Do you wish to explore a place where you enjoy trekking, fishing, picturesque scenes, a number of lakes and much more? If your answer is in affirmative, you must head to Mandi. Mandi – Himachal Pradesh
Though the name gives you an idea of a market, but it is all about a market. Mandi is a beautiful town as well as headquarter of this beautiful district. It gets a number of footfall throughout the year. Here, we are going to explore a lot of stuff which help to make your journey hassle free. Mandi – Himachal Pradesh
PLACES TO EXPLORE IN Mandi – Himachal Pradesh
- Sundernagar: – It is an outstanding valley and attract your attention in one go. It welcomes the traveller with the open arms located 25 km away from Mandi on the National Highway. If you are going Mandi then do not forget to visit this place. Mandi – Himachal Pradesh
- Tatta Pani:- It is surrounded by eye-pleasing hills. You will defiantly get thrilled seeing this. It is located on the right bank of Satluj, one of the very popular rivers of India. The name of this river belongs to Hindi language means hot water. Mandi – Himachal Pradesh
- Rewalsar Lake:- This Lake attracts a number of visitors as it holds square shape. Rewalsar is one of the most important pilgrimage where people come across all around the world. Not only this, but this lake is regarded as the floating island. Having a shoreline of 735 meters lifts up its value. Here serpent worshipping is also organized. It is very religious and sacred place. Mandi – Himachal Pradesh
- Prashar Lake:- It is located in a cup like valley. It is quite beautiful and for the peace seeker it is just as a paradise. It holds deep blue water to leave you speechless. A temple is also adjacent to this lake. The name of this lake belongs to the sage Prashar. It is driven from his name. In the month of June, a lovely fair is organized every year which is quite famous. Here, people of neighbouring villages also come. Mandi – Himachal Pradesh
- Barot:- if you are looking for a picnic spot where you spend a lot of quality time with your friends and family then you must say yes to Barot. It is located 33 km away from Mandi. Trout fishing and a ropeway enough for luring the visitors towards it. Mandi – Himachal Pradesh
- Shikari Devi Temple:- do you want to rejuvenate your mind as well as wish to take the blessing of the God, head to Shikari Devi Temple. It is situated at a height of 3,332 meters stirring. Here, you must go for grabbing wonderful sunrise scene. Mandi – Himachal Pradesh
- Janjehli:- It is just like a paradise for hikers. You can reach by bike, but the rest you have to cover by walking down. Mandi – Himachal Pradesh
- Kamru Nag Lake:- It is another one of the wonderful places located at Mandi. You must skip to make a stroll here. Mandi – Himachal Pradesh
- Pandoh Dam:- It is situated at a height of 1360m and located 16 km away from Mandi. It is a lake having slender shape and attract the visitors because of holding crystal clear water. If wish to get refreshed then do not forget to go there. Mandi – Himachal Pradesh
- Kamlah Fort: – This fort is situated 80 km away from Mandi city. It was built by Raja Suraj Sen in the year of 1625. For the historical-monument lover, it is a great place to head. Mandi – Himachal Pradesh
- Bhutnath Temple: – this temple covers a wide ground. It was built in the 1520s. It is regarded as an important temple. People hold great belief in it. It is situated in the centre of this town. Bhutnath as the name of temple reveals that it belongs to Lord Shiva. Mandi – Himachal Pradesh
- Bhīma Kali Temple: – This temple is associated to Goddess Bhīma Kali and very popular all across the country. It is located on the banks of River Beas. You must explore it. Mandi – Himachal Pradesh
Things To Do In Mandi
- Fishing – It is one of the most prominent stuff which you must not forget to enjoy whenever visit Mandi.
- Indira Shopping Complex– Do you love shopping? If yes, then make a plan to step in India Shopping Complex. A beautiful place to pamper your journey and hobby both. In Mandi, you can go for shopping of beautiful handicrafts and silver jewellery. Mandi – Himachal Pradesh
- Trekking – for the adventure seekers, trekking is must and Mandi helps you to enjoy it. It is perfect for enjoying Trekking. And this experience, you would not get forget throughout the life.
Fair & Festivals
In Mandi, there is a number of festivals celebrated throughout the year like Mandi – Himachal Pradesh
- Saayar – It is a crop festival.
- Naag Panchami – belongs to the worship of Snacks.
- Navratra Basoa– this festival belong to crops.
- Haryalitri – it is related to cattle wealth
Apart from the above mentioned, Bakarmala, Chidan Mala, Gugga festival, Deepavali and Shivratri are in the list, which is celebrated on a large scale all across the town. Mandi – Himachal Pradesh
When To Visit Mandi
Though this place is perfect to access throughout the year, but October to November is considered the best month to explore this beautiful place. During these months, the weather remains pleasant. Mandi – Himachal Pradesh
How To Reach
- By Air – One can reach by air as the nearest airport is Bhuntar which located approximately 62 km. You can fetch rickshaw, auto or cab outside of the airport. Mandi – Himachal Pradesh Mandi – Himachal Pradesh
- By Rail – if you are looking for train then there is no problem as the nearest narrow gauge railway line between Pathankot and Jogindernagar is available to serve you which holds distance of 55 km.
- By Road – Mandi is well-connected through road. One can reach here by road. The Himachal Road Transport Corporation is engaged to serve you bus service cover all across Mandi. Not only this, but HRTC is also serving you great service to make your journey memorable. Mandi – Himachal Pradesh
So, what are you waiting for? There is no reason to skip this place. Pack your bag and book your tickets as soon as possible. And yes!!! After coming back do not forget to share your experience with us. We have been waiting here…
Stay Tuned For The Latest Updates About The Amazing Places…
You may also like