Himachal Pradesh is a place blessed with an enormous range of species. The great thing is that Himachal Pradesh forms the catchment of different main rivers like Sutlej, Jamuna, Beas, Chenab, Ravi and Jhelum. Himachal Pradesh holds more than 3,295 species. There is a total number of six forest in Himachal Pradesh and the prominent are Montane Temperate, Alpine Scrub, Sub–Alpine and Moist Tropical. So will discuss in details about Flora Fauna in Himachal Pradesh.
Flora Fauna in Himachal Pradesh
In this blog, we are going to put-together the prominent species of birds, animals and flower which lifts up its value.
Dactylorhiza Hatageia And Saussurea Obvallata Grow Luxuriously In Kullu
If go there, do not forget to explore all this. It would be a great experience for you to explore all this. A number of visitors come all across India to explore them especially.
- Kullu is widely popular regions which hold a conifer species like deodar, spruce, fir, pine etc.
- If it is talked about the medicinal plants then you may find there Hath Panja which is also called Dactylorhiza hatageia and Braha Kamal also known as Saussurea obvallata. These two plants grow in Kullu luxuriously.
- Kullu is also famous for having the presence of the majestic Snow-leopard. It is also called Himalayan brown bear and the Himalaya Tahr.
- If you love bird watching then you may go for the Western Tragopan, it is the state bird of Himachal Pradesh. Not only this, but Monal pheasant is the prominent bird species which is find in this region.
Apple Orchards And Tibetan Antelope AT Tibet Road
Needless to mention that Himachal Pradesh is considered Fruit Bowl of India as it is blessed with plenty of fruit orchards. Though the hilly range of Himachal Pradesh is covered with pine, the Himalayan Oak, Rhododendron, and Fir and so on but Tibet road is known for something unique in this connection.
- The Tibet road is widely popular for its especially apple orchards. If you schedule a visit to this place, then do not forget to taste the delicious apple. Flora & Fauna – Himachal Pradesh
- Not only for the apple, but wide array of animal like Tibetan Antelope, The Himalayan ibex, Horn and must deer also attract a number of visitors to Tibet road. Flora & Fauna – Himachal Pradesh
- You must know that musk deer is the state animal of Himachal Pradesh.
The Stunning Rhododendron To Make You Speechless
This lovely flower will take your heart away and will make you completely speechless. The word Rhododendron drives from the Greek language and it is made up of three words; Rhodon, Rose and Dendron. This species grow in Himachal Pradesh and adds value to this lovely place. Flora & Fauna – Himachal Pradesh
- In local language, it is called Brass. This amazing tree holds height of 20 to 25 feet.
- The stunning flowers come on a platter of belong leaves and they are five inches long.
A wide range of flower like lilies, chrysanthemums, marigolds, carnations, roses are find here in abundance. And that’s why it is also called “The Flower Basket Of The World.” Flora & Fauna – Himachal Pradesh
The Great Western Tragopan And The Monal
It is a wide array of pheasant which add more colour to Himachal Pradesh.
- The roly-poly birds are known for luring a number of visitors to Himachal radish.
- Monal, The Khalij, The Koklas and The Great Western Triagopan are the prominent name of birds which play a beautiful role to make Himalaya more beautiful. F
Flora Fauna in Himachal Pradesh
Himachal Pradesh holds a number of sanctuaries and we are mentioning some of very well-known and quite popular among the visitors. Why they are famous if it is flora or fauna, it has also been cleared. Let’s check it out.
- There is no need to give an introduction of Churdhar Wildlife Sanctuary as its name has already been mentioned a number of times in various book. You may go there for exploring, Musk Deer, Leopard, Barking Deer, Goral, Spotted Hare and Sambar. F
- Daranghati Wildlife Sanctuary is blessed with a number of undisturbed amazing forests like Tragopan, Kalij and Kokla. Goral, Golden Pheasant, Barking Deer, Musk Deer, Porcupine and Thar are the major things which attract the visitors to come here again and again.
- Do you wish to see a number of Fir and Deodar trees? You must head to Kalatop Khajjar Wildlife Sanctuary. It is quite beautiful. Here, you can also explore Black Bear, Serow, Hare, Red Pheasant, Golden Pheasant and Sambar. Flora & Fauna – Himachal Pradesh
- Kugti Sanctuary is known for exotic flower like rhodendrons, shrubs and orchids. Stepping into this kind of sanctuary will make you feel as you have entered in fairy-tale based place.
- Pin Valley National Park was established in order to conserve the flora and fauna of Lahaul Spiti area. It is known for having Snow Leopard, Artic Bear and Siberian Ibex. F
- Great Himalayan National Park is the biggest national park in India and quite famous too. It is a place having more than 350 species of wildlife. Here, you can find a wide number of animal and birds like Blue Sheep, Tibetan Antelope, Robin, Blue Fronted Redstart, Snow Leopard and Brown Bear.
- Chail Wildlife Sanctuary is lovely and one of the most sought after places to visit as it is situated adjacent to Chail. It rules over the heart of visitors because of having Oak and Pine trees. Here, you can find a wide array of Birds and Animals like Golden Pheasant, Barking Deer, Kalijin, Porcupine, Goral, Macaw, Black throat Hare and Sambar.Flora Fauna in Himachal Pradesh
Flora Fauna in Himachal Pradesh
I hope you got a drift about the flora and fauna of Himachal Pradesh. Next time whenever you plan to explore Himachal Pradesh, you must add all these things in your list which you must not skip. so how will your reach Himachal, you can book your trip thru Makemytrip or Yatra.com or You can Login IRCTC , this is more popular site in India after Indian Railway and providing following facilities –
IRCTC Providing following facilities
- Train ticket thru IRCTC Website.
- Foreign Tourist Booking thru IRCTC site.
- Connecting Journey Booking thru IRCTC .
- Group Booking thru IRCTC Website.
- Cancel E Ticket thru IRCTC site.
- Cancel Counter Ticket thru IRCTC Website.
- PNR Enquiry thru IRCTC .
- Cancel Train ticket thru IRCTC Website.
- Train Schedule thru IRCTC site.
- Live train status thru IRCTC .
- Track Your Live Train station thru IRCTC Website.
- Holiday Packages thru IRCTC site.
- International Holiday Packages thru IRCTC.
- IRCTC Hotels thru IRCTC Website.
- Retiring Room thru IRCTC site.
- Book Flight thru IRCTC Website.
- E catering thru IRCTC site.
So what have you to do for your Booking just Login IRCTC website and choose facility as per your choice till then
Have A Happy Journey..
Stay Connected For Latest And Spicy Updates…with Jiyopalpal
You may also like