Breakfast is undoubtedly the most important meal of the day. Its fills us with energy and nutrition for rest of the day and does the crucial job of keeping us energized all through the day. So having a nutritious, energy-filled and wholesome breakfast is very important for everyone, be it children, adults or elderly. And what can be better on nutrition than fruits.
Our daily breakfast must include a major portion of fruits such as banana, apple, blueberries, strawberries, pear, kiwi, pomegranate etc. Having a fruit breakfast or including fruits as a part of our breakfast is a great way to get started with our day.
- Studies and researches have shown that people who eat ample of fruits in breakfast are healthier, thinner and more energetic throughout the day as compared to those who do not include fruits in their breakfast.
- Having a fatty meal or caffeine filled coffee could be sort of punitive for our stomach which had been fasting all night. It could even lead to problems of acidity. Whereas having fruits for breakfast is an ideal way to wake our stomach up gently.
- The fiber content of fruits cleans up your stomach well. Fruits make you feel light and refreshed and ready for activities of rest of the day.
- Sugars are vital to the functioning of our brain. The natural sugars contained in fruits keep our brain strengthened and activated for rest of the day.
- One of the important early morning tasks of our body organs is detoxification which requires a lot of energy. If we indulge ourselves in heavy, oily or fatty breakfasts, then all the energy our body has will be wasted in digestion process rather than detoxification. Whereas fruits are relatively easy to digest and so allowing our body cells to carry on with detoxification instead of using up all the energy in digestion process.
- Fruit filled breakfast works wonders for those who are on a weight loss program since fruits contain zero oils and are full on fiber, vitamins, minerals and antioxidants.
- Most of the fruits have a very high water content which keeps your stomach feel fuller for a longer time as compared to other breakfasts.
- While skipping breakfast is a complete no no.. Fruit breakfasts are the most convenient for those who are in a hurry during morning hours. Just pick up two bananas and you can eat them on the go. Or maybe you could just catch hold of an apple and eat it while you are travelling to your office. They are also a much healthier option when compared to other on-the-go foods such as potato wafers, cookies, doughnuts, cheese sandwiches etc.
- There are a variety of quick recipes you could prepare using fruits or combining them with cereal foods such as oatmeal or cornflakes or muesli. You can simply cut them for a refreshing fruit salad or blend a fruit smoothie.
- Eating fruits early in the morning works magic for your skin. Its keeps you face and body skin plump and glowing all through the day!