Peanuts are popularly used as seed oil in India. Since they are obtained from the ground, they are also sometimes called as groundnuts. They are easily available round the year and almost everywhere in India.
Peanuts are actually legumes but carry almost all the qualities of other popular edible kernels such as pistachio, almonds, etc. Ten Benefits of Eating Peanuts
Ten Benefits of Eating Peanuts
- Control Blood Sugar – Eating peanut butter or peanuts for breakfast can help control blood sugar levels throughout the day, even after eating a high carbohydrate lunch. Manganese in peanuts helps in calcium absorption, fats and carbohydrates metabolism and sugar level regulation in blood.
- Growth & Development – Peanuts are rich in proteins. The amino acids present in them are good for proper growth and development of body. Ten Benefits of Eating Peanuts
- Anti-oxidants – Peanuts contain anti-oxidants in high concentrations. The anti-oxidant, resveratrol in peanuts prevents heart strokes by increasing the production of nitric oxide. Ten Benefits of Eating Peanuts
- Vitamins & Minerals – Peanuts contain B complex, vitamins like niacin, riboflavin, thiamin, vitamin B6, vitamin B9, pantothenic acid etc.Potassium, manganese, copper, calcium, magnesium, iron, selenium and zinc are some of the minerals present in peanuts. These play an important role in many different body functions
- Cholesterol Control – It reduce bad cholesterol and increases good cholesterol in the body. Peanuts contain mono-unsaturated fatty acids especially oleic acid that prevents coronary diseases.
- Fights against several Diseases – A poly-phenolic anti-oxidant are present in the peanuts in high concentrations,it prevents heart diseases, cancers, nervous diseases and viral or fungal infections efficiently.
- Protects Skin – Vitamin E in peanuts helps in maintaining the integrity of cells of mucous membrane and the skin. This protects them from free radicals which cause great damage. Ten Benefits of Eating Peanuts
- Low Risk of Weight Gain – Peanuts can help reduce weight and are packed with nutrition and good fat. Women who eat peanuts or peanut butter at least twice a week are less likely to be susceptible to obesity than those who don’t. If you eat peanut butter every morning with bread slices, you have less chances of gaining weight. Ten Benefits of Eating Peanuts
- Helps in Fertility – If taken before and during early pregnancy, the folic acid lowers the risk of baby being born with serious neural tube defects reduced by up to 70%. Ten Benefits of Eating Peanuts
- Fights Depression – Low Serotonin levels leads to depression. Tryptophan in peanuts increases the release of this chemical and thus helps you fight depression. Eating peanut benefits health in many ways and you should make it a point to take in a minimum of two tablespoons of peanut butter each week in order to keep those dangerous diseases away and stay healthy! Ten Benefits of Eating Peanuts