It is only nature which brings incredible peace and tranquillity of mind. If you wish to give a great treat to your eyes, you need to schedule a visit to Sanasar. It is just a beautiful place having a number of incredible things to fetch the attention. Here, we are going to explore more about this place. Let’s know about it .Sanasar – Jammu and Kashmir
Sanasar – Jammu and Kashmir
A Bit About Sanasar
Yes!!! it is village which makes you feel that you have lost connection with the rest of the world. It is an unspoilt rural village situated on 17 km west of Patnitop. The name of this place drives from two small local villages namely Sana and SAR in Udhampur district of Jammu and Kashmir. It locates an elevation of 2050 meters. Sanasar is also called “Mini Gulmarg” since it holds many Gulmark-like qualities.Sanasar – Jammu and Kashmir
Why To Go Sanasar
- It holds picturesque cup shaped meadow. Since it is surrounded by dense coniferous trees, its beauty gets increased. Sanasar – Jammu and Kashmir
- Sanasar has always been popular among the people passionate about adventure activities like camping, golfing, trekking and paragliding. Sanasar – Jammu and Kashmir
- Those who are looking for a place which can fetch tranquillity of mind must choose Sanasar. It is blessed with the incredible peace. Sanasar – Jammu and Kashmir
- Here, you can experience breath-taking cool breezes, extensive meadow, gigantic confer and mountain terrains which you cannot find anywhere else except Sanasar. Sanasar – Jammu and Kashmir
The Prominent 7 Things To Do In Sanasar
- Naag Mandir – What came in your mind hearing this name of this temple? Yup!!! You got right this temple is dedicated to Lord Shiva. On the auspicious day of Naagpanchmi, a heavy crowd comes here to get blessed with the grace of Lord Shiva. This temple is more than 600 years old and that’s why it is widely popular among the devotees. Sanasar – Jammu and Kashmir
- Golf Course – Do you have a keen interest in sports? Or wish to pamper your hobby of playing Golf? Well!!! This Golf Course is perfect for both reasons. It is situated amidst lush green hills and landscape with faint silver mountain and that is why the visitors have a great chance to click nice image/pictures to make their photo album very beautiful. So, what are you waiting for? If you are going to schedule a visit to this place then you must not skip Golf Course to visit. Sanasar – Jammu and Kashmir
- Wilderness Adventure Camps – It is also known as WAC. It was started 4 years ago by Extreme Himalayan Adventures. Presently, it is very popular among the visitors. Those who come here never forget to experience it. This camp is dedicated to promoting and provide wilderness adventure camping which you may not get an opportunity to experience very easily. Apart from it, the visitors can also experience adventure sports in general. Sanasar – Jammu and Kashmir
- Paragliding – Do you wish to explore the Sanasar valley in one go? Paragliding is a perfect option to choose. It helps to experience the beauty of this breath-taking valley by gliding over its landscape, lake and meadows. Would not you love to go for it? Of course, your answer would be in YES and you will not love to miss this chance. There are many people who come here only to take a view of Sanasar full of adventurous doing paragliding. Sanasar – Jammu and Kashmir
- Shank Pal Temple – After Naag temple, there is another temple called Shank Pal Temple. The widely popular situated on the Shank Pal Ridge at an altitude of 2800m. Would you believe that this temple 400 years old? But yes!!! It is true. It takes 5 hours trek from Sanasar. What are you muddling? Include this place in your list and add spark to your journey. Sanasar – Jammu and Kashmir
- Trekking –Yes!!! There are many options to enjoy trekking as various trekking trails come in the way of Sanasar. It has always been very popular among the visitors who never wish to slip any chance to get embarked on the journey of adventure. Here you can try something unique and different to add more color to your life.
- Rock Climbing in WAC – OMG….It is enough to give many of you Goosebumps. Why should you go along with the ordinary way of living life? Would not you love to add some spice to make it crazy enough? What about Rock Climbing? Does not it sounds amazing to go? It is located among high conifers and pretty much popular among the adventurous seekers. Sanasar – Jammu and Kashmir
Tips To Keep In Mind
- At the time of packing, do not forget to carry light woolen in the summer season and heavy woolen in winter months. Actually, the temperature gets up and down. If you do not wish to get fell ill, your bag should hold light woolen clothes. Sanasar – Jammu and Kashmir
- Sanasar is kind of remote and underdeveloped place and that is why you may not find eateries, hotels etc., within a short distance. In this connection, you need to always keep enough cash with you. You must not relay on credit cards or debit card in order to stay away from hassles. Sanasar – Jammu and Kashmir
- Make sure that you have done hotel booking in advance if do not wish to confront any problems.
What To Eat
OMG…. It is not only a beautiful place but a perfect destination to taste drool worthy gigantic collection of traditional and decent Indian cuisine. Here, you can taste a variety of tradition and decent Indian cuisine which cannot be found anywhere else. And yes!!! Do not skip bread, tandoori and rice items. There are many dishes which can survive for a long time and you may bring them to share your friends and family members.
What Is The Best Time
The months of May- June and September-October are considered the best time to visit Sanasar.
- By Air – The nearest airport is Satwari Airport which serves direct daily flight from the major cities of the country like Hyderabad, Chennai, Goa, Ahmadabad etc.
- By Road – If you have your own vehicle then it is good to cover by road. This village does not have any direct bus service that’s why you cannot board the bus.
- By Train – The nearest railhead is Udhampur which is located 57Km. If the train is convenient to you then you may come by following this route.