Jammu and Kashmir is a true amalgamation of marvellous cities. Apart from the beautiful cities like Pahalgam and Sonamarg, Udhampur is the fourth largest city of this state which portray a wide ground to spice up its beauty. This beautiful city is loaded with lush green eucalyptus trees and the foothills of Shivalik ranges.
Udhampur – Jammu and Kashmir
Well!!! If you are searching for the important information regarding Udhampur to have a hassle-free journey, then you are at the right place. This blog is stuffed with all necessary information which you are looking for. Let’s have a look.Udhampur – Jammu and Kashmir
Why To Visit Udhampur
- It is the northern command headquarters of Indian Army.Udhampur – Jammu and Kashmir
- It is not only amazing place, but hold great religious value as well.Udhampur – Jammu and Kashmir
- There is a number of places to make stroll like Devika Ghats, Gole Market, Ramnagar Chowk, and Jhakani Park and so on.Udhampur – Jammu and Kashmir
A Little Introduction Of Udhampur
- Here, there is the majority of people who believe in Hindu religion. Udhampur – Jammu and Kashmir
- This beautiful place holds seven tehsils and seven blocks which are categorized into panchayats.
- Dogra community is widely popular here. Apart from it, Gujjars and Bakharwals are another name of the prominent community. Udhampur – Jammu and Kashmir
- In winters, it is getting decorated with a fair amount of snowfall which adds a lot of beauty to this place.
- It is blessed by nature as main river like Chenab, Ujh, Tawi and Ans flow here as well as the soil is rich in minerals and generate good profit to the farmers.Udhampur – Jammu and Kashmir
- Udhampur culture is called Pahari culture that means associate to the mountains. In some parts, Dogri culture is followed.Udhampur – Jammu and Kashmir
- Saying would not be wrong that Udhampur culture cannot be explored in some words or one-line sentence as it is the amalgamation of various cultures like Pahari, Dogri culture. Udhampur – Jammu and Kashmir
- All kinds of Hindu festivals are celebrated here like Holi, Raksha Bandhan, Maha Shivratri, Dussehra, Diwali etc. Udhampur – Jammu and Kashmir
- It does not matter which kind of festival is about to come as people celebrate all festivals without minding the community or cultural gap.Udhampur – Jammu and Kashmir
What You Must Not Miss Here
Udhampur has a number of temples and Hindu shrines which make this place sacred as well. Vaishno Devi Mata Temple is one of the major attractions which lure the visitor come here throughout the year.
- Sudh Mahadev and Mantalai Temple: – As the name of temple reveals that it belongs to the goddess Parvati. Actually, she used to worship Lord Shiva in this temple. Here, you will find a small pond which is called Gauri Kund. In this pond, she would take bath and then worship Lord Shiva. If you are scheduling visit to Udhampur then you must visit this marvellous temple which is hold great value. People come here all around the year. It is very popular among the pilgrims having great faith in Lord Shiva. Mantalai Temple is the witness of the wedding of Lord Shiva and Parvati.Udhampur – Jammu and Kashmir
- Naina Devi: – it is another shrine which is situated around 5 km away from Mantalai. Since it is nestled green deodar trees, one can see the breath-taking views from the hill top which you may not forget throughout the life. Udhampur – Jammu and Kashmir
- Pingla Mata: – Since it is located in Pinger Village, it got its name Pingla Mata. It is located 20 km away from Udhampur. Udhampur – Jammu and Kashmir
- Devika River: – In India Rivers have always been regarded with respect. And when it comes about Devika things become more valuable as it is considered the younger sister of the Ganges. As per the Nilmat puran which was written in the 7th century, Devika River belongs to the incarnation of goddess Parvati. It is also believed that touching this river can make all your wishes fulfilled. IT is regarded as same as Ganga. If the one is cremated on its bank, it is as same as similar to get cremated at the bank of Ganga. Here you stay for a night as private accommodation is available. Udhampur – Jammu & Kashmir
- The Temples of Kiramchi:-this beautiful temple is situated 12 km away from Udhampur. This temple is the true infusion of five temples and two small shrines. It is believed that the Pandavas laid the foundation of this temple. In Udhampur, it is a must visit place. Udhampur – Jammu & Kashmir
- Ramnagar Fort:- One should explore this fort as it adds beauty and charm to this place. It was the property of Raja Suchet Singh, who was the great art lover. Apart from Ramnagar Fort, the constructed Nawa Mahal, Purana Mahal and Sheesh Mahal which already known for its beauty and incredible architecture. At this fort, there is a Samadhi of queen Raja Suchet Singh, who performed SATI after death of Suchet Singh. Now it has been renovated by state tourism. Udhampur – Jammu & Kashmir
- Moungri Temple: – It is another temple belong to Lord Shiva. It was also called Sonara which means a land having hundred water sprints. As per Hindu Mythology, it was the kingdom of Nag Devta. It is must-visit place of Udhampur. One should not miss it at any rate. Udhampur – Jammu & Kashmir
- Patnitop: – It is hill station perfect to explore to experience something great. It is covered with thick deodar trees. For the adventure lovers, it is an ideal place. Here, you can enjoy paragliding. For long evening walks, you may head to Chenab River where you can get indulged with incredible peace of mind.
- Kali Mata Mandir: It belongs to Goddess Kali that is why it is called Kali Mata Mandir.
- Vaishno Devi: People come here throughout the year as it holds significant religious value.
- Mansar Lake: It is very beautiful and pamper your mind with incredible peace of mind. One can experience the peace and nature both at the same time. Udhampur – Jammu & Kashmir
- Pancheri: This beautiful hill station adds a glam to this city. Pleasant weather lures the people here to come again and again. Udhampur – Jammu & Kashmir
Let’s Know About The Best Time to Visit Udhampur
In between the month of April to June temperature remains here pleasant as it stays in between 25 to 35 degree Celsius. In summer, temperatures may rise to 38 degree, but not more than it. If you plan scheduling a visit during the month of July, August and September, then you must be ready to get showered in the rain. Avoid go into the winter season as temperature may go below 0 degree. Udhampur – Jammu & Kashmir
How To Reach Udhampur Udhampur – Jammu & Kashmir
- By Air – It is not possible to reach by Air as there is no nearest Airport.
- By Train: – Udhampur holds its own railway station. It is well connected to major cities of the country.
- By Bus: – Frequent bus service is available at a reasonable fare. You may also private taxi if the bus is not convenient for you. Udhampur – Jammu & Kashmir
You may also like