Shantiniketan…a widely known name as it associates to the greatest poet Rabindranath. Though it is a small town, but it is pretty much beautiful and loaded with peaceful environment. One who wishes to get oozed with the tranquillity of the mind, must com here. This amazing place is located near Bolpur in the Birbhum district of West Bengal. It is approximately 212 kms away from north of Kolkata. Shantiniketan – West bengal
Why Should You Visit It
- To get embarked on a beautiful journey lead to glorious history.Shantiniketan – West bengal
- To experience the wonderful environment having essence of poetry of Rabindranath Tagore.
- To feel the amazing bond of father and son. Shantiniketan was established by Rabindra Nath Tagore.
- Here, you can go through the marvellous sculptures, paintings, frescoes and murals that cannot be find anywhere else. Shantiniketan – West bengal
- It is situated at a place where a number of interesting an fair and festivals are celebrated on a large scale like Bansanta utasav also called Holi, Joydev, Mela etc. Shantiniketan – West bengal
Places To Visit In Shantiniketan
- Tagore’s Asharma – Needless to give introduction of the most popular poet Rabindra Nath Tagore. This Asharma is dedicated to him and when one comes here it makes them steep into the incredible feeling. It is situated in the Uttrayan Complex. It is widely popular as the home that was built by Tagore’s father.
- Amar Kutir –This lovely Kutir is situated in close vicinity of the University. Kutir is a Hindi language word, which means a hut. Here, you can go through a number of lovely things like handmade handicraft, leather printed bags, printed clothes and much more. If you wish to buy something precious for your closed one then you must go ahead. They are available at the reasonable price. Shantiniketan – West bengal
- Chattimtala – It is also very beautiful and lovely place. It is worth to visit in order to get overwhelmed with the great experience. Actually, it is called Chattimtala since it was used by Tagore’s father to do meditation. He always advocated meditation and introspection. Shantiniketan – West bengal
- Rabindra Bhaban Museum – Do you love to take a peep into the history in order to add your information? If yes!!! Then you must go ahead to visit Rabindra Bhaban Museum. It was built in 1961 and it is quite special as it is loaded with the valuable things associated to Rabindra Nath Tagore right from paintings, certificates, photographs, manuscripts, letter and documents. Shantiniketan – West bengal
- Kala Bhavan – As the name of building suggests that there is something about have Black in shade. And yes!!! It is true. It will definitely leave you speechless. It has been carved out in a great manner.
- China Bhavan –It is dedicated to serve the Chinese language education. Those who have interest in this language can go for it. Be it language, tradition or culture belong to china, you may experience it without stepping into China. Shantiniketan – West bengal
- Sangeet Bhavan –Do you hold interested in Music then you must this place dedicated to Sangeet. Here, many students come to gain knowledge about Music in an interesting way. No only this, but if you have inclination towards dancing then go for exploring it. Shantiniketan – West bengal
- Deer Park – This Park is dedicated to lovely deer. Here, you can see a number of deer and believe that this experience will leave you completely speechless. It is situated about 3 km away from main campus and easy to reach. If you are looking for something great to make your visit memorable, then do not miss it at any rate.
- Kankalitala – It is another place pretty much popular among the people. It is approximately 7 km away from Shantiniketan. Here, you can capture beautiful moments. Shantiniketan – West bengal
What To Eat In Shantiniketan
It is required to mention that this lovely place is loaded with a number of lovey places to taste. Here, you can find a wide array of small and medium size restaurants. Not only this, if you wish to jazz up your mind within no time then you may go for taking Beer. Rice Beer is very much popular in the town. Actually it is much lighter than normal beer. It means you will not face problem if take it a bit more. Shantiniketan – West bengal
Where You Can Stay
It has a wide array of lodges and hotels to go along with your taste. You just need to go through all your requirements and needs to find out the right one. It is required to mention that Visva Bharati University holds four guest house at reasonable price. Shantiniketan – West bengal
Fair and festival
Poush Mela – Have you ever heard about it? Poush Mela is consider very famous and popular among the visitors not only locals but out of the country as well. It is one of the most awaited event of the year as a number of footfall come. It is celebrated every year in the month of December. This Mela is dedicated to harvest season and lifts up its value in a great manner. Shantiniketan – West bengal
How To Reach Shantiniketan
- By Air – The nearest airport is Netaji Subhas Chadra Bose International Airport, Kolkata. Those who are interested to cover the journey by Air can go ahead. Shantiniketan – West bengal
- By Train – The nearest railway station located approximately 2kms from the town, is Bolpur Railway Station. You may choose it if you do not have problem to get embark on train tour.
- By Bus – It is well-connected to Kolkata. It means one can go by bus as well as the road are good in conditions and would not be reason of any hassles. Whether it is state or private transport both are serving great facility to the visitors and from Shantiniketan as well. Shantiniketan – West bengal
So, what are you waiting for? This time you must add Shantiniketan in your list to add more colour to your life.
Stay Connected With Jiyo Pal Pal…