Kashmir is called paradise of the world. But do you have any idea about the place which is regarded as the Paradise of srinagar? …..Have you got Confused….? Gulmarg – Kashmir
Well!!! No need to contemplate more as we are going to disclose. It is Gulmarg. If the name of the place is pretty much beautiful, you can imagine about the place.
The snow-capped stunning mountains, lush greenery, peaceful environment, sacred religious places, sweet people, neat and clean blue sky, wide ground without having any garbage and much more. The beauty of Gulmarg cannot be explored through words, as it can only be imagined.
If you wish to feel it or going to make your plan to visit Gulmarg, you must go through the whole article scripting the beautiful story regarding Gulmarg. For the visitors, it is very useful.
Here Is Why To Visit Gulmarg – Kashmir
- To go through the exceptional beauty, nothing can be better than Gulmarg all across the country.
- For bird watching, you must head to the Biosphere Reserve.
- For the golf lovers, there is the golf course one of the highest altitude golf course in the world.
- In summer, it is a great place to treat your eye with incredible Himalayan views.
- During January to march, Gulmarg becomes the premier ski destination for the fun lovers as the price are too resemble.
- To lure more and more visitors, Gulmarg serves cable car riding.
Must To Visit Places
The 3 Ideal Places For Kids & Family :- In this section, we are going to cite the popular places best for visiting along with kids and family members.
- Gulmarg Biosphere Reserve: – It covers 180 sq. km and hols a number of rare species of avifauna, flora and fauna. It is situated at an altitude varying between 2400 and 4,300 meters above sea level.
- Strawberry Valley:- Would not you love to taste the fresh and delicious strawberry? Heading Strawberry valley is a good idea to make your journey memorable. Visiting this place with kids and family is great as the strawberry valley is all set to take you another world closed-to-nature.
- Alpather Lake: – To get oozed with stunning natural attraction, visiting Alpather Lake is essential. The Rocky Mountains will take your heart away.
The 3 Major Destinations To Pamper Your Spiritual Inclination
Those who are looking for religious places in Gulmarg, no need to get disappointed as there are three major religious points.
- Shrine Of Baba Reshi :- It was established in the 13th century and dedicated to Muslim scholar and saint. It is visited by a number of devotees all around the world to get blessed. Here, you can reach by road. This place is sacred as Baba Reshi did mediations and prayers at this place.
- The Maharani Temple: – This temple belongs to Lord Shiva. The Maharani Temple holds glorious history with itself.
- St. Mary’s Church:- it is another place to attract visitors on a large scale. It looks beautiful as it is blessed with lofty alpine trees. One who is going to visit Gulmarg must go for visiting St. Mary’s Church.
5 Incredible Places To Explore Nature Closely
Many of you have been looking for the best places to get relaxed. Gulmarg holds some quite interesting places to lure the visitors.
- Gulmarg Biosphere Reserve:- This reserve covers 180 sq km having a wide array of common and rare species both. It located 2400 to 4300 meters above sea level.
- Ningle Nallah:- The greenery and beautiful mountains will take your heart away. You will not love to leave this place easily. IT is quite peaceful and relax your mind within no time. The snow-capped mountains catch your wide attention.
- Ferozepur Nallah: – Nature has always been a great to life up the mood and Ferozepur Nallah is ideal to choose situated in Gulmarg. It is decorated with beautiful pine trees, stunning snow-capped mountains and lush meadow. For spending quality time with family and friends, it is a great place.
- Apharwat Peak: – It is another must-to-visit place situated at 4200 m above the sea level. If you love skiing then why should you stop yourself?
- Seven springs: – I am sure you would not wish to miss the place can give you a great treat to your eyes. To explore the mesmerizing sight, seven springs is a great place to head.
Things To Do In Gulmarg
- Enjoy Gondola Ride/Lift: – Though you may have already enjoyed a number of cable car ride but without enjoying a Gondola Ride Gulmarg visit will not be considered complete. It takes you over the incredible pine woods, lush green hills and picturesque surroundings nearly a height of 2690m and can be get increased up to 3090 m.
- Must To Take Part in Snow Sports: – For the fun and snow sports lovers, Gulmarg is just as same as paradise. In winter, the beauty of this beautiful place rich to the peak and leave the visitors speechless. Whether you are a professional or a beginners, enjoying snow sport is allowed for both of them.
- Gulmarg Golf Club For Pampering hobby: – It was built in 1911 by the British. It is known as the heights green golf course of the country. You can take membership even for one day.
Fair & Festivals in Gulmarg
- Gulmarg snow festival is one of the major festivals and quite popular among the visitors. It is organised in the month of February.
- Apart from it, Christmas and Easter are celebrated in Gulmarg with a great pomp and show.
- To enhance the ratio of adventure, various types of events and competition like snow-boarding, snow sledging, ice skating, skiing etc., are organised.
Best Time To Visit Gulmarg
There is no best time as you are allowed to go there whenever you want throughout the year. All 12 months are cool to go. This is the great advantage especially for them who love exploring new places.
How To Reach
- By Air: – Srinagar is the nearest airport located 56 km away from Gulmarg. Being a domestic airport, it is well connected to major cities of the country and serve regular flight from Amritsar, Delhi and Mumbai. After reaching here, you may hire the cab to get your desired place.
- By Bus: – Gulmarg is accessible by road as well. Regular deluxe, luxury and regular bus service is available at Srinagar, Sonmarg and so on.
- By Train: – Gulmarg does not hold its own railway station, but the nearest railway station is Jammu situated 290 km away. It is conveniently connected to the prominent railheads all across the country.
You may also like