Who does not love to travel? There would be hardly anyone who does not love travelling. Travelling is necessary to find out who we really are and where we actually belong. Nothing can be as peaceful as travelling to a new place. Every place has something which can change the way look at things and life. So, if you need a change from your monotonous routine then my friend what you need to do is travel. 5 Best places to visit in Jaipur
5 Best places to visit in Jaipur
If you want to travel to same place new, then you can pay a visit to pink city that is Jaipur. It holds a lot for tourists from historical monuments to fun places. The city is known for its narrow streets, vibrant colors, breathtaking views and lot more. 5 Best places to visit in Jaipur
Here, in this article we will uncover 5 best places you should not miss when you visit Jaipur. So, here are the 5 best places to visit in Jaipur. 5 Best places to visit in Jaipur
1.City Palace – The palace was constructed by Sawai Jai Singh II between 1729 and 1732 AD. He was the ruler in Amber. City Palace constitutes of two palaces that are Chandra Mahal and Mubarak Mahal. You will also see a beautiful museum there; Chandra Mahal is converted into a museum. All the products that depict cultural heritage and show diversity of the kingdom are kept in the Mahal. But the major and greatest part of this Mahal is still kept as the royal residence. 5 Best places to visit in Jaipur
Why you should not miss seeing City Palace?
- The beautiful view of Pink city from this Palace is unbeatable, as it leaves you awestruck with its magnificent glow.
- It has Pritam Niwas Chowk in its inner courtyard.
- It also has Diwan-i-Aam that is the Hall of Public Audience.
- Diwan-i-Khas is also there in the palace which is the Hall of Private Audience.
- The residence of the royal queens which is now converted into museum is Maharani Palace.
- A temple dedicated to Lord Krishna, Govind Dev Ji Temple.
2. Jantar Mantar Observatory – The best observatory you are going to see is Jantar Mantar. This observatory is ranked among the topmost observatories in the world. It was built during the ruling period of Maharaja Jai Singh II. It has the largest sundial of the world. The king was very interested in astronomy, philosophy and architecture so the observatory is built on his keen interests. It is the largest observatory in our country, India.
Why you should not miss seeing Jantar Mantar Observatory?
5 Best places to visit in Jaipur
- Geometric devices are available there which are used to measure the time and observe constellations and it is also used to observe orbits around the biggest stars. 5 Best places to visit in Jaipur
- It is a must visit place for all those who are interested in astronomy as it has astrological instruments from all over the world. 5 Best places to visit in Jaipur
- The observatory contains nineteen amazing instruments.
3. Hawa Mahal – It is one of the most renowned places in Jaipur which is famous for its winds. It is considered to be the most prominent tourist location in Jaipur. Many people visit this place to witness the magic of winds. And, the best part is that it is located in the heart of the city. Hawa Mahal is a five story palace which was constructed in 1799. It was built under the rule of Maharaja Sawai Pratap Singh; the king belonged to Kacchwaha Rajput dynasty. The most significant highlight of the palace is its pyramid shape. Sawai Pratap Singh was a devotee of Lord Krishna to show his love for Lord he built this beautiful palace. 5 Best places to visit in Jaipur
Why you should not miss seeing Hawa Mahal?
- It is constructed in the form of crown of Lord Krishna.
- It has 953 windows which are highly and gracefully decorated with intricate interior designs and carvings. These windows are also referred to as Jharokhas.
- The main reason behind building this palace was to facilitate the royal women which were kept under purdah system a view of outside daily life through the windows, so that they can get an idea what is going on around. This way the King wanted to provide the royal women a sense of freedom.
- The entrance of the Mahal is from a door which leads you to a well spacious courtyard. The courtyard is surrounded by the two-storey buildings on three sides of the palace.
- The Mahal does not have stairs to go up to the top fifth floor. The floors are connected via slopes.
- The excellent view of Pink City can be mesmerized from Hawa Mahal.
4. Amer Fort – It is also known as Amber Fort because the fort is situated in a town called Amber. It is considered to be one of the most famous tourist forts of Jaipur. The capital of Rajasthan before Jaipur was this place called Amber where Amer fort is actually located. The fort is very old as it was built in 1592. It was built under the rule of Raja Man Singh. Some people also call this for as Amer Palace. Despite of being so old, it is beautiful from both inside and outside. It has various prominent buildings in it. 5 Best places to visit in Jaipur
- Why you should not miss seeing Amer fort?
- The fort has Diwan-i-Aam, Sheesh Mahal and Sukh Mahal in it.
- It is influenced by both Hindu and Muslim architecture.
- Shila Devi Temple and Ganesh Pol is present inside the fort.
- The main entrance to the fort is through the Suraj Pol which leads you to the main courtyard.
5. Albert Hall Museum in Jaipur – The oldest museum present in Jaipur is Albert Hall Museum. It is also called as Government Central Museum. It was built in year 1868 by Maharaja Sawai Ram Singh II. The design and architecture of the museum resembles to the Victoria and Albert museum present in London.
Why you should not miss seeing Albert Hall Museum?
- The museum contains the famous Persian Golden Carpet. The carpet was purchased from Persian King Shah Abbas by Mirza Raj Jai Singh.
- It has interesting collections of tribal costumes, jewelry, metals, weapons, sculptures etc.
So, if you are an art lover and want to see how people lived in ancient times, then do visit these 5 places in Jaipur.