Sitting for hours may bring many health problems. To minimize the risk of ill health form inactivity, it is advised to exercise daily for 30 minutes. Sitting for long periods on one place slow down the metabolism of body which directly affects the body’s ability to regulate break down body fat, blood sugar and blood pressure. In recent studies it is proven that sitting can cause similar ill effect on body as caused by smoking. It can also increase the risk of developing diabetes, experiencing a cardiovascular event or getting certain types of cancer. Sitting include watching TV, using a computer, reading, doing homework, travelling by car, bus or train, doing office work but it doesn’t include sleeping. Why sitting is bad for you and how to avoid it
Why sitting is bad for you and how to avoid it
In recent studies it is concluded that adults how spend more than four hour sitting a day for any kind of work like watching TV, doing homework etc. Increase 50 percent risk of death from any cause. About 125 percent increased risk of cardiovascular diseases including chest pain and heart attack.
5 reasons why you should avoid sitting
- Sitting at work leads to lack in movement in your body organs and muscles. It can result in shuts of electrical activity in your legs and other body organs. Why sitting is bad for you and how to avoid it
- Sitting for long also reduce the processing and breaking down ability of body of fats and sugars.
- The functioning of heart is also get slower when you sit for long which can result in less calories burn and also affect the working of other organs of body. Why sitting is bad for you and how to avoid it
- Not only the physical health get suffer due to sitting for long metal health is also got affected by it. This can leads to risk of chronic stress and depression. Why sitting is bad for you and how to avoid it
- Working of brain is also affected by it. As our muscles are not moving which reduce the supply of oxygen rich blood to brain. That can result in less creativity and collaboration at work and affect the efficiency of doing work. Why sitting is bad for you and how to avoid it
5 ways of avoiding too much sitting
- You will more exercise at work if you go personally to your co-workers instead of making phone call or mailing.
- You choose exercise ball to sit instead of desk chair for half an hour. This help you in give strength to your muscles to stabilize your body. Why sitting is bad for you and how to avoid it
- In our daily routine we brush our teeth twice and floss daily. While doing this we can do some basic exercise like toe raises, squats and side leg lifts. Why sitting is bad for you and how to avoid it
- We can also do some basic body movements like walking forth and back, stretching etc. when we are making long phone calls to our friends, relative and family members. Why sitting is bad for you and how to avoid it
- To make yourself more fit and healthy you make use of commercial break while watching hour-long show. You can make 20 minutes quick workouts like crunches. Triceps and biceps curls, leg lifts etc. during your TV time.
We hope this will help you to understand the ill effects of sitting for long and how to get rid of it. keep sharing and supporting.
You may also like