One reason why I am writing this today is that you would hardly find any information even on google about foods good for male health, forget health and fitness sites. While there is a lot of emphasis on women’s and children’s health, I have somehow felt and observed that the subject of men’s health has somewhat got overlooked.
Since men and women have different physical and biological structures, their nutritional requirements are also different to much extent. Degenerative troubles, stress and health problems are increasing rapidly among men, hence its very crucial that they pay attention to their nutritional requirements and eat what is good for their body and brain.
Following are the ten foods best for men’s health
- Whole grains – Rich in vitamins, fiber and minerals, whole grains such as oat, wheat, barley, brown rice, maize, quinoa etc. are specifically rich in Vitamin B2. They decrease the risk of cardiovascular diseases, hypertension, obesity and diabetes to a great extent.
- Oysters – Comprising of zinc in abundance, oyster fish is one food which is extremely essential and helpful in maintaining male fertility and reproductive health.
- Broccoli and cabbage – Both these vegetables are a great source of sulphoraphane, vitamin c and fiber. Sulphoraphane helps fight cancers while Vitamin C is known for strengthening immunity. Fiber is good for overall health besides helping the process of digestion in body.
- Eggs – For men, egg white is a great way of nourishing skin and hair with protein while egg yolk gives sufficient quantity of iron which helps in maintaining our blood health. Additionally, since egg whites are very rich in protein, those men who work out and wish to build a great body would not require artificial protein supplements if they include eggs in their diet.
- Tropical fruits – Fruits such as mango, papaya, orange, strawberry, pineapple and pomegranate must be a part of a man’s diet. They contain plenty of flavonoids, vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and fiber. Tropical fruits nourish the body, give sufficient energy, improve digestion, reduce the risk of diabetes, boost immunity and help keeping skin problems at bay. Hence, they are essential for an overall healthy male body.
- Garlic – Garlic has antioxidants and bioflavonoids in large quantities. Also the superfood has anti-allergic, anti-inflammatory and medicinal properties which make it a nourishing as well as healing food. Garlic is known to be helpful in keeping cholesterol levels lower, hence also reducing risks of heart related ailments which becomes a must in today’s times when more than 50% of men face threats of heart diseases.
- Milk and milk products – These include cow milk, yoghurt, cream, cottage cheese and ice cream etc. A Commendable way of giving Vitamin A,D and calcium to body, milk and milk products help build strong muscles and relieve from aches and pains of bones and muscles. Just make sure to consume skimmed milk and products made from skimmed milk so as to avoid excess fat intake.
- Tomatoes – There would hardly be a nutrient that is absent from the nutritional contents of tomato. Vitamin C, K, A, B1,B3, B6, Potassium, copper, manganese, phosphorus, fiber and many more are contained in abundance in this superfood. Lycopene contained in it reduces risk of cancers of all types. Other significant benefits of eating tomatoes for men include guarding kidneys, liver, blood and bones from potential health issues while also reducing the risk of obesity, cardio and neurological problems. In short there is not even one reason of not including tomatoes in your daily diet. Could guys ask for more?
- Coconut Water – An excellent energy booster, coconut water comprises plenty of Vitamin C, potassium, manganese and magnesium. The beverage is known to reduce risk of heart stroke and hypertension. It is considered beneficial especially in summers since it aids in preventing as well treating dehydration and diarrhea.
- Cinnamon – Used as a spice, cinnamon is another food item that men must not forget to include in their diet. Cinnamon powder is a very versatile product which can be used with almost all types of foods, be it drinks, salad, curries or anything else. Use it while cooking, sprinkle it over salad, add it to your tea or you can even sprinkle it on your smoothies and shakes.
You may also like