Hair loss is probably one problem at this moment that is bothering each and every one in the world. Be it males or females, young or old, nobody is able to escape the trap of hair loss due to increasing hair fall. Reasons of hair fall may vary from a stressed lifestyle, medical ailment, pollution, unhealthy diet, unhygienic surroundings to applying chemical treatments and beauty products.
If you are also sailing in the same boat as majority of people, then rushing to a dermatologist will only be of little help. Ultimately what is going to help you is some wise and dedicated hair care which none other than you have to give to yourself. Here are a few things that you should start doing right away to prevent hair loss as well as hair fall. And starting these when you would have already lost lot of your precious locks is not advisable. So set yourself out and take the first step towards your not so complex but extremely essential day to day hair care!
- Give yourself a head massage everyday – Massage your scalp gently using fingertips. Do it as a daily habit and you will find tremendous improvements in a few weeks. Massaging the scalp improves blood circulation and activates hair follicles. Since it is not practically possible to oil your head every day, a simple massage can be of great help.
- Make exercise a habit – Exercising three to five times a week is the best thing we could do for a healthy body including strong and shiny hair. It improves blood circulation in the entire body. For reducing hairfall, physical as well as breathing exercises, both are of great importance. A word of caution here is that you will not see the results within days or weeks of starting your exercise regime. This is a long term process and may take several months to show results.
- Hot oil massage – Any oil such as olive oil, coconut oil or gooseberry oil can be used for this purpose. Heat it a little and gently massage on your scalp. Now wrap a towel around your head for about an hour and then wash off with a shampoo. Doing this two times a week is of immense help in getting rid of hairfall problems.
- Maintain hygiene of scalp – It is extremely important to keep your scalp as well as hair clean. If you have been believing that shampooing often will lead to hair fall then I must bust this myth. Maintaining a proper hygiene of the scalp is very essential of healthy hair. Keeping them soggy, untidy or even not combing them properly everyday provokes hairfall.
- Ensure a healthy platter – Falling hair signifies a lot more than hair problems. It is also indicative of other health problems that you could possibly be suffering from. To effectively check hairfall, it is necessary that you take a wholesome diet. Your meals should be specifically rich in iron, calcium, vitamin B, zinc and specially protein since our hair are made up of protein. Also you should not forget to drink lots of water in order to keep your body hydrated.
- Apply natural juices/pulps – Natural juices made out of onion, aloevera, garlic, ginger etc. when applied on scalp overnight prove to be very effective in combating hair loss due to hair fall. You can even apply some pulp of some fruits and vegetables to your hair such as banana, papaya and tomato but these should be washed after keeping for a couple of hours. Besides preventing hair fall, these promote hair growth.
- Keep away from too much hairstyling – Style is good but not at the cost of your hair! Too much blow drying, perming, straightening, ironing and similar type of hair stylings cause a lot of damage to hair from tips to roots. It is suggested that those who want shiny, strong hair should keep away from these stylings. However, if occasionally one is required to do that then you must take good post-styling care for which you should consult your stylist.
- Avoid chemical treatments or cosmetics – Today market is full of chemical based cosmetic and treatment products which come at exorbitant prices. These do nothing besides further mangling your already falling hair. So my personal advice is to skip out on all these serums, shampoos, conditioners, straightening gels and so on. Rather go for a natural shampoo and a conditioner. That should be all!
- Switch to or stick to natural home remedies – If you haven’t known about the power of home remedies, then its high time that you did some research on this and imbibe in your daily life. If you have already been using a few natural home-remedies, then its really good. Just stick to them. They are far much better in restricting hair fall when compared to chemical based products and therapies available outside. Let me present one such highly effective home remedy to prevent hair loss for you.
Ingredients: 1 tablespoon of dried amla powder , 1 tablespoon of shikakai powder,4 tablespoon of henna powder,1 cup of curd,1 egg
Method: Mix all the above mentioned ingredients to form a fine paste and apply to your hair in roots as well as strands. Keep for about an hour and a half before washing with a shampoo. This remedy is the best multi-purpose remedy which makes your hair stronger, healthier, shinier and black if done once every week.
- Meditate – Stress is one major cause of hairfall these days. Relieve all the stress and tensions by meditating regularly. Once you meditate, you will see that it actually works in reducing hair fall as well.
You may also like