Most people nowadays are struggling between personal issues and work stress which has become too obvious these days. Most modern day women prefer to work rather than stay at home as an implication of which they get to spend lesser time at home. In such cases, due to shortage of time or inability to manage time between office and home, problems of being able to maintain a healthy balance between the two may arise. Initially things may not seem so severe but if these are not resolved in time, the problems may aggravate further.
Here we bring for you some very precise and useful tips that will help you strike a perfect balance between work and family.
- Love your life – Life is to be lived to the fullest. Do not waste even a bit of it, rather, do what you love doing the most. Pamper yourself. Occasional indulgence is acceptable. Also try to gain a sense of fulfillment and satisfaction within yourself. Make yourself feel happy.
- Love your work – There are two options here. First alternative is that you can make a profession out of what you love doing. The second alternative is that you should love whatever your profession is. This will bring a feeling of contentment in you. Being at displeasure with your profession can also invite a lot of emotional turmoil and imbalance in your life. So accept the struggles that come your way and move ahead with a cheerful heart.
- Stay fit – Being physically unfit also leads to inability to create a healthy balance between work and home. When you are not fit physically, you may feel lazy, lethargic and tired at most of the times. Hence, you will be low on energy and not able to accomplish your tasks efficiently, be it your home of workplace. However, if you keep healthy and energetic by eating well and exercising regularly then life will actually be quite easier for you.
- Decide your priorities – Many a times you will face situations of conflict between your personal and professional life. For instance, there is a deadline in the office but your child is unwell. Both the situations need your presence and involvement. What to do in certain situations? To be able to be strong in situations like this, you must decide your priorities in advance and stick to them. You will have to tell yourself that one them is more important than the other.
- Take breaks occasionally – Intermittent breaks from work are not only important but essential. Leaving every morning for office and every evening for home makes life extremely monotonous. Promise yourself a quality vacation of atleast a week in every six months to break the monotony. Life will seem to be very fresh!
- Experiment with your schedule – You have been following that same old routine since years but it may not be without its problems. Try shaping out a new schedule for yourself. Follow it for a few days. If you don’t find it suitable enough then make changes. Experiment and explore. Things might not turn out to be perfect at all times but putting your best effort is important.
- Learn to stay organized – Keeping yourself and your stuff organized is very essential, both at office and at home. Developing this habit can be a great time and energy saver.
- Random imperfection is acceptable – It’s not possible for everybody to be perfect at all times. Accept the fact that you too can be imperfect and even messy on rare occasions.
- Reward yourself – When you achieve the goals set by you for yourself then you must reward yourself too. Not only because you are worthy of it but also because they keep you motivated in future. Rewards also make doing things more exciting both at work and at home.
- It’s okay to take help from family and friends at times – Do not take all the workload on your own. At times, taking help from friends, family and colleagues is just all right. When there is a need for you both at home and at office, you may delegate your task at either of the place to someone else. Even though you are capable of managing everything on your own, support from your close ones only makes things simpler for you.