Siliguri…a lovely place oozing with an incredible beauty of nature to make you fall in love with it. If you have got fed up with your daily schedule then it is time to take a short break in order to recharge your batter. Going Siliguri is right choice to make. Here, we are going to dig out some essential information which would be helpful for if scheduling a visit to Siliguri. Let’s check out. Siliguri West bengal
Siliguri West bengal
THE TOP 10 PLACES TO VISIT IN SILUGURI
- HONG KONG MARKET – When we go for exploring any place, it is required to know about their famous market in order to buy the memorable things for your loved one. Hong Kong market is widely popular among the local visitors and global tourists as well. You may find a number of things can be found here at reasonable prices. Siliguri West bengal
- Jaldapara – It is a name of a wildlife sanctuary. Here, you can find a number of species to explore. One-horned rhino is one of the very popular and rare. Jaldapara attracts a number of eye all across the world.
- Kanchenjunga Stadium – This stadium is also considered one of the major sightseeing in Siliguri. At this place, a number of state, district, national or international level competition and games are organised. If you belong to this field then you can’t control yourself to go for seeing. Siliguri West bengal
- Salugara Monastery – This place is visited by a number of toursits and visitors all around the world. It is takes 6 km to reach here from the city. It is a Buddhist shrine which fetch attention because of meditation established by Tibetan monks. Siliguri West bengal
- Mirik – This hill station is pretty much popular and lure the visitors to visit Siliguri again and again. It is just 100 km away from Siliguri and enough to rule over your heart. Siliguri West bengal
- Coochbehar – It is another place adds glam to the city. It is loaded with lakes, temples and palaces which are worth to watch. If you are going to explore Siliguri then you must go for visiting Coochbehar as well. Without exploring this place, your journey would not be considered complete. Siliguri West bengal
- Mahananda Weir Sukna – It is another option to choose if you are passionate about exploring wild life sanctuary. At the time of visiting sanctuary, you need some points to keep in mind regarding your protection. Heading to this wildlife is right option to choose if you wish explore wildlife closely in order to pamper your mood. Siliguri West bengal
- Kalijhora – To get indulged in the beauty of nature, heading to Kalijhora is right choice to opt. It is away 27km from Siliguri.
- North Bengal Science Centre – Do you have great inclination towards Science? Add in your list the name of North Bengal Science Centre. It is a perfect place to go with family, kids and friends.
- Umrao Singh Boat Club – This boat club is considered the best tourist place which is being maintained and developed by Indian Army. This club is all set to make your journey memorable by offering you boat. They are available in various size and shape to entertain you. As per your choice, you may choose the right one. You may go along with Pedal or Engine equipped boats. Siliguri West bengal
Festivals in Siliguri
- DURGA PUJA– IT is one of the major festival celebrated every year with a great pomp and show. To put in other words, Siliguri Durga Puja is widely popular. It is celebrated in the month of September and October. It goes 4-5 days. This pooja is dedicated to Goddess Durga. People take part in this pooja on a large scale.
- Baishaki Mela
- Hosto Shilppo Mela
- Lexpo fair and Book fair are some of the other festivals which is celebrated on a large scale. A great hustle-bustle can be seen during these festivals. Siliguri West bengal
THINGS TO DO IN SILIGURI
- SHOPPPING – What about shopping? Without shopping you cannot expect that you journey would become memorable. There many shops serving you quality based items at reasonable prices. The things which you must not miss to buy are handicraft, tea, etc. The mall where you should make a stroll is City Centre, City Mall, cosmos Mall or orbit mall. If you wish to go for market then heading to seth srilal market, Hong Kong Market and Bidhan Market. Siliguri West bengal
- EATING – Do you love eating delicious dishes? Siliguri must be your next place. There is a number of restaurants available to go and taste delicious things. The great thing is that these eating points are known for maintaining hygiene. If you love Bakeri food, then you must be all set to enjoy it. Siliguri West bengal
BEST TIME TO VISIT SILUGURI
You are allowed to schedule a visit to Siliguri all around the year as whether remains pleasant. It means that you do not have need to muddle over this topic. Whenever you get time, schedule a visit to Siliguri to rejuvenate your mind.
How To Reach
- By Air– The nearest domestic airport is Bagdogra Airport located at 5 km away and will take approximately 15 minutes to reach. And the next one is Borjhar Airport situated 333 km away. Siliguri West bengal
- By Train – One can get reach here by train as the nearest railway station New Jalpaiguir Railway Station situated 8 kms away. It is conveniently connected to Mumbai and Delhi. Siliguri West bengal
- By Bus – Siliguri is well- connected by road and one can reach here by bus as well. Siliguri West bengal
So, what are you thinking now? Just pack your bag and spare some quality time for yourself and your family. What about the above mentioned information? Do not forget to share with us. We have been waiting for your valuable response.
Stay In Touch With Jiyo Pal Pal.…
Have a Happy Journey….
You may also like