Do you remember Deepika Padukone and Amitabh Starrer movie PIKU? On which topic it was based? Yes!!! You are right it was all about Constipation. No, there is no need to take it as a joke or need to laugh over this topic. There are many people who have been suffering from constipation for a long time.Constipation Symptoms and Causes
Constipation Symptoms and Causes
No one wishes to talk about this problem as it may feel them embarrassing, but actually it is not that kind of topic. It belongs to your health and that is the major reason which push us to unearth more about it. And today we have come up with the same topic to shed light on it.Constipation Symptoms and Causes
What Does It Mean By Constipation
In simple words, when you do not find yourself able to pass the stool easily. You may experience pain while starting or completing bowel movement. If your bowel is not getting completely empty. It does not belong to a particular age, which mean constipation can affect anyone without considering the age. Constipation Symptoms and Causes
It affects your bowel movement means it becomes difficult. Apart from it, bowel movement occurs less. No, it is not serious at all but it can lead to serious conditions like piles if not treated at the right time.
When constipation goes away, you feel much better. The taken time for bowel movement is varied person to person. If you did not go for a bowel movement more than 3 days then it becomes quite harder and it becomes very difficult to pass Constipation Symptoms and Causes
Let’s Know About The Symptoms Of Constipation
- Small or Hard stools
- Abdominal pain
- Swollen abdomen
- Feeling pain while passing out the stools
- Straining at the time of bowel movements.
- If you have not pooped for the last three to five days.
- Stomach aches
Why Constipation Occurs
There are many reason behind occurring constipation. Here, they all have been mentioned. Take a look.
- If you do not love to be active.
- If you are skipping water and the enough amount of fiber in your diet.
- If your bowel muscles are weak.
- Pregnancy is also one of the reason.
- Stress can also be a reason of having constipation.
- Because of change in diet.
- Because of change in activities
- Due to colon cancer
- If you eat a lot of dairy product then the chance of having constipation gets rise.
- Taking medicine contained the aluminium and calcium content.
- Eating disorder is another reason to go through this problem.
- Not taking enough liquid. Constipation Symptoms and Causes
How It Is Diagnosed
- You will be advised for blood tests in order to come to know about the hormone levels.
- Apart from it, you may ask for Colonoscopy to check out if there is any blockages in your colon.
What Should You Do
Drink water as much as you can since it keeps your body hydrated as well as helps to make the stool smoother. In the morning, take warm liquid. You must add fruits, bran cereal and raw vegetables to your diet. You must do exercise to make your body active and fit. You must avoid junk food having lots of spice and oil.
Home Remedies For Constipation
- You may not believe but it is true that honey works as a mild laxative. You may take it daily to treat it. The thing you need to do is take two teaspoons of honey three times in a day. Not only this, you may try this take one glass of warm water and add honey and lemon juice. Mix it well. As per your choice, you may take it alone or with lemon juice. Constipation Symptoms and Causes
- We all know that lemon has always been a great thing to treat the unfit stomach. And it is very helpful to treat constipation. Take one glass warm water and add 2 tablespoons of lemon juice. To make it a bit tastier, add a pinch of salt. Constipation Symptoms and Causes
- Mint and ginger tea is also helpful to prevent constipation. It plays a wide role to alleviate a slew of digestive problems. Ginger warms the body which helps to speed up the digestion. The hot mint or ginger tea works a lot to stimulate digestion. Preparing mint and ginger tea do not take too much time to get prepared.
- Take coffee as it works a lot if you have constipation. But keep in mind that your coffee should be hot. Taking coffee stimulates colon. Constipation Symptoms and Causes
- Molasses is another home remedy in this list. You just need to take one tablespoon of blackstrap molasses just before going for bed. Actually, it holds vitamins and minerals which serve you excellent relief to your constipation. Constipation Symptoms and Causes
- Castor oil is also very helpful as it stimulates the large and small intestines both. You need to take one to two teaspoons without taking anything in the morning. Though the taste of castor oil is nasty, but it really works a lot. Constipation Symptoms and Causes
- Take fibre as much as you can like prunes, pears, oatmeal, figs, beans etc. They are good and high in soluble fibre. If you have not constipation even then you should take it since it prevents you to go through this disease.
- Fish oil is loaded with Omega-3 fatty acids which works magically to cure the constipation within very short span of time. Constipation Symptoms and Causes
So, no need to bear this problem more if home remedies are available to bring relief. So, what are you waiting for? Go ahead and try them. Constipation Symptoms and Causes
Apart from the above mentioned home remedies, you also need to pay attention over your life style. Take dairy products, but in a limit. You must avoid junk food and do exercise as much as you can do. Drink plenty of water daily as it takes toxins out of your body and keep you hydrated. Constipation Symptoms and Causes
Stay Fit And Healthy….
Have A Happy Reading…
You may also like