on cool ice can make your journey memorable throughout the life.
- Shikara Riding:- Without experiencing this, you are losing a wide chunk of the fun. Dal and Nagin Lakes are very famous for Shikara Rides. Jammu – State’s winter capital
- Trekking: – For the fun lovers, it is perfect. Not only for fun lovers, but if you love taking challenges then go ahead with Trekking. Jammu – State’s winter capital
Apart from it, Paragliding, Skiing, Fishing, Bird watching and so on. There is a long list for doing fun in Jammu.
When To Schedule A Visit To Jammu
In between the months of September and April is considered the best time to visit Jammu. During these months, weather of the winter capital of Jammu & Kashmir remains pleasant. It is perfect time to explore the beauty of this place. Jammu – State’s winter capital
How To Reach Jammu
- By Air :- There are three domestic airports; Leh Kushok Bakula Rimpochee Airport, Satwari Airport and Sheikh UI Alam Airport. And they all three are well-connected to the two metro cities Mumbai and Delhi directly. Jet Airway, Indian Airlines and other renowned airlines are serving excellent service.
- By Train: – The nearest railway head is Jammu Tawi which is situated 305 km away from Srinagar. It is well connected to metro cities like Mumbai, Delhi, and Calcutta and so on.
- By Bus: – Jammu is well-connect to National Highway 1A, which connects it to all parts of India. Private Deluxe Buses, State Roadways Buses and J&K State Road Transport are available to serve.
So, what are you waiting for? Currently, summer does not seem in the mood to relax you then why do not your plan a visit to Jammu. Go along with your family and friends to make this summer trip memorable.
Apart from it, you can also gift tickets to Jammu to your spouse to make them feel special.
And do not miss the chance to share your views. Jammu – State’s winter capital
Till then Take Care Yourself
Have a Happy Journey…
You may also like