Hello Guys…I know you have been waiting eagerly to know the next place to visit. Here, we have come up with another blog which is going to explore about the second smallest state after Goa. If there is any guess? If it is Sikkim then you are right. Since it is situated near the Himalayas, you can imagine how beautiful it can be. If you wish to get overwhelmed with the geographical diversity, Sikkim – India is perfect to make a stroll.
It is the only open land border between China and India. The nature blessed state can be divided into the 4 districts East Sikkim, West Sikkim, North and South Sikkim. It is essential to mention here, in order to explore some places you need to get special permit. Well!!! This time there is a lot of stuff in this blog especially for you. Let’s check it out.
PLACES WHICH YOU MUST SEE IN – Sikkim – India
- Himalayan Zoological Park :- if you wish to explore the place nearby Sikkim then you must head towards Himalayan Zoological Park. It is situated in Darjeeling at a short distance and will not take too much time too reach. Here, you may see various birds and animals.
- Khecheopalri Lake :- It is a very sacred place. The meaning of the name of this lake is the heaven of lord Padmasambhaya. It is very adorable and peaceful. You must Visit it.
- Tsango Lake :- this beautiful lake is about 1 km, oval in shape, 15 meters deep and long. People considered is very sacred. And it is visited by numerous visitors and tourists come all across the world.
- Gangtok :- it is the capital of Sikkim and located on a cloudy ridge 5,500 feet above sea level. It is very peaceful. And help you to make your break memorable. The clean city will not let you go easily as it holds a great magic to convince to stay some more days.
- Yuksom and the Dzongri Trail: – Do you know why many people come to Sikkim? Do not have any idea? It is trekking which have always been luring the trekkers towards it. For the tracker’s, it is like a paradise. To have a magnificent view of eye-catching picture, trekking is a wonderful way to follow.
- Namchi:- It’s widely popular for having giant statues. Be it Buddhist or Hindu, they are regarded with respect with both of them.
- Monasteries:- In Sikkim, there is a number of monasteries like Tashiding, Pemayangtse, Rumtek, Karma Kagyu, Old Sanga-choeling monastery etc., Here, many festivals are celebrated.
- Nathu La:- do you wish to see Chinese soldiers? Head to Nathu la which is three hours away from east of Gangtok. In 1962, it closed. For a different kind of experience, it is great.
- Flora and Fauna Sanctuaries:- Since the name is very beautiful, needless to say this sanctuary will be great. As per the statics, there is almost 450 species of birds including 400 species of butterflies, 40 species of rhododendron, 450 varieties of orchids etc.
FAIR AND FESTIVALS OF SIKKIM
- Saga Dawa :- It is one of the prominent festivals . As per mythology, Lord Buddha took birth on this day. The long procession is carried on this day.
- Pang-Lhabsol :- This festival belongs to the worship of the Kangchendzonga range. It is celebrated in the month of August.
- Drukpa Tseshi:- Buddha gave his first preaching at Sarnath and it’s a memorable day among the devotees. This festival is celebrated in the month of August. On this day, prayers are organised in Sikkim.
- Losoong:- In between the month of December and January, Losoong is celebrated in Sikkim on a large scale. Devotees play dance on this prominent day.
- Losar:- Losar is another prominent festival in Tibetan. It is like a New Year and get-to-gather, family parties are organised.
- Tendong Lho Rum Fat: – This festival is celebrated every year in the month of the August and associate to worship of the Tendong hill.
Apart from the above mentioned, there is a long list of the festival of Sikkim including Dasain, Tihar, Magheve Sankranti and so on.
THE TOP 5 THINGS YOU MUST DO IN SIKKIM
- CABLE CAR AND YALK RIDE: – Seeing the world from a great height is automatically very interesting. Cable Car Ride is very popular and brings an opportunity for you. You can catch a number of picturesque views. On the other hand, Yalk Ride is next in this list. The motive behind Yalk Ride is promoting eco-tourism.
- THE NIGHTLIFE AND FAVOURITE DISHES OF SIKKIM: – Though Sikkim is not a metro city, but still its Nightlife let you experience the great time. In Gangtok, there is a number of music clubs, bar, pub etc. are waiting for you. And yes!!! Do not forget to taste local dishes like sisnoo, gundruk ka jhol, fermented soyabean chutney, scrumptious pork curry etc.
- TREKKING IN GOECHA:- if your legs hold enough strength then you must try trekking. For the fun lovers, it is just like a paradise. Your eyes will get pleased seeing a number of wonderful sceneries.
- RIVER RAFTING: – In order to make your journey memorable, you must try River Rafting. In Sikkim, it is very popular among the visitors.
- BIRD WATCHING: – The dense forest has a wide array of birds and their different species. They are enough to enthral you. The colourful birds making ear-pleasing voice will make you fall in love with it.
HOW TO REACH SIKKIM
- BY AIR:- Sikkim does not hold its own airport. The nearest airport is situated in Bagdogra in West Bengal which is about 124 Km from Gangtok.
- BY RAIL: – Since it’s a mountain state, there is no Railway Station in this area. The nearest Railway Station is located at New Jalpaiguri in West Bengal.
- BY ROAD:- Sikkim is well connected to Siliguri and Darjeeling by road.
You may also like