Punjab has always been a very popular state of India. And when the discussion is ongoing on Punjab, how can we ignore Ludhiana. Yes!!! Ludhiana is the renowned city of Punjab. And today, we are going to explore about Ludhiana. Here, everything about Ludhiana – Punjab has been cited right from the must-visit places, how to reach, the best time, what to eat and so on.
Places to visit in Ludhiana – Punjab
Let’s have a look the top 10 places to visit. All of them have been cited below in a discreet manner.
- Christ King Church: – This church was inaugurated by Cardinal Teleshpore P Toppo on August 29th, 2004. It is situated on the GT road. It is unique and hold the power about 3000 people can pray in one go. The ceilings is just outstanding.
- Ghanta Ghar: – This clock tower was built on October 18, 1906. It has become the identity of this place.
- Ansal Plaza: – For the new age generation, there is a marvellous first international shopping mall located on Ferozpur road. It is loaded with world class facilities which make is an apple of visitor’s and shopping lover’s eye. You are allowed to buy Footwear, leather product, jewellery, fashion accessories and so on. There is a number of renowned brands including Levis, Reebok, Cooper, Pepe, Benetton, Raymond etc.
- Battle of Aliwal – A War Memorial This monument is 150 years old which was built the the British. It indicates towards last Anglo-Sikh war.
- Lodhi Fort: – The adorable Lodhi Fort takes you back around 500 years. It was built by the Muslim monarch namely Sikandar Lodhi. It looks very beautiful as it situated at the banks of the Sutlej River, which adds unique beauty to this fort. To explore the royal lifestyle of the great Muslim King, you must make a stroll here. Though it has got ruined, but still hold great magic to impress you.
- Punjab Agricultural University Museum: – Punjab has always been known for its Agriculture. The green and wide field can attract anyone within no time. And that’s why you must visit Punjab Agricultural University Museum. Here, you can come across about the life in Ludhiana during 18th and 19th centuries. Kisan Mela is organised every year to add value to Agriculture. There is a number of tools and objects belongs to 18th and 19th century.
- Gurudwara Charan Kamal: – This place is very sacred as Guru Gobind Singh took a sip of water from the pond. The beautiful architecture explores silently about the Sikh architecture. In the month of December, it is considered best to visit Gurudwara. To celebrate congregation of this shrine, the annual fair is organised every year.
- Phillaur Fort: – It was built at Phillaur during the rule of Sher Shah Suri. This inn was turned into a military fort during the reign of Shah Jahan. Later, it was used by the British. Exploring Phillaur Fort will make you get oozed with extraordinary feelings.
- Maharaja Ranjit Singh Museum: – it is very easy pleasing and situated at GT road. The name of this museum is named after Maharaja Ranjit Singh. The beautiful fort holds 12 galleries. This fort has been carved out by experienced hands and it proves through its outstanding architecture.
- Tiger Zoo: – If you have an interest in wildlife and love to see the animal, Tiger Zoo is a perfect place to get in. It is spread across 25 acres of land. It was situated in 1993. To see the whole zoo, safaris is available except Monday.
Best time to visit Ludhiana
October to February is considered the best time to explore Ludhiana. If you are going to explore Ludhiana then you must schedule your visit during October to February. Avoid July to September as it belongs to monsoon.
Fair and festivals of Ludhiana
- Basant Panchmi :- Ludhiana celebrates Basant Panchami every year on a large scale. Not only inhabitants of this place but visitors also come especially to take part in this festival. Though this festival associate to Sikh Community but it is widely popular among the people of all religions and cats. On this auspicious day, a great hustle bustle can be seen in Ludhiana.
- Baisakhi:- The 13th of the April is celebrated as a Baisakhi. People sing folk song and perform folk dance. Baisakhi holds great importance since The Guru Granth Gobind Singhji established the Khalsa Panth. People head to Gurudwara to take blessings of God.
- Lohri:- It is another prominent festival of Ludhiana. Lohri is also celebrated among the Hindus. This festival is considered very essential to perform for the newlywed couple. After worshipping, Til, Gajak, Rewari, Sweets, Jaggery, Phulia and sweets are distributed.
THE LAST TIME PACKING TIPS
Yes!!! I know your luggage is packed with all essential things. But before stepping in Ludhiana, do not forget to pack all these things mentioned below. Let’s have a look.
- Apart from it, keep some Pain relievers, Antiseptic lotion, spray, Anti-diarrhoea medication, Antacid
- Take your Sun screen if you are going in summer.
- If you have scheduled your visit in winter then do not forget to keep Cold Cream.
How to reach Ludhiana
- By Air: The nearest airport is located 100 km away in Chandigarh. You may reach here easily.
- By Rail: It holds its own railway station which is well connected to major cities of the country like Puri, Nagpur, Jammu, Calcutta etc.
- By Road: It is located on the Amritsar-Delhi Grand Trunk Road. It can be accessed by Road easily.
So, why should you wait more? Ludhiana is loaded with everything to lure you. You will not only enjoy your journey to Ludhiana but will never mind to schedule your visit again to Ludhiana. If something has missed in this blog, then do not forget to share your comments. We have been waiting eagerly. Till then have fun and stay tuned with us for more updates.
You may also like