If you are one of them love watching quality based content, you have landed at the right place. Love Sonia is a movie gaining a lot appreciation because of its matured content. Here, we are going to review this movie to bring the best feedback to you.
Love Sonia Movie Review
Do you remember the 2014 released Nagesh Kukunoor’s movie namely Lakshmi emphasized the bitter truth of human trafficking and child prostitution in rural areas? Love Sonia actually belongs to same genre having unique store of finding more than one sister’s second sister than showing the truth of this business.
- Genre – Drama
- Star Cast – Mrunal Thakur, Richa Chadha, Frieda Pinto, Manoj Bajpayee, Anupam Kher
- Director –Tabrez Noorani
- Rating – 3/5
Story of the Movie
The film starts right from a place where farmers are buried under the burden of beehal and debt due to lack of rain. One such farmer is Shiva (Adil Hussain), father of Preeti (Riya Sisodia) and Sonia (Mrinal Thakur). There is a loan from Dada Thakur (Anupam Kher). In order to repay this, she sells Preeti. Sonia goes to Mumbai with the help of Dada Thakur escaping from the house to bring her sister back to her house. But tragedy is that that she is also pushed into the body trade. The girls get used to every kind of torcher to keep them there. In this same courtroom he meets Madhuri (Richa Chadha), Rashmi (Frida Pinto), who was once pushed into this business due to circumstances. Saying would not wrong that this movie emphasize over the heart wrenching aspect of society.
Why Should You Watch This Movie
This movie brings the bitter truth that we all keep circumventing usually. The best thing is that this movie brings the best star cast which adds life to the story of the movie. Rajkumar Rao will be seen as Manish is associated with an NGO, works to remove minor girls from the Vaishyaalaya. Just like she tries to help Sonia but Sonia does not go with them.
What About The Performance
- The most notable thing about the film is that despite being a multi starrer, there is no role that one plays on each other. Mrinal Thakur has played the role of Sonia.
- Richa Chadha and Frida Pinto have played a great role.
- Anupam Kher does not have a big role in the film, but still he does complete justice with his share.
- Adil Hussain looks good in the role of a frustrated father and farmer.
- Like every film, Rajkumar Rao and Manoj Bajpayee have acted quite a bit. It does not seem anywhere that they are getting heavily on other roles.
Direction of Movie
Talking about Direction of the movie, Tabrez Noorani has done a great job. Just as the scenes of the whistle show are shown, only hatred and just hatred arises in your mind. Filming each scene of the scene there is so much attention that you can only feel the ambiguity of that environment and nothing else. It seems to hurt directly on the brain. The place where the film is finished is absolutely perfect.
So, what are you waiting for? Book your ticket and do not let this great movie miss from your hand.
Stay connected with Jiyo Pal Pal …
You may also like