How many of you love to explore the wildlife on TV channels like History, Geography and so on. Oh!!!That’s great. There are many who are passionate and hold great passion to know more about the wildlife. But why should you always go along with TV. Would it not be right to explore closely. If your answer is YES!!! Then, all the nature lovers must schedule their visit to Corbett National Park. Today, we are going to explore about it.
A LITTLE BIT ABOUT JIM CORBETT NATIONAL PARK
As the name reveals, it’s a park belongs to animals. But Jim Corbett National Park is unique in many ways. First of all, it’s known as the paradise of Tigers as there is a large population of tigers. The breathtaking landscapes holds a wide array of flora and fauna. Being a first national park of India, it is rewarded as a proud destinations established in 1936. In India Jim Corbett National Park situated in hill state of Uttarakhand and has always been a special place among all wildlife enthusiasts. To have the glorious sights of the Indian Tigers, nothing can be better than visiting Jim Corbett National Park.
THE 5 REASONS TO VISIT CORBETT NATIONAL PARK
There are a number of things to attract you. Here, we are going to describe the things which lure you towards it.
- A wide collection of plant to leave you speechless. The beautiful and thick forest of Sal trees adds value to Corbett National Park. Apart from it, there is enormous species Bel, Mahua, Kusum, Jamun, and Amla to explore.
- The stunning exotic birds, Royal Bengal Tigers and much more is enough to enthrall you.
- And the natural beauty of Corbett National Park will leave you speechless.
- There are 3 different types of Jungle Safari including car, elephant and horse to explore Corbett National Park.
- For the fun lovers, there is rappelling, trekking and mountaineering to take you another world.
WHAT IS ALL ABOUT THE 5 MAJOR ATTRACTIONS
Jim Corbett National Park holds around 50 mammals, 577 birds and 25 reptiles. Let’s have a look.
- Fishes:- Those who love fishes can see multiple fish species like Goonch, Indian trout, Golden Mahseer and Rohu.
- Reptiles:- Cobra, Tortise, Russell’s Viper, Kraits, Garial crocodile, Mugger crocodile, Indian Python, King Cobra, Indian Pythons, Monitor Lizard and Turtles. These are the name of the species of Reptiles.
- Birds:- There are many species which can be categorised into 5 categories; Water-birds, Birds of Prey, Night Birds, Woodland Birds and Air Birds. There is a wide array of birds which you must not skip. Here, you can see White-Capped Redstart, Sandpipers, Snipe, Great black-headed Gull. Himalayan Vulture, peregrine falcon, Crested Swifts, the Dusky Crag Martin, Striated Swallows, the Indian Cliff Shallow, and the Wire-tailed Swallow
- Mammals:- There is a wide array of mammlas like Yellow-throated martens, Himalayan goral, Indian pangolins, Barking deer, Sambar deer, Hog deer, Chital, Sloth, Himalayan black bears, Indian grey mongoose, otters and so on.
- Flora:– Sal, Sheesam, Bael, Ber, Dhak and much more will attract you and perfect to have you unique experience.
THE 8 MAJOR THINGS WHICH YOU SHOULD KEEP IN MIND AT THE TIME OF VISITING
- The visitor will not be entertained with their pets inside the Corbett National Park
- After Sunset, Driving is not allowed.
- Cooking is not allowed inside the park.
- And smoking is strictly prohibited.
- For fishing, you have to take permission from authorized department.
- You are not allowed to enjoy music inside the park.
- Tourists are not entertained to spend time more than what they are allowed.
- Shouting, teasing and chasing is not allowed.
THE DIFFERENT 5 ZONES IN CORBETT NATIONAL PARK
Corbett National Park holds different Zones which have been described below to add more in your knowledge. Let’s check out which season would be right to explore these zones.
- Jhirna Zone :- This zone is perfect to visit throughout the year. This zone is blessed with the best scenic beauty.
- Dhikala Zone :- It remains open in between the month of November 15th to June 15th. And it is a great place to spot Bengal Tiger, Cheetahs, elephants, etc.
- Bijrani Zone :- This another zone which you can visit in between the month of October 1st to 30th June. For mixed topography, nothing can be great than Bijrani Zone.
- Sonandi Zone :- Visitors can visit it anytime. It remains open throughout the year. Here, you can expect to see Tigers, Asiatic Elephants and many other species.
- Durga Devi Zone:- you may schedule your visit in between the month of November 15th to June 15th
OTHER PLACES TO YOU MUST SEE
After exploring the Corbett National Park, there are many places adjacent to this park and which you must not skip to visit like Garjiya Devi Temple, Stiabani Forest Reserve, Sitabani Temple, Corbett Museum, Dhangari Museum, Corbett Water Fall and Sunrise Point.
BEST TIME TO VISIT CORBETT NATIONAL PARK
When it comes about the Corbett National Park then it can be divided into three sections.
- Winter:- if you are going to make your visit in winter then you must schedule your visit in between in the month of November to February.
- Summer:- March to June is the perfect to explore Corbett National Park.
- Monsoon:- And in this season, you may go along in between the month of July to October.
HOW TO REACH CORBETT NATIONAL PARK
- By Air – Pantnagar and IGI is the nearest airport to Corbett National Park.
- By Rail – Ramnagar serves as headquarters to the Corbett National Park and it is well connection to the major cities of the country. Trains service is available from Delhi to Ramnagar.
- By Bus – Tourists can reach Corbett National Park by bus as well. In Delhi, direct bus service is available from Anand Vihar ISBT and Kashmiri Gate ISBT, Delhi. Apart from it, you may hire private vehicles as well.
So, if you are all set to make a stroll at Jim Corbett National Park? I hope the above mentioned information will be very useful for you.