Hello Guys!!! What’s up going on? The weather is quite lovely, do not you think you must schedule a visit to go out? If you are confused where you should go? No need to contemplate more as we are here to shed light over a number of widely popular sanctuaries Himachal Pradesh. Making stroll there is just like a paradise for the nature lovers.
Sanctuaries – Himachal Pradesh
Why Should You Schedule A Trip To Himachal Pradesh
- It is a great way to rejuvenate yourself. Sanctuaries – Himachal Pradesh
- You will come to know more about the wildlife.
- To examine the hidden side of wildlife.
- Being a nature lover, Himachal Pradesh is the perfect place to head. Sanctuaries – Himachal Pradesh
- To know about Himachal Pradesh’s varied geography. Sanctuaries – Himachal Pradesh
If you are all set to catch glimpse of Himachal’s wild side, heading to these wildlife sanctuaries is the right option to choose. And we all know that Himachal Pradesh is blessed with incredible beauty of nature. To go along with the wonderful experience, you just need to schedule to Himachal Pradesh. Let’s know more about it.
A Bit About Wildlife Sanctuaries
First of all, let’s know what does it mean by sanctuary. Actually, it is a protected area where the animal are protected. Human activities are not allowed at this place so animals and birds will not be disturbed. These sanctuaries are dedicated to serve great environment to the animals and birds in order to make them cool and comfortable. The visitor can come here to explore the wonderful natural environment having variety of animals and birds. Though it is protected area but some kind of human activities like collecting minor forest products, harvesting of timber etc., is allowed. Sanctuaries – Himachal Pradesh
Wildlife Sanctuaries In Himachal Pradesh
In Himachal Pradesh, there is more than 30 wildlife sanctuaries and that’s why visitors find uncountable opportunities to go through amazing experience. Let’s know about these wildlife sanctuaries.
- Kalatop-Khajjar WLS, Himachal Pradesh Sanctuaries – Himachal Pradesh
- Kanawar WLS, Himachal Pradesh
- Khokhan WLS, Himachal Pradesh
- Kibber WLS, Himachal Pradesh
- Kugti WLS, Himachal Pradesh
- Lippa Asrang WLS, Himachal Pradesh
- Majathal WLS, Himachal Pradesh
- Manali WLS, Himachal Pradesh
- Bandli WLS, Himachal Pradesh
- Nargu WLS, Himachal Pradesh
- Pong Dam Lake WLS, Himachal Pradesh
- Renuka WLS, Himachal Pradesh
- Rupi Bhaba WLS, Himachal Pradesh
- Sainj WLS, Himachal Pradesh
- Sangla Valley WLS, Himachal Pradesh
- Chail WLS, Himachal Pradesh
- Chandratal WLS, Himachal Pradesh
- Churdhar WLS, Himachal Pradesh
- Daranghati WLS, Himachal Pradesh
- Dhauladhar WLS, Himachal Pradesh
- Gamgul Siyabehi WLS, Himachal Pradesh
- Kais WLS, Himachal Pradesh
- Sech Tuan Nala WLS, Himachal Pradesh
In this section, we are going to explore about the prominent. Let’s have a look. Sanctuaries – Himachal Pradesh
- Daranghati Sanctuary – It is situated in the upper area of Shimla District having numerous wildlife. First, it was noticed on March 27, 1974. It holds an area of 16740 hectares. To explore various wild animals like Leopard, Barking Deer, Himalayan Palm Civet, Goral, Stripped Hyena, Flying fox, Brown Bear, Serow, Blue Sheep, Himalayan Weasel etc., as they are more. Sanctuaries – Himachal Pradesh
- Kalatop Wildlife Sanctuary – It is perfect for the people who never miss to skip the wonderful place at any rate. If you have not decided yet, where to go then you must head to this sanctuary. Ibex, Deer, Leopards, Bear, Black Bear and more are here to see. Sanctuaries – Himachal Pradesh
- Bandli Sanctuary – It is located in Mandi and very popular because of having Himalayan Black Bear, Barking Deer, Rhesus Macaque, and Common Palm Civet and so on. It is just 7 kms away from Sunder Nagar Town. Sanctuaries – Himachal Pradesh
- Chail Sanctuary – Those who wish to enjoy hill station and wildlife both at the same time must head to Chail Sanctuary. It is visited by a number of tourists every year It pretty much famous because of fauna which cannot be found anywhere else like Silver-White Oak, Himalayan Black Bear, Goral, Himalayan Yellow Thorated Marten, Common Giant, Macaque and the list is too long. In 1998, rehabilitation programmes was started and positive results were seen. To explore the marvellous wildlife sanctuaries and the beauty of hill station, you must go there. Sanctuaries – Himachal Pradesh
- Churdhar Sanctuary – It holds an area of 5616 hectares. You must schedule a visit to Churdhar Sanctuary to see fauna like Barking Deer, Common Langur, Leopards, Musk Deer and so on. Needless to mention that it is the newest sanctuaries of the state. Sanctuaries – Himachal Pradesh
- Manali Sanctuary– It is situated in Manali covering 3,180 hectares. It comes under the Wild Animals Protection Act, 1933 and Punjab Birds. Here, you can see flying fox, stripped hyena, palm civet, and Indian hare and so on. It will lift up your enthusiasm regarding wildlife. Sanctuaries – Himachal Pradesh
- Pin Valley Park – It is located in Spiti district and pretty much popular for having rare animals like snow leopard, Tibetan gazelle, wooly hare etc. As a national park, it was declared in January 9th Pin Valley Park covers an area of 67,500 hectares. Sanctuaries – Himachal Pradesh
- Kanwar Sanctuary – This wonderful sanctuary situated in Pārbati Valley. It is considered a perfect place to fulfilment of any wildlife lover. Sanctuaries – Himachal Pradesh
- Maharana Pratap Sagar – Do you love ducks? If Yes!!! Then you must come here as Maharana Pratap Sagar is perfect place especially for the migratory ducks from Siberian region. If you wish to see them from a close distance, go ahead. The clean blue water is perfect to lift up the value of Maharana Pratap Sagar. For unforgettable view, you must head to there. It holds more than 220 species of bird including water-fowl, egrets, terns, headed gulls, ducks and so on.Sanctuaries – Himachal Pradesh
- Majathal Sanctuary– Do you know about Goral? Many of you may not know even did not hear the name of this bird. This sanctuary is actually pretty much popular because of Goral. You must come here to explore them closely. Sanctuaries – Himachal Pradesh
So, these all are the prominent wildlife sanctuaries situated in Himachal Pradesh. What are you waiting for? It does not matter whether you are wildlife enthusiasts or not as making strolling at these wildlife sanctuaries will not let you down.
And yes!!! do not forget to share your views and thoughts about the above mentioned topic with us.
Stay tuned with Jiyo Pal Pal To get the latest updates…
Have A Happy Reading……
You may also like