Saffron well known for its wide use in Food items. Saffron is popular spice because of its unique color, flavor and its medicinal properties and an expensive one too. In Hindi saffron is known as ‘Kesar’. Basically it is the dried “stigma” or threats of the flower of the Crocus Sativus plant. Saffron contents many nutrients and chemical compounds that benefits our body to maintain healthy life style. Health Benefits of Saffron
Today Saffron is cultivated worldwide in many country, as good saffron crop production requires cool dry climate and fertile as well as well-drained soil. In India, Saffron cultivate in Jammu and Kashmir. Now, we are going to discuss all the health benefits of saffron: Health Benefits of Saffron
Top Health Benefits of Saffron
- Improves Mental Health – Extraction of saffron helps in treatment of depression, reduce stress and also works as mood enhancer. In today’s highly stressful life style habits, saffron is used frequently to fight against the growing menace of insomnia and also with Alzheimer’s disease. Health Benefits of Saffron
- Improves Respiratory system – In many studies it is proven that saffron directly benefits respiratory system of body, especially in today’s polluted air. It is used in in treatment of respiratory ailments such as cough, whooping cough and also in asthma too. Health Benefits of Saffron
- Blood Production – Nutrient like iron presents in saffron really helpful in maintain healthy blood production. Using saffron frequently helps in proper production of Hemoglobin and it improves the red blood production in body. Health Benefits of Saffron
- Prevent Disease – There are many chemical compounds present in saffron that help body in combat from disease and also promote the overall well-being of the body. When saffron is used in cooking food then it works very effectively to protect our body with disease. Health Benefits of Saffron
- Maintain body weight – If you want to lose weight or maintain a healthy body weight that it time to switch to saffron oil in your diet. In recent studies it is proven that using saffron frequently maintain the healthy serotonin level in our body. It is also recommended to use Saffron to combat obesity, which is the main reason of many health risk. Health Benefits of Saffron
How to select quality Saffron
Selecting good quality of saffron is very important if you want to enjoy all the health benefits of saffron. Saffron are also very expensive spice, to make worth of your money, you should be careful in selecting saffron. Here are the tips for identifying good quality saffron: Health Benefits of Saffron
- Always purchase saffron threads and powder from a reputed shop.
- Mostly Saffron are packed in foil and air tight container to protect from light and sun.
- Original Saffron threads are dark in color with orange tip and they also feel hard and brittle when touched.
- Bulk Saffron are usually packed in wooden boxes.
- Saffron without orange tip are may be of poor quality or dyed.
- Saffron threads with white spots or yellow shades dyed avoid them.
- Always prefer saffron threads instead of saffron powder because saffron powder can easily adulterated.
- If you want to buy saffron powder then always go for branded one and examine it by smelling it should have strong and fresh aroma.
So, with all these health benefits and buying guide switch to healthy life. Health Benefits of Saffron