Do you wish to explore a place which can make you feel as same as the heaven on earth? If your answer is in affirmative then why do you make a visit to Sonmarg? It is one of the very popular and most visited hill stations of Jammu and Kashmir. Sonmarg – A Golden Touch To Life
Sonmarg – A Golden Touch To Life
Saying would not be wrong that it adds as an icing on the cake to the beauty of Jammu and Kashmir. It is a gateway to the magical land of Ladakh. So, if you are a nature lover as well as adventure seeker then you must go ahead for making a stroll to this popular hill resort. Sonmarg – A Golden Touch To Life
Reasons To Visit
It is located 85 km from Srinagar and very popular because of Thajiwas Glacier, which connects Kashmir to Ladakh region. Apart from it, Sonamarg is the starting point for Amaranth Yatra which hold great importance for the pilgrims. Every year a number of pilgrims take part in this yatra. During Yatra a heavy crowd can be seen. To enjoy the picturesque scenery of Himalaya, you must head to this place as it is very close to this mountain range.
Must Visit Places
- Walnut Orchards: – Do not forget to visit Walnut Orchards? If you do not know anything about how this fruit grow on a tree then you must visit. You feel quite incredible seeing the freshly plucked walnut.
- Baltal Valley: – How anyone can ignore this beautiful Baltal Valley, which is situated adjacent to the banks of the Sindh River near Sonamarg. You must add to your list, which you must visit.
- Gangabal Lake: – This Lake explores a beautiful story of self-realization as it very peaceful and allow you to know yourself from inside. It is located in the foothills of the Harmukh Mountain. And it nearly 2.5 km long and a kilometre wide. Forgetting Gangabal Lake will not allow as it is one of the must-visit places.
- Satsaran Pass: – It adds a wide chuck to the beauty of Sonmarg. This mountain pass is situated at the height of 3680 metres above the sea level and you must explore it if you wish to get enthralled. If you love trekking then why do not you go for it? Sonmarg – A Golden Touch To Life
- Thajiwas Glacier: – When it comes about the prominent tourist attraction of Sonamarg the name of Thajiwas Glacier comes first in the mind. So would you not love to get acquainted with the natural beauty of this beautiful region? I am sure no one will deny. Sonmarg – A Golden Touch To Life
- Zoji La Pass:- This mountain passage, is located on the national highway which play a wide role to connect Srinagar to Leh. It is at the height of 11575 feet. You must go for visiting this place.
- Krishnasar Lake: – Though it is already very beautiful, but having snow-laden mountains and alpine forests make a bit beautiful. Skipping this marvellous lake would not be allowed for a visitor who never wish to skip enthralling places. Sonmarg – A Golden Touch To Life
- Nichinai Pass: – It is located 13 km away from the Sonmarg. It is very beautiful and will make you fall in love with it. It is another must-visit place which one should not forget to make a stroll.
- Vishansar Lake: – Having beautiful mountain decorated with snow makes this beautiful water body very lovely and attractive. To fetch the peace of mind, you must go for exploring this lovely place.
- Satsar Lake: – It is another very popular Lake of Sonmarg. It is situated on the height of 3600 metres above the sea level. Visiting this place will enthral you completely. Sonmarg – A Golden Touch To Life
- Nilagrad: – Here you can explore Mountain River having red shade meet to Indus River. To distress you must come and take a dip in this love water body. It will heal you within no time.
- Yusmarg: – if you are finding a place to go for a picnic with your friends and family, then stop hunting as Yusmarg is all set to take you on a lovely ride. It is very beautiful. Sonmarg – A Golden Touch To Life
BEST TIME TO REACH SONAMARG
- Though it is an ideal place to explore throughout the year, but the peak season is considered in between the month of April to October. Sonmarg – A Golden Touch To Life
- During July and August, a heavy pilgrim’s traffic can be seen because of Amaranth yatra. So, you may avoid your visit during these months if not comfortable with the heavy crowd. Sonmarg – A Golden Touch To Life
Things To Do
- What To Eat : Here, you must not miss to taste some very popular and delicious cuisine like Syoon Olav, Gogji, Monji , Muj Gaad, Modur Pulaav , Kaanti, Marcha-Wangan korma, Nadir-Haaq and Matschgand. These all are the name of very popular dishes which you must not miss at any rate.
- What To Shop :- Here, you can buy exquisite Kashmiri handicraft which you may gift to your loved one or decorate your house on your own. Sonmarg – A Golden Touch To Life
- What for fun :- This thing which you must forget is trekking as a number of visitors come here only for enjoying trekking. So, why should not you enjoy this? Sonmarg – A Golden Touch To Life
HOW TO REACH SONAMARG
- By Air: – Srinagar International Airport is the neared International Airport which to reach Sonamarg since it is 80 km away. This airport is conveniently connected to other major cities of the country.
- By Train: – And the closest railway station is Srinagar Railway Station which is well connect of major cities Chennai, Mumbai and Delhi. Once you reach, taxi service is available to take you to the desired place.
- By Road: – This place is also connected by road. The Jammu and Kashmir State Road Transport corporation buses are engaged to serve the best service. To make your trip comfortable, deluxe buses are also available.
I hope many of you have made your mood to book your ticket to Sonmarg. That’s great. Since this place is considered perfect to visit throughout the year you are allowed to go whenever you wish to take a break from your busy life.
Here, we are waiting for your comments and feedback if we have missed something important to add in this blog.
Stay connected with JiyoPalPal.
Have A Happy Reading ….:)
You may also like