Fatigue is a common complaint, people complain of feeling drained and exhausted so often that doctors call fatigue. A long list of medical conditions and lifestyle issues can contribute to fatigue, including lack of sleep, flu, obesity, allergies, infections, anemia, alcohol abuse, hypothyroidism, heart disease, and inadequate nutrition.
Beat fatigue in nine ways
There are plenty of simple ways to boost energy. Follow these simple rules and beat that exhausting feeling of fatigue.
- Regular exercise will – make you feel less tired in the long run and you’ll have more energy. Even a 20-minute walk can give you an energy boost. Go slow and build up the tempo gradually. People who exercise regularly also tend to sleep better. Beat fatigue in nine ways
- Enough Sleep – One of the major reasons for fatigue is lack of sleep. Make sure that you have a regular sleep pattern and always get up at the same time, even on weekends. Your body will eventually get the hang of the steady sleep schedule. Beat fatigue in nine ways
- Go to bed earlier than normal if you need extra sleep – as long as you’re getting up at the same time every morning, its fine to have a flexible getting-to-bed schedule. Beat fatigue in nine ways
- Eat smaller meals – but more meals: A good way to keep up your energy through the day is to eat regular meals and healthy snacks every three to four hours, rather than two large meals. Eating healthy smaller meals will do wonders to your energy level. Beat fatigue in nine ways
- Take more high-fiber foods – that are rich in complex carbohydrates, such as whole-grain cereals, whole-wheat bread, and vegetables. These help stabilize blood sugar. Beat fatigue in nine ways
- Drink water – all day sometimes you feel tired simply because you’re mildly dehydrated. A glass of water will do the trick. Even a little dehydration can make you fatigued. Beat fatigue in nine ways
- Reduce alcohol consumption – alcohol depresses your central nervous system. It also reduces your blood sugar level so try to reduce alcohol consumption. Beat fatigue in nine ways
- Beat your blues away – stress consumes a lot of mental and physical energy. In the end, it makes one feel very tired. So try to have some relaxing routine which might include cooking, listening to music, gardening and knitting. Indulge in something that relaxes you and that will improve your energy level.
- Go slow on caffeine – recent studies show that anyone feeling tired should cut out caffeine. It says the best way to do this is to gradually stop having all caffeine drinks. You may have initial withdrawal symptoms. So, act accordingly without going overboard. Beat fatigue in nine ways